“couldn't ask for more”

Best Western Plus Sundial
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here only one night and was very satisfied!! The hotel is very beautiful and your great service on check in was greatly appreciated. Very nice area and the most comfortable bed!! I thought I was at home I slept so good!! Look forward to staying here again and will recommend to friends and family!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy, and it is quieter after traffic slows down in the evening.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Sundial

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This was a girls family birthday celebration. With 4 females in the room it would have been nice to have a mirror above the dresser in the bedroom so another person could dry their hair, or put on make-up at the same time. The room was more narrow than usual also. The location was great for eating out and shopping.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Superstitions7320, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Hello Zoelife, It was our pleasure to have you and your girlfriends stay with us. Downtown Scottsdale is a great place to celebrate a birthday. On your next stay please ask about our Girlfriend Getaway packages and our connector suites with 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms. The perfect solution for everyone to get ready for the night out on the town. Please let us know how we can help you plan your next special occasion.

At your service,
Jude

Reviewed 9 November 2011

The location, rooms and service was awesome. Don't hesitate just book it...ask for Jude.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The front desk staff on duty upon our arrival and staff on duty at departure time were genuinely friendly and quite eager to provide good service. Our luggage had been delayed and I explained that we were hoping for a call from the airport. I explained to front desk personnel that we would only be staying for one night in Scottsdale so would like to leave my cell number with them to provide to airport baggage claim people in the event the luggage did not arrive before we checked out. Well, it didn't arrive but hotel received a call approx one half hour after we left and as promised, requested that airport baggage claim personnel call my cell and that prevented the ruination of our trip.

Our room was unique from any hotel room I have ever seen and in our opinion, it was very nice! It had everything we needed including a refrigerator. In our case, we really liked the bathroom shower. The breakfast area is small with limited seating but there was access to an adjoining conference room with large table so that is where we had breakfast. Breakfast fare was typical complimentary breakfast food but good quality. We found the hotel nice and clean. If we return to Scottsdale, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

this was our second stay here this year. The hotel is fairly new, clean and bright. Offers a continental breakfsat and is within walking distance to Fashin Valley Square Shopping. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bouvier053
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the sundial Best Western Scottsdale, AZ. The beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean. Within walking distance to the Fashion Mall with many shops and restaurants. We founds the staff pleasant and accomodating to our needs. Excellent value for the money!! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I checked in after driving 6 hours and was ready to relax. The room I checked into was the perfect spot. The decor was so inviting and relaxing at the same time. The bed was so comfortable and lots of pillows (a personal favorite). There was free wi-fi in the room and the drink vending machine and ice machine were nearby. I was a little confused by having a bathrub in the room (I had never seen this before) but when I turned on the wide screen flat panel tv and the massage jets I knew I would be in there awhile (the water also changes colors). There was a seperate glass and granite tile shower that gave a perfect wake up shower. It was great having a coffee maker in the room to use while I was working. The work station was very spacious with outlets to plug in my laptop and phone charger. There were several comfortable sitting spots to allow me to think away from the desk. The room was very spacious. The was even a sitting area outside my room if I wanted to go out and get some fresh air.

The pool was great. The perfect tempature in the hot desert sun. There was a seperate hot tub that was also welcoming after a long drive. There was also a cabana with an outdoor shower beind it and bathroom so you didn't have to go thru the hotel and back to the hotel room. The pool also featured a nice waterfall in the back.

All the rooms have outdoor access vs a hallway but it was very safe and you are right in the heart of the fashion district with very high end stores and other resorts nearby. There is a great sitting area in the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor that matches the outside cabana. There is a small circular drive at the front of the hotel where you can unload your vehicle however the parking area you have to get back on the road and drive around to the behind of the hotel where there are two parking lots that flank the pool area.

The breakfast area was small and crowded when filled with diners. An outdoor eating area would be great consdering the area and climate surrounding the hotel. The hot food was great, eggs, bacon, oatmeal. It all tasted great. There is also a small 24 hour work station with a couple computer across the lobby behind the front desk. It could use a printer so you could print out some local maps or flight documents.

Overall the hotel was excellent. I met both managers Sergio and Jude and they were both accomodating in my request. I needed a sewing kit which they provided and also gave me some great ideas to see around town.

My room was the best hotel room I stayed at during my week long trip. I was hungry and needing dinner but the room was so nice I decided not to leave it's comfort. If anyone needs a room to get away for a day or longer this would be a perfect escape. I loved this place and will definately stay here again next time I'm in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo