“Opulence is an Understatement”

The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 9 November 2013

A prime resort, beautiful golf course, several available attractions and activities in the area and a Spa that is amongst the best! Close in to the center of the property, or in a location a bit further away from all the activity, each suite perfectly prepared, punctuated with abundant quality and comfort. Staff are all Top Notch, from the Valet, to the Stewards to the House Keeping staff and the central office. I saw not ONE individual who was anything but proper and attentive to our needs. Rooms are comfortable, clean and refreshed a couple times per day it seems. This facility is indeed a Top Tier property. Highly Recommended~~~~~

Room Tip: All would surpass my needs, I stayed Canyon Side, a bit further away from the center building. Total...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SBruce J
PhoenicianManager, Front Office Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to provide the details of your recent stay. We are certainly proud of our Forbes Five Star AAA Five Diamond resort, staff, and amenities. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to hear about the service interactions you experienced. Our goal is to deliver the exceptional. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

There are newer reviews for The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician. We are seasoned travelers used to the perks of five star accommodations and we are not easily impressed. We expect pampering from any luxury hotel and we expected a lot from The Canyon Suites based upon its reputation. But, the staff at The Canyon Suites far exceeded our expectations. Each member of the staff was professional, helpful, knowledgeable, courteous, exceedingly well trained and prepared to do whatever was necessary to make our stay perfect. We enjoyed a huge one bedroom suite overlooking Camelback Mountain. The suite lacked for nothing and felt like a home away from home. Reservations Manager Tim Canosa greeted us with a gift of prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries upon our arrival to our lovely room. We enjoyed the treat on our enormous balcony in the late afternoon. Our ambassador Alex was especially attentive and arranged for us a picture perfect day of private horseback riding in the Sonoran Desert as well as tennis court time and dinner reservations. Ben and Marcel at the pool attended to us as if we were royalty. The pool is at a constant 84 degree temperature, which was just right for me. Quite frankly, every single person at the resort was extraordinary. The Canyon Suites is a great spot for couples looking for first class pampering and an opportunity to reconnect in a romantic setting. While there, hike up Camelback Mountain, golf and use the spa. You will have a great time.

Room Tip: The pool is quiet as The Canyon Suites caters mostly to adults. So, unlike some hotels where the po...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brian D
PhoenicianManager, Front Office Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and I appreciate the glowing remarks regarding our resort and the entire staff. Thank you for acknowledging Tim, Alex, Ben, and Marcel- their dedication to Five Star service will surely be recognized. The Canyon Suites strives to provide the comforts of home while delivering the exceptional- your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My boyfriend an I spent the past weekend at the Canyon Suites at the Phoenician. We had the best time ever! We both wish we were still there and did not want to come home. Everyone was SO NICE, Alex and Mike especially. They were both so helpful and genuinely nice people! Alex told us about great places to eat, and recommended fun things to do. We enjoyed everything and would definitely do it all over again.

The weather, at the end of October, was perfect! We sat outside at dinner until 10 or 11ish very comfortably.

We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren S
PhoenicianManager, Front Office Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. Our Ambassadors set the bar high when it comes to providing exceptional service. It makes us happy to hear that you were able to experience true hospitality, and I will be sure that the Ambassadors you mentioned are recognized. We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back!

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My husband, our four children, and I just spent five great days here. The service is beyond phenomenal. The people cater to your every desire. Fresh coffee & hot chocolate delivered every morning, fresh ice tea in the lobby all day, wine tasting & light appetizers in the evening, frozen grapes delivered poolside! The food poolside is fresh and delicious. The views from the rooms (we had two rooms) were breathtaking. I cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Shawn F
PhoenicianManager, Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

We are absolutely delighted to hear that your stay with us was phenomenal! We are committed to providing Five Star, Five Diamond personalized service, which makes for distinctive experiences such as your most recent visit to The Canyon Suites. We look forward to welcoming your family back to another memorable stay in the near future!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed as part of a work meeting. Room was nothing special, my television didnt work every morning I went to front desk to get fixed. Four days later checked out still no television. Service was never better then average. My first review ever on line, usually not worth my time or I chalk it up to a bad day but this was consistent bad service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Dean J
PhoenicianManager, Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your first online review, and share your comments about your recent stay. I assure you that your experience is not indicative of our Five-Star/Five Diamond service standards. As a boutique resort-within-a-resort, the property is designed to provide a more intimate, enhanced experience. Toward that end, we are committed to a service culture based on personalization and attention to detail. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns so that they may be addressed appropriately. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask for The Canyon Suites Director of Operations. In addition, I am pleased to share with you that our suites and guestrooms will be undergoing a complete redesign in 2014. I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that you will visit us again so that we may demonstrate our true Five-Star/Five Diamond service.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here in mid September at the end our our week long trip.

This certainly is a high-end smaller hotel and the staff are friendly and helpful for sure. We don't often ask for many things from hotel staff so I am holding off on 5 stars as for that it has to be really stellar!.

The room we got (poolside) was nice and huge- and although slightly dated it is still current. One thing was we did not really have a great view as there was a tree blocking most of our view- kind of odd-however that meant we had a lot of privacy on the balcony.

The private pool is quite big and relatively quiet when we were there..The server and pool boy there were great - had lunch by the pool once so that was so nice.

The restaurant on site was good - we ate at the Italian for dinner and breakfast and both were good. However I generally prefer leaving a hotel to explore and eat out so as to explore the town (we went to FnB and Olive+Ivy- both great!)

The fitness room was actually really well appointed .-however I could not log on to the WiFi there which was a pain -when I called someone they routed me to the IT desk---which is a drag in a big resort- in smaller place I find when there is an issue it gets fixed qucker.

Also the WiFi in the room was kind of weak - so that needs to be improved.

All minor issue- really a nice hotel, with very nice staff - but still feels a little impersonal due to the fact that it is on a huge resort (which is quite nice I thought)

Would recommend for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmscal

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback on your recent stay! The Canyon Suites strives to provide a more private and exclusive service level to our guests which I hope you enjoyed. I’m so glad you were able to take advantage of the poolside services as well as Phoenician Resort amenities. Thank you for bringing your wireless internet connection challenges to our attention so we may address them immediately. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another week in the near future!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed only 2 nights at the Canyons but will be back. We stayed in a lovely one bedroom suite. The service from the time you pull up your car, to check in and everyone you run into in between is fantastic. Amanda checked us in and personally walked us up to our room to explain the features and benefits of the hotel. Everyone at the hotel knows your name is always asking how they can help to make your stay more pleasurable. Loved the fact our room had a printer, high quality sound equipment and a lovely balcony. The brunch they serve in the Itailian restaurant on Sunday in the main hotel (we had the 3 course brunch) is wonderful.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the main hotel...spend extra at the Canyons and get a suite!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PhoenicianManager, Front Office Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

We are pleased to hear you “love, love, loved” your recent stay at the Canyon Suites! We are committed to providing Five Star Five Diamond personalized service, which makes for distinctive experiences such as the Sunday brunch at Il Terrazzo which you were able to enjoy. Our dedicated team of Canyon Ambassadors strive to ensure that every guest feels right at home, providing an unparalleled experience that reaches beyond expectation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#21 of 75 in Scottsdale
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician? Share your experiences!