“5 Star all the way!”

The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The Canyon Suites is the best of both worlds. Your at a small boutique hotel with incredible service and a very tranquil pool but you still have full access to all the amenities of the Phoenician resort which includes many pools, fitness center, spa, great restaurants. This resort truely has it all!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Many great times here in the past so always come back when we can. Celebrated a birthday and felt like a VIP. Travel a lot and no service compares. Thanks to Julian and staff for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2011
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Thank you for sharing! The Canyon Suites experience is tailored to be more exclusive, intimate and personal. We're so glad we were able to make your special day that much more memorable. We hope to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2011

We went for a Girls Golf Getaway and found this property to be no less than perfect. Stayed in the Canyon Suites and could not have been more pleased with the accommodation. Suites were spacious and beautifully appointed. Loved the 5 star bedding - so comfy! Chose the hotel for the golf course which did not disappoint. The immaculately groomed Phoenician Golf Course has 27 holes, each nine offering different vistas, layouts and elevations. This resort offers a variety of dining options, do try the Kobe Burgers and Fried Pickles at the Relish Burger Bistro. Ask for Jasmine, she will help you choose a shot of tequila for your favorite Margarita! Excellent pools at both the Canyon Suites and the main hotel. Great place to hang out and relax after an early morning round of golf. No need for rental car here, this hotel provides airport shuttle, car and driver service, perfect for our quick commute to the Scottsdale Fashion Square and most importantly no worries for a DD for evening outings. Overall we had a fantastic trip, service was outstanding and we can't wait to book again for next year!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank golfgurls
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We travelled as a group of 6 golfers in May, 2011. The Phoenician is an amazing property! We stayed in the The Canyon Suites, which were amazing! Its worth the deluxe view to get the amazing views of Phoenix....and you get the added bonus of the private pool and complimentary shuttle service. The rooms are great, and very comfortable. If you book through American Express Gold or Platinum Card, you get free late check out, free breakfast and $100.00 Food and beverage credit! What an amazing deal! The private Canyon Suites pools were great, but we did even spend some time at the main hotel pools, and they were uncrowded, and there is a family designated area, as well as an area designated "adults only".....this was very nice. They have a water slide that was fun. We ate at the Relish burger bistro, and the burgers and margaritas were amazing! We have a few margarita drinkers in our group and all of us stated that is was the best margarita we ever had! The burger was delish, and the service from Jasmine was outstanding! She is a GEM!
The golf was awesome...this troon managed course is immaculate, and simply a joy to play. It is manicured, and the vistas and elevation changes are amazing....it was challenging, as well as beautiful! We wanted to stay longer and play it MORE! The spa is great too, and there is nothing better than a great pedicure and massage after early morning golf!
The Canyon Suites Courtesy car will drive you to surrounding restaurants and shopping at nearby Fashion Square Mall....this is an amazing servie, and the drivers are courteous and on time!
I would definitely recommend The Phoenician for families, couples as well as business meetings, or even destination weddings....it was well worth the $$, and we will definitely be back in 2012 for our annual Gurls Week!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bcgurl17
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to share your guest experience! The margarita fans in your group might be interested to know that Relish Burger Bistro is home to the largest tequila collection in the state of Arizona. If your golf game included The Phoenician's Oasis Course, then you were able to try out our newly redesigned No. 9 hole, featuring Arizona's only "sand island" green. We're pleased to learn that you enjoyed the exclusivity of The Canyon Suites. The chauffeured-driven Mercedes SUV you mentioned -- along with the Canyon Pool -- are two services/amenities specific to Canyon Suites guests. As your review demonstrates, The Canyon Suites offers a more enhanced, private experience, while at the same time providing guests with access to all of the services and amenities of The Phoenician. We look forward to seeing you again in 2012 for your annual friends getaway!

Reviewed 2 May 2011

My wife and I have been travelling to the Canyon Suites for over 10 years. In our view, there is no better vacation spot in North America. Earlier this year, I planned a golf trip with three friends and was thrilled that, just as had been the case with my trips with my wife, the resort was just as extraordinary as a golf trip destination.

We have now just returned from a full family vacation at the resort, including our three children aged 13, 11 and 8. My wife and I had long considered bringing the kids to the resort and finally decided to do it. We were not dissappointed. Just as had been the case on our solo trips and my golf trip, the resort exceeded all of our expectations as a family resort.

The staff at the canyon suites are unlike any that I have ever encountered. They are pleasant beyond words and always looking for ways to make the trip as enjoyable as possible. The kids loved the afternoon snacks in the lobby and the special attention they got every time we returned to the hotel. In simple terms, I cannot imagine a more well managed hotel than the Canyon suites. Everything is perfect.

For those of you thinking about activities for the kids, we can certainly say that they will be kept busy. Our kids adored all of the pools and particularly the slide at the main hotel. They also loved coming back to the Canyon pool at the end of the day for a quiet swim as the sun was setting. The golf course was extremely welcoming to the kids who played with me for free after 3:00 pm. The tennis courts were also great. Finally, the luxury of being driven to the base of Camelback mountain for a hike in an air conditioned luxury car (another Canyon Suites perk) was also tremendous.

All in all, we cannot think of a better place to take your family.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of The Canyon Suites. We are so pleased you and your family had a memorable vacation. The AAA Five Diamond boutique hotel is truly a resort-within-a-resort, designed to provide guests with a more private, enhanced experience -- along with access to all of the services and amenities found at The Phoenician. The complimentary golf for kids after 3 p.m. that you mentioned is part of our Family Tees Program. Junior rental sets are also available. We hope all of you had a chance to explore the Family Activity Center as well, which features a movie theater and interactive game room with Nintendo Wii. Thank you for visiting! We hope to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I LOVE the Phoenician. I go at least once a year. This year I decided to try the Canyon Suites at the Phoenician and I am still not sure what I was paying extra for. I arrived late and there was no one at the front door!!!! NO ONE. I think the cab driver was afraid to leave me there by myself! I had just arrived after a 6 hour plane ride. Ironically, I had received and replied to a personalized email from an "ambassador" about my exact arrival time several days before my arrival... maybe it went to his spam box? The Phoenician is a great property... LOVE IT. and I think I'll take my chances in the main house going forward. The pool is great. Spa, tennis facilities great. The property has an excellent range of restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank newyorker020

Thank you for sharing your comments. The Canyon Suites, as Arizona's only AAA Five Diamond boutique hotel, is designed to provide a more intimate, personalized guest experience. Your arrival situation was certainly not standard procedure and will be reviewed by management with our staff. One of the hotel's enhanced services is a check-in process that takes place right in your suite - offering added convenience for the weary traveler. We hope you were able to enjoy many of the other signature features offered, including sterling silver coffee and tea service delivered to your suite every morning; the complimentary weekday afternoon wine tastings; and the guaranteed reservations at any Phoenician restaurant or recreational venue, such as spa and golf. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you join us once again at either The Phoenician or The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

The staff at the Phoenician and Canyon Suites are amazing!!! I was pampered and tended to as if I were the only reservation/guest in the whole place. Deniz was beyond helpful and I felt as though he truly wanted me to have the experience of a lifetime. It was a birthday that week as well and the staff wanted to celebrate right along with me. I definitely recommend the Canyon Suites or the Phoenician. Beautiful facility but the staff...they made it all worth it!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business