The most friendly and helpful front desk clerks! Helped us in getting to various destinations and didn't mind how many times I asked the same question. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
We had a room with 2 full size beds. The room was a little narrower than the average hotel room, but it was okay. Loved the wooden, slotted blinds they have on the windows. They actually close... unlike most drapes that other hotels use. Mattress was comfortable. They had goose down pillows, which I don't happen to care for, but a lot of people like. The shower was different. There was no tub, just a shower with a partial wall and no sliding glass door. Sometimes water found its way out of the shower, but not too much that the towel didn't absorb. The shower was the kind that could be removed from the holder and hand held which was nice.
Sink was outside the bathroom which allows 2 people to get ready at once and keeps the mirror from being fogged from the shower.
The building was different. We entered the lobby and took the elevator up, then crossed a bridge like walkway and exited to the outside and then walked to the room. The door to go back out again was a little heavy. Could set outside on the 3rd floor on an open air patio which was nice. We could hear music from a bar somewhere down the street, but our room had an extra wall across from its door and we didn't hear the music once inside.
The location allowed for an easy 1-2 mile drive to Old Town which had plenty of shopping and restaurants. We stayed 2 nights here upon arrival to Phoenix and stayed again the last night before departing for the airport. A person at the front desk gave us easy driving directions to the airport which I believe was to just go down Camelback Rd and then 24th to return the rental car. It might have taken about 30 minutes to get to the airport. It was much better then what our GPS had us do to find the hotel from the airport.... LoL! GPS had us on and off freeways a few times and I missed an exit, but still not bad.
Getting into the resort at night was not clear with signage, but a little common sense worked fine. I didn't see an entrance, only exits and went around a corner and ended up on a side street next to the lobby. Here the parking was right across from the lobby and easy enough and close enough to just pull the luggage across a alley like street.... in a well lit safe area.
Breakfast was excellent here. 4 cold cereals, coffee, tea, fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, various breads for toast and I think they had muffins.
Would stay again. Thanks to the staff for all their help with directions and making it such a pleasant stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Three Diamond The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial is located approximately 12 miles from Sky Harbour International Airport 25-30 minutes via car taxi shuttle or limousine. Located in Historic, Vibrant Downtown Scottsdale the most desirable destination in The Valley of the Sun, featuring the southwest's finest shopping, dining, entertainment and culture. Experience a relaxed tone and distinct "sense of place." The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial reflects and implies the flavor of its unique fun filled location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Sundial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sundial Hotel Scottsdale
- Best Western Plus Sundial Scottsdale, Arizona