“Great for business and shopping”

Best Western Plus Sundial
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
“Great for business and shopping”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The location, rooms and service was awesome. Don't hesitate just book it...ask for Jude.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The front desk staff on duty upon our arrival and staff on duty at departure time were genuinely friendly and quite eager to provide good service. Our luggage had been delayed and I explained that we were hoping for a call from the airport. I explained to front desk personnel that we would only be staying for one night in Scottsdale so would like to leave my cell number with them to provide to airport baggage claim people in the event the luggage did not arrive before we checked out. Well, it didn't arrive but hotel received a call approx one half hour after we left and as promised, requested that airport baggage claim personnel call my cell and that prevented the ruination of our trip.

Our room was unique from any hotel room I have ever seen and in our opinion, it was very nice! It had everything we needed including a refrigerator. In our case, we really liked the bathroom shower. The breakfast area is small with limited seating but there was access to an adjoining conference room with large table so that is where we had breakfast. Breakfast fare was typical complimentary breakfast food but good quality. We found the hotel nice and clean. If we return to Scottsdale, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Playa Del Carmen
Reviewed 7 November 2011

this was our second stay here this year. The hotel is fairly new, clean and bright. Offers a continental breakfsat and is within walking distance to Fashin Valley Square Shopping. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bouvier053
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the sundial Best Western Scottsdale, AZ. The beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean. Within walking distance to the Fashion Mall with many shops and restaurants. We founds the staff pleasant and accomodating to our needs. Excellent value for the money!! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I checked in after driving 6 hours and was ready to relax. The room I checked into was the perfect spot. The decor was so inviting and relaxing at the same time. The bed was so comfortable and lots of pillows (a personal favorite). There was free wi-fi in the room and the drink vending machine and ice machine were nearby. I was a little confused by having a bathrub in the room (I had never seen this before) but when I turned on the wide screen flat panel tv and the massage jets I knew I would be in there awhile (the water also changes colors). There was a seperate glass and granite tile shower that gave a perfect wake up shower. It was great having a coffee maker in the room to use while I was working. The work station was very spacious with outlets to plug in my laptop and phone charger. There were several comfortable sitting spots to allow me to think away from the desk. The room was very spacious. The was even a sitting area outside my room if I wanted to go out and get some fresh air.

The pool was great. The perfect tempature in the hot desert sun. There was a seperate hot tub that was also welcoming after a long drive. There was also a cabana with an outdoor shower beind it and bathroom so you didn't have to go thru the hotel and back to the hotel room. The pool also featured a nice waterfall in the back.

All the rooms have outdoor access vs a hallway but it was very safe and you are right in the heart of the fashion district with very high end stores and other resorts nearby. There is a great sitting area in the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor that matches the outside cabana. There is a small circular drive at the front of the hotel where you can unload your vehicle however the parking area you have to get back on the road and drive around to the behind of the hotel where there are two parking lots that flank the pool area.

The breakfast area was small and crowded when filled with diners. An outdoor eating area would be great consdering the area and climate surrounding the hotel. The hot food was great, eggs, bacon, oatmeal. It all tasted great. There is also a small 24 hour work station with a couple computer across the lobby behind the front desk. It could use a printer so you could print out some local maps or flight documents.

Overall the hotel was excellent. I met both managers Sergio and Jude and they were both accomodating in my request. I needed a sewing kit which they provided and also gave me some great ideas to see around town.

My room was the best hotel room I stayed at during my week long trip. I was hungry and needing dinner but the room was so nice I decided not to leave it's comfort. If anyone needs a room to get away for a day or longer this would be a perfect escape. I loved this place and will definately stay here again next time I'm in Scottsdale.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Talonrock
Glenolden, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 October 2011

What a wonderful stay at the best western sundial in scottsdale az. Everyone there is friendly, professional and lt starts with jude( general manager) and filters down to his entire staff. The property is very well maintained. The rooms are great, the pool area is great, and the morning breakfast was more than sufficient. The hotel is convenient to everything, shopping, dining, and sightseeing. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone going to the phoenix area. This hotel is a gem in scottsdale.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rjsabjr52
Kettleman City, California, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2011

ill be making another trip in that area in the next few months for business, last time i was there i had a great time, the sundial is within walking distant of anything you can need !

will stay again !