“Fantastic service and wonderful suite”

The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic service and wonderful suite”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I went to canyon suites with two of my girlfriends. We had a great experience. Alex at the front desk was the best concierge/front desk attendant I've ever met. She recommended we upgrade to a suite from a single room to a suite for a nominal fee-we did. We also received complementary champagne and chocolates to celebrate our respective 40th birthdays. The suite was large and well decorated with a very comfy bed. The balcony spanned the width of the suite and overlooked one of the pools. We took two yoga classes and they were top notch. The spa treatment was nice. I had a male masseuse, so if you're keen on a female one I recommend you ask in advance. The spa was clean but a little dated. All the staff were helpful and eager to please. I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Devorah L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Everything top notch, restaurant, service, staff, amenities. There is a reason it's the no:1 hotel in Arizona, well deserved.
I've stayed in many hotels in many countries, this is really one of the best(well we were upgraded to the suites) so maybe that's one of the reasons but still great. Pricier than other resorts in the area but all worth it.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank deusel
Prescott, Az
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This place has every thing you could ever want. Proptery is stuning and it is well kept.
Service is gracious and not intrusive..Not to be missed..Location is great and you feel like you are the only guest as the staff is world class. Restaurants are so good that you do not have to leave the proptery

Room Tip: Away from the pool for me.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary1400PCH
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
We appreciate your kind comments, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the signature exclusivity and distinctive AAA Five Diamond service of our boutique resort-within-a-resort. Our diverse dining options are designed to satisfy all tastes and styles. We hope you’ll join us again soon!
Provo, Utah, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My sister spent the better part of a year planning the perfect relaxing vacation for herself, me, and our parents. She settled on the Phoenician because of the beautiful area and the resort feel. The Canyon Suites fit her needs perfectly.
We had many questions prior to the trip. The ambassadors were always willing to help in any way even before we got there.

Once we arrived, I must say that the service was the BEST part of the experience. They were there for anything that we needed and always VERY friendly when they saw us. We honestly felt like we were the only ones in the hotel. They knew us and what we needed before we even asked. Denae and Jared deserve extra recognition. Denae gave us great suggestions for places to eat and things to try. Jared was always there when we needed to get around on the grounds and didn't feel like walking.

Here are the things I would recommend to anyone planning a trip here (note that we don't have any experience in the hotel portion of the Phoenician since we stayed at the Canyon Suites):

We had a two bedroom deluxe suite with a view of the golf course (2nd floor) with an amazing view. My parents had a one bedroom deluxe room with a pool view (2nd floor) that had another amazing view (more pool scenery instead of the landscape view on the golf side). Both rooms were very spacious and had large balconies with wonderful patio furniture for having quite time outside.

The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds that I have ever experienced. It's the first time I actually like their pillows better than my own.

There are no ice makers on the floors, but they will deliver buckets of ice at any time. We asked for ice once and they remembered and had it waiting for us in our rooms everyday after that.

Room Service was a huge treat. They will set your table with a table cloth and fresh flowers with your meal. It feels like a restaurant in your room. One day we were craving cereal for dinner and they were more than happy to get that for us.

We reserved a cabana by the pool one of the days. I would recommend that to everyone. It has a fan, and a full bathroom with shower and robe. The wait staff around the pool is there with everything you need. The pool at the Canyon Suites is very quiet. It is perfect place to sit back and read a good book.

Don't worry about bringing towels. The ones at the pool are better and bigger than you get at most pools. Stop by the Ice Cream Parlor before heading out and get a smoothie. They are divine (check the menu because they aren't on their wall board). My sister loved the gelato.

Relish Bistro (the grill by the golf course) was our favorite lunch spot. Lots of great choices and the fries and tots are the best! Be sure to try the Prickly Pear Cactus drink.
Il Terrazzo was the best place for breakfast. On the weekends they have a buffet that has everything you could want to eat. I loved the french toast and the oatmeal. Again everyone at the restaurants on the grounds were wonderful.

The spa! What can I say? I have never had a facial and figured this was the time to try it. I had Luanne. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She was so knowledgeable and made me look 10 years younger in one visit (I had a custom facial). I loved it so much that I made a second appointment during that same week. The zero gravity chairs in the meditation area were a great way to end the day at the spa.

