“Absolutely Loved This Place! Quiet & Affordable Relaxation”

Best Western Plus Sundial
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Staff was absolutely wonderful, helpful, and professional. We were visiting from Los Angeles and this was a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the big busy city. It felt more like a "homey" bed & breakfast type of atmosphere. Swimming pool & jacuzzi was refreshing and not very crowded considering it was 112 degrees and higher during our stay. Would definitely stay again!!!

Room Tip: Exec Stes. have a jacuzzi-like tub & balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank anspring

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Sundial and were really pleased with all aspects of our stay. First of all the very comfortable hotel and rooms have the feel of a very modern Frank Lloyd Wright design. The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful and obviously get good direction from Jude the General Manager who we enjoyed meeting. Nice pool. Great a/c to combat the 100 plus outside temps while we were there. Very nice hot breakfast served. And the hotel is nicely situated to shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. The very reasonable rates make the Sundial a great value. We will definitely book the Sundial next time we're traveling to Scottsdale.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jilltom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I must say once more the BEST WESTERN SUNDIAL came through for me again. In a last minute crunch my parents showed up unannouced and I had no room for them to stay.So I contacted the SUNDAIL and they made it happen!!! THANK YOU again SUNDAIL!!!!!

Room Tip: any suite 301
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sachdizzy
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Very hot outside, but the pool and a/c kept us cool. Service wonderrful-Mark, Mindy, Segio, and Dan were very helpful and nice to us and our puppy. We were there for a tough visit and the people working made it better for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My Fiance and I were visiting Phoenix for a baseball game and upon looking online for good hotels, I stumbled upon this one. The pictures looked good and the price was excellent compared to other hotels. I made reservations on the Best Western website and I decided to join their rewards program since it was free of charge. When my Fiance and I checked in, they upgraded us to a suite for being reward members. Once we entered the room we were taken back and didn't feel as though we were in a Best Western. The room was exceptionally clean and had a modern feel to it. The hotel is in a perfect location for almost anything you'd like to do. It is literally right across the street from bars and clubs so having to pay for a cab ride back is not necessary. It is also very close to Fashion Square and several restaurants around Scottsdale. The service is great as well! Don't hesitate staying here!

1  Thank Karina1289
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We booked a jacuzzi suite but the only one available was directly across from an ice machine and 2 vending machines, needless to say, I didn't want to me kept awake by that. I had to take a king corner suite instead. So the rooms are renovated, they definitely dont look like a typical Best Western, but it is still a Best Western. It is across the street from The Mint and Axis/Radius and down the street from Fashion Square Mall so its really a great location, especially if you are staying there just to crash after partying all night. I was told right at checkin that this is a loud hotel and I should expect people being pretty rowdy all night. Our AC didn't get under 79 degrees but overall the room was surprisingly clean and modern. I tend to stay at resorts and will not give best western types another chance after this. The breakfast was decent coffee, cereal, toast/bagels, and egg/sausage/cheese/potato burritos. I'm sure it is fine for the majority of the clientele that they cater to, drunk 20 somethings.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suites are only on the bottom floor, so you'll have movement from the upper floors a...
2  Thank DestinationAZ
Superstitions7320, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Like yourself we have many guests from the Phoenix area that prefer to stay with us for the Great Location, Star Bucks Coffee, and of course the service. And Yes there is plenty of action in Downtown Scottsdale This creates a late night energy that we make guests aware of, however rowdy behavior is never tolerated on the property, We do hope you revise your title for the review of the BW Plus Sundial, and stay again.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a very nice property, though some of the surrounding area is basically vacant fenced in lots, the property itself is very well maintained. Service is awesome, Sergio and Dan were both great. I booked on Hotwire, and then upgraded to a Jaccuzzi Room upon check-in. The room was very nice and well appointed. However the Jaccuzzi Tub did not work, so I went to the front desk to tell them about it, 20 minutes later we are in a Sky Suite at no extra charge, OUTSTANDING!! Awesome room with a seperate living room, and a jaccuzzi tub. Two TV's and a wonderful patio complete with a chaize lounge, chairs a table etc:
Coffee maker, fridge, and a very comfy bed!!!
The pool area was also great, I had a cabana to myself as nobody was using it, and the pool temp was perfect. The hot tub was also great, powerful jets, and just the right temp again. The tubs in the room have some great jets as well.
Breakfast in the morning was standard continental, plus oatmeal, and breakfast burritos which were delicious. I will definately go back to this property, it is a great place to stay.
Met the general manager the next morning and he was great as well. I Highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Upgrade or book the jaccuzi rooms, they are very nice, and those tubs are fantastic!!
1  Thank trmv