“The Best of the Best!!”

Best Western Plus Sundial
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Wonderful hotel with an excellent, caring staff. Convenient to most of Old Scottsdale and wonderful restaurants. Intimate, quiet and comfortable. Great accommodations. My stay was definitely a real pleasure. I am looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jude N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Dear Steward S,
Thank you for choosing the Sundial. We do hope to see you again soon.
At your service,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel near downtown Scottsdale, AZ. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and nice. It's a good value. I would recommend is that they get something betther than the breakfast sandwiches and burritos they offer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and we found it nice and comfortable. The rooms were big and clean, the stuff was kind and friendly and the hotel pretty modern. The swimmingpool was good even if the deckchairs were a bit dirty.
The only thing that could be better is breakfast, there isn't a lot of Choice and it's served right in front of the lobby. Also the airconditioning in the room was a bit noisy but in general a good stay.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Convenient to The Fashion Mall with over 200 shops. And just a pedicab away from Old Town Scottsdale with all those art and Artifact shops and restaurants. The suites are great and we love the in room jaccuzzis. The staff is very attentive. The decor is subdued modern and impeccably maintained. The owners take great pride in their property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jude N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hello Michael,

From our entire team, thank you! For choosing our hotel and for taking the time to inform others of your experience with others here on tripadvisor.com
We are fortunate to have you as our guest, if it gets too cool up there in the high country you know we are nice and warm here in the valley.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

So I read many reviews before staying here. I was excited to try this best western that was supposedly a AAA triple diamond member.

Check in- very slow. The young male was slow never acknowledged diamond membership with best western just asked do I stay often at best western which I said I used to because now I am marriott gold and IHG platinum and stay at hotels usually like 3 days a week. I know service and the questions and slowness found at check in was not professional. I would have liked an upgrade which is a benefit of diamond since they have a sky loft suite and was told at their hotel occupancy was usually 30-40 percent which means they probably have some good rooms which entitles me to the best available room as an elite status, but again I was never asked about my room or welcomed as a diamond elite member and thanked for continuing bringing business to them.

The room itself- the room was clean tho. I like the stone inside the room the bed was comfortable which is most important. The room was a good size and probably bigger than some best westerns.

Everything was fine the check out. Check out is supposed to be smooth and easy by either leaving the key in the room or dropping them off at the front desk and informing them and actually helping recycle their keys. Since I stay at many hotels I always go to front desk and give them keys to recycle. This instance there wasn't anyone at the front desk. As I waited about two minutes I decided to ring the bell as another customer walked in from parking. He waited behind me and another 5 minutes and still no one. I had rang the bell about four times and we are at about a 7 min wait. So I go behind the desk and find a housekeeping individual and asked if she could find me the front desk clerk. Then the owner came out named Rudy Joey john or something but to be honest already forgot. I told him I'm checking out etc don't think as a diamond elite I should be going behind hotel deals to find workers that shouldn't be my job. Anyways told him it was a free night anyways because I had a travel card and he continued no it isn't because he wasn't completely reading the computer the reservation or the 100 dollar travel card in the system. Of course he found it and said how would you like to pay the difference. Usually it's a question like "is it okay to put the difference on the card we have on file" which is why I gave it to them besides incidentals I knew it wasn't a rewards night it was a travel card.

The service seemed very poor and old. Things need to be a lot smoother at this hotel. The bathroom lobby you have to go outside for and use a key from the front desk not your hotel key.

Overall after the service from the front desk staff and then a simple checkout by the owner himself I will never return to this best western independently owned property and thank them for the stay it was free in the end minus some taxes.

Hope they work on the service because that goes way further than any room and amenities they can offer. That's the beauty of elite at various hotels that have various price points and amenities they offer but service that should be basic and always a number one priority!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jude N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hello Fayez,
Congratulations on making your first tripadvisor.com review! We appreciate you choosing our property and I am happy you liked our clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Your check in time was 4 minutes. Yes that is a little longer then usual and we apologize for that. Your room had a King size bed and Whirlpool tub. On your next visit please contact me directly at the hotel and I will personally see to it that you find a room, or hotel, that meets your expectations.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Great location near downtown Scottsdale. The hotel was built with a Frank Lloyd Wright vibe modern/deco. Probably the nicest Best Western I have ever stayed in. Room was spotless and well maintained. Nice pool.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BadKarma65

Hello BadKarma65, It is an honor to receive such a high score from you, a senior contributor to tripadvisor.com. From all of us at the Best Western Plus Sundial, THANK YOU!

At your service,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

It had been a long time since I had stayed at a Best Western, but I have to say it was exceptionally nice.I really enjoyed sitting in the comfortable furniture on the second story covered terrace in the early morning hours drinking my coffee. Everything was clean and well taken care of. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pointeauloux

Dear pointeauloux, Your review is music to our ears. Thank you for Choosing the Best Western Plus Sundial while in Scottsdale. From our entire team, we look forward to your return.