“GREAT SERVISE”

Ranked #40 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Scottsdale, Arizona
“GREAT SERVISE”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

very nice hotel,rooms are supper,staff very helpful,like staying with family.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Reviewed the TripAdvisor comments before booking this reservation and we were not disappointed. A great value for such a new property with convenient location to the hot spots of Scottsdale. The beds were very comfortable--our number one criteria and the breakfast was also a hit--about the best we have seen. Staff were also very friendly. Would gladly book this location upon return to Scottsdale in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This is a great, affordable hotel. I've stayed in hotels costing three times as much that don't offer anything more. Everything from a wonderful staff to superb rooms. Starting with the desk person who checked me in and directed me to the Fashion Square/Old Town area for dinner, and assured me walking there alone at night was perfectly safe (I did and it was), and continuing with the housekeepers and maintenance people. My room, which was not one of the most expensive in the hotel I'm sure, had a refrigerator, a jacuzzi tub, and a very comfortable bed, even a chair with a swing arm for a laptop.
Location was superb, right on the edge of downtown Scottsdale, but not on the pricey side.
The only "weird" thing, as others have pointed out, is the shower -- it does spray all over the bathroom, which is why they provide two bath mats. This was not a big thing for me, rather just an oddity, But I'm told they are trying different things to change this, from extending the glass to changing the showerheads.
For the money, I wouldn't recommend that anyone going to Scottsdale stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Jude N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello VeeRich, from our entire team here at the Best Western Plus Sundial, thank you for your kind words.
At your service,
metamora, mi
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Clean rooms, great location, super friendly staff. Decent FREE breakfast. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, etc. Was concerned that noise from nearby nightclubs would be an issue, but is wasn't at all. Slept great (comfy bed!). Much better than many places I've stayed in Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
sundial101, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Let me start by thanking you for staying with us at the Best Western SUNDIAL. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Sundial because weather kicked us out of Sedona early. It was a good choice. The AAA rate of $89 included a third floor 2 Queen bed room with continental breakfast and WiFi. Both were quite adequate.. The hotel is new and metro styled. Lots of grey and tile. Pleasant. It reminded me of Target-- budget priced but styled minded. The cups were IKEA, the toiletries botanical. As with many hotels in the area, they plan on the weather to be nice. The entrances were outside hallways; the treadmill was even outside. There is outside seating on each floor.

All in all, I feel as though we got what we paid for. It was clean and fresh. Scottsdale is a toney area; one can’t expect the same quality and style as a resort for $89. The general manager was attentive in catching us at the door with coupons for a local breakfast place. If I were to make any complaints about the hotel it would be that the parking is not obvious. They have two lots behind the building, but no signs as how to get to them. Also, seating was limited at the breakfast.

We would definitely stay at this Best Western again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ChloesMomBetsey
Let me start by thanking you for staying with us at the Best Western SUNDIAL.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Bozeman
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I had 3 days of meeting in Phoenix, and stayed here because of the Best Western Brand.
It was not what I was expecting...it was so much more.
Unique design and materials make the a real oasis in the waterfront area of Scottsdale.
Sergio at front desk was very accomodating.
I walked to the Fashion mall for dinner.
I will stay here whenever I can.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Let me start by thanking you for staying with us at the Best Western SUNDIAL.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay & appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western brand.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We stayed 2 nights over Christmas and were very pleased. It is a new hotel, very contemporary style, very clean. The staff was exceptionally helpful, even calling to make reservations for us at a local restaurant. The beds were comfortable, towels fluffy, nice amenities and quiet rooms. Stay included a hot breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, etc. Great value within walking distance of Fashion Square.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple