The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Motel 6 Scottsdale(Scottsdale)
  • Pool
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain(Paradise Valley)
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)
View Hotel
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)
View Hotel
All reviewscamelback mountainthe main hotelgolf courseprivate poolthirsty camelhalf bathcoffee servicemoment you arrivejg steakhouseone bedroom suitepool attendantil terrazzogolf cart rideturn down serviceeach morninglarge balconyspecial shout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband, myself and my sister in law spent Christmas at the Canyon Suites. That was the first time we had been there. We will be going back. We had a wonderful experience. The service was impeccable. I would like to recognize a few of the wonderful employees, Alex Bowers, Mr.Richard Doller, Mr. Jordan Collier, Miss Amanda Estock, AND mS.Danae Hunt. You could tell that they loved their job. The only thing that we did not enjoy was the Christmas dinner at Il Terrazo"s. When I made the reservation before we got there they advertised turkey with cornbread and sausage dressing. We were all looking forward to that. When we sat down to eat, they had on the menu turkey with oyster dressing, and none of us wanted that. My sister in law ordered that because she wanted the turkey. When she was served that it was all dark meat and looked like it was pressed turkey. My husband and I ordered two0 other entrees and they were just okay and not great. We said of all the meals that was the worst meal we had. Other than that it was a 5 star.

DdANAE hUNT. yOU COULD TELL THAT THEY LOVED THEIR JOB. tHE ONLY THING THAT WE WERE DISSAPOINTED WITH WAS THE Christmas DINNER AT iL tERRAZIO

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank martha e
PhoenicianManager, Front Office Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words and for recognizing our wonderful Canyon Ambassadors! I will certainly be sure they are each acknowledged for their dedication to service. Please know that your feedback for Il Terrazzo has been heard and will be communicated to the appropriate team members. We are pleased to hear about your recent experience with us during the holiday season and look forward to your return to our jewel in the desert!

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was amazing. There was various activities for adults and the kids. Some of the activities to choose from were 12 tennis courts, ping pong (table tennis), pool table, foos ball, basketball court, many of pools for kids and adults, a playground, an amazing golf course, and a sand box.

If you are a beginner in tennis they have great tennis instructors. They also have rentals if you don't feel like holding a racket on your plain ride.

I highly recommend this amazing hotel. If i visit Scottsdale again I will definitely come to this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank dantec15
PhoenicianManager, Front Office Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We are thrilled you and your family had an amazing vacation at The Canyon Suites! It is always exciting to hear about all the activities and amenities our guests get to enjoy while they are with us- our tennis facility and staff is truly remarkable. Thank you again for taking the time to leave such valuable feeback. We certainly hope you bring the entire family back again in the near future!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have been visiting scottsdale for the past 4 years and have stayed at just about every luxury hotel and have always checked out less than impressed. I actually checked in to the Phoenician hotel, not the canyon suites, about 1 year ago and upon getting to my room I immediately checked out due to the age and quality of the room. This was NOT the case with the Canyon Suites. Upon checking in, we were greeting by very friendly bellman who actually introduced themselves and shook our hands. The man who checked us in was very efficient and friendly. Our suite was beautiful, up to date, with a nice living room, balcony, view of the golf course and a most comfortable bed. The staff was great and the hot apple cider and cookies at night were a nice surprise. The location is also perfect as it's close to shopping and great dining. From here on, I will only stay at the Canyon Suites. Thank you Starwood for a true luxury hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1995sb21
PhoenicianManager, Front Office Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback! We are honored to have exceeded your expectations while building your loyalty to Starwood Luxury Collection. We strive to deliver Five Star Five Diamond service to each and every guest. I am so glad you enjoyed our amenities and hope you will return in the near future for another unforgettable experience!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Spent 5 nights over the Thanksgiving and could have not had a better time. One of the finest resorts in America. The staff and service are as friendly and welcoming. Try the Thirsty Camel in the main lobby for live entertainment and cocktails !!!!

Room Tip: Try for a suite on the outside second floor overlooking the golf course. Very quiet and what a view. Dont forget to hit the wine tasting held each evening.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craig c

We are honored to hear that you consider The Canyon Suites one of the finest hotels in America. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review about your experience. Our Ambassadors certainly set the bar high when it comes to providing exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Canyon Suites during Thanksgiving Week. It was my second stay there and did not disappoint. The service was FLAWLESS, the suite was large and well appointed - they are updating all of the rooms in 2014 and I look forward to seeing the changes in my annual trip next year. The view of Camelback from my balcony was gorgeous. I really enjoy the Hour of Joy - a "Happy Hour" where they have the Sommelier come out from 4-5ish in the lobby and feature 3 different wines along with small bites. They will deliver silver coffee service to your room each morning at a requested time -- I just walked to the lobby each AM and served myself since I was on vacation and had no idea what time I would wake up each morning! The J&G Steakhouse was fantastic. And I highly recommend the La Cholla trail hike up Camelback. The resort will provide you with a hiking pack and drive you to the trail head in the house car - very helpful given there is zero parking there. Honestly, everyone I encountered who worked at the resort was beyond accomodating, a tough feat to accomplish in a place so large. They are deserving of their 5 diamonds and stars!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms facing Camelback mountain have a really nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Heather Y

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback as we constantly strive to provide Five-Star/Five Diamond service at every turn. Your comments attest to our commitment to creating an unparalleled experience. We look forward to having you as our guest again!