We loved the cactus garden by the Suites. The little desert critters are out a lot in the morning so that was the best time to get good shots of them.

My Dad, an avid golfer, said the course was the most manicured course he's played on. Very well kept like everything else on the grounds.

Be sure to have them drive you to the trail head of Camelback Mountain for a great hike. The view from the top (or even 1/2 way to the top) is AMAZING. Go early and it can get crowded. It's a popular place. Don't forget the water!

Off the resort: try Scratch (about 5 minutes away) for lunch. Voted #1 for their dessert. I had the caramel cheesecake (in a glass) and it was the best thing EVER. The BBQ sandwich was also delicious. Drive to Sedona and take a Pink Jeep Tour. You have to book early because it is very popular year round. We paid for the extra seats so that we could have a private jeep. It was only around $100 more and that was worth it to have that extra room. 6 people would have been very packed inside.

Hope that helps. Everything about the trip was relaxing and enjoyable. Not one time did we feel like we wish something would have been different. They exceeded out expectations.

Room Tip: I prefer the 2nd floor in the suites just for the private balcony feeling and the view. You never h...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Ashley B
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that your stay was truly indicative of The Canyon Suites – showcasing the highest of service standards while creating personalized experiences that reach beyond expectation. Providing added privacy and enhanced amenities while also offering access to all of The Phoenician’s signature dining and recreational options – from Relish Burger Bistro to our 27-hole championship golf course – this AAA Five Diamond property is designed as a destination in and of itself. We hope to have the opportunity to create another memorable experience for you in the future.
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We chose to stay at the Canyon Suites rather than the main hotel and i am so glad that we did. The atmosphere was so much nicer -- none of the large crowds that we encountered when going to the main hotel. In fact, we were sure that we had the suites to ourselves and all the staff was there only for us -- even though the Canyon Suites were 90% occupied at the time. The BEST THING for all the property was the customer service -- from the restaurants, to the spa, to the golf course, the shuttle services via golf card and sedans -- everything. We did not encounter one person who was unpleasant or rude. Amazing. Back to the canyon suites -- I would hesitate to take young children here since most of the activities that children would love are centered around the main building BUT if you want to stay in a peaceful surrounding and be treated like royalty -- try the Canyon Suites. Price wise, it is comparable to other high end resorts, and the same great amenities as others BUT this one was OUTSTANDING in the personalized attention department. I hope to go back again. If I am lucky enough for this, we will get a cab to the resort (rather than a rental car) and never leave

Room Tip: If you have a family -- opt for the two bedroom suite-- nice living room to visit in, dining room ta...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Gram41
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We traveled to the Canyon Suites over Easter weekend. I wanted to stay at the Canyon Suites so that I would have all of the options and amenities that the Phoecian provides, but also have a place to get away from the madness of a megaresort, if I so chose. I enjoyed the surroundings of the Canyon pool, but thought that they could have done more than a mere oval swimming pool. I must say, though, that the Cabanas the nicest I'd ever seen. There are nice Vegas cabanas and ones in Beverly Hills that I've enjoyed, but I don't remember ever having a cabana with a built-in full bathroom (including shower). The service at the Canyon pool was excellent, too. Our room was very large and very nice. I have no complaints about it, but I would have preferred a more desert themed room over the modern style that we got. Very nice, regardless, though. I thought all of the staff at the Canyon Suites were very nice and went out of their way to help you and make you feel like an honored guest.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My family and I just returned from a week at the Canyon Suites at the Phoenician and this place is AMAZING!!! The setting is beautiful, the hotel is luxurious, the pools and cabanas are beautiful, the waterslide for the kids is perfect (yet discreet - no splashing into the main pools), the food and drinks were great, but what has made this the BEST hotel I have ever stayed at and sets this place apart from other five star hotels I have stayed at is the service. I am not talking most of the people, but everyone is fabulous! We were greeted after a long flight by Aleisha and she was professional yet so warm and welcoming. She had our two little boys giggling and got them cookies - they were thrilled! I could go on and on with examples of the exemplary level of service we experienced, but you should really pamper yourself and stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#20 of 75 in Scottsdale
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician? Share your experiences!