“Bargain in Scottsdale”

Ranked #41 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Cary, North Carolina
“Bargain in Scottsdale”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed at Talking Stick for the second time vacationing in Scottsdale. A real bargain....food is always good, breakfast and sushi for example, at reasonable prices. Hotel is close to all golf courses, restaurants, and attractions. Staff is friendly, housekeeping and room accommodations are excellent. Even the concierge was able to find an emergency dentist for my wife on a Saturday night.
A comfortable place to return to after a round of golf in Scottsdale.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Calexico, CA
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the resort for a weekend and attended a show at the showroom, with family members. The hotel has many nice amenities including good restaurants and buffet along with pools and a golf course and nightclub and spa.
The rooms were nicely done in a clean modern style with good blackout shutters. The bathrooms were really quite nice with rainfall showers.
The resort attracts many visitors and locals alike. The casino was very busy in the evenings and definitely smelled of smoke for those who are sensitive. The pools were very nice but in the daytime on weekends is turned into pool party/club with very loud music, which might not appeal to all guests.
Overall it's a nice Vegas style casino resort, which is away from, but not too far from Scottsdale.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in a 2 Bay Suite and were impressed with the room and services we had. The suite was beautiful and the balcony was huge