“Very Good Food”

Ranked #589 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Thai
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Located in strip mall right on Frank Lloyd Wright near Shea Blvd. I ordered the Chicken Curry which had bell peppers, potatoes, carrots and onions. The waiter told me the THAI HOT Sauce would be too much for me so I ordered one step lower...the Hot. I was surprised how mild it was.

The lunch specials run from $7 to $9. No liquor license but you can bring your own alcohol. I will try again during the dinner hour that ends at 9:00 PM

• Visited December 2013

“Not quite there...”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were very happy to discover a Thai restaurant close to home and tried it Thursday night. The decor is a step above a Chinese takeout place, which is unfortunate because it wouldn't take much to spruce it up.
The appetizers were not very good at all - their version of shrimp toast was actually chicken toast - with so little chicken that I thought they had forgotten to include it while cooking. The deep fried toast was very greasy - maybe the fryer temp was not high enough so the bread just absorbed all the grease. The corn patties sounded promising but were just ok - better than the toast but not worth ordering again.

The red curry was very good and filling. My husband ordered it with the sticky rice but we felt it would have been better with plain white or brown rice. I ordered the Massamun curry which is like a beef stew. The curry was delicious but they must have used a very low end cut of beef because it was not very flavorful and some pieces were overlooked. I would order it again if I could get it with pork.

The service was attentive and friendly but the server brought us our check without asking if we wanted desert (which we did, so we went to the local ice cream store instead). I don't know why they do that - basically turning away additional revenue in a place that had empty tables. I think a good rule of thumb is to decrease the tip when the waiter tries to rush you out.

All in all, this is an okay place that I would return to more for convenience than anything else.

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good Thai food, nice atmosphere, at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Thinking about Thai food, we thought we should try this local (to my cousin's home) Thai restaurant. Inside, it looked nice with a nice Thai atmosphere. I ordered one of my favorite Thai dishes, Panang (Red curry), medium spicy, and with chicken. It looked and tasted great and was a reasonable price. We ordered four dishes for the three of us and ended up taking some home because the portions are not small. Osha Thai Café is a very good place for Thai food so we would recommend Osha and return ourselves.

Visited July 2013
Arizona
“Hidden Hideaway!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My husband and I had lunch here for the first time today. We thought it was closed when we walked up to the door but are glad we went inside. I thought it was very lovely -- not huge. Some booths off to the side, and the rest are tables. I loved that it wasn't noisy! I had the vegetable stir-fry (with brown rice) which I really enjoyed. It normally comes with chicken, pork, beef, or tofu but I chose none. It had bean sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, onions, snow peas and baby corn. Yummy! Without the meat it really makes for a healthy lunch and humane too! My husband had the yellow curry which had bell peppers, potatoes, carrots and onions -- with chicken. He said it was excellent and really enjoyed it. They have a nice choice of soups, rice and noodle dishes, stir-fry's, salads and if you are a curry lover, 7 different curry dishes. You don't have to be afraid of the Thai name. You can find something to eat here, and it will be delicious (and healthy). The prices were very reasonable at lunchtime and I liked their water! (For water drinkers, this is a big thing!)

• Visited October 2012
“Authentic!”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This place is a small- maybe 10 table Thai cafe in Scottsdale. The food is AMAZING!!!!! I get the Tom Kha soup everytime and it is perfection!! The food taste authentic and delicious!

Service is always quick and friendly.

It is also BYOB which makes it a funplace to come and enjoy some of your own wine with friends.

• Visited September 2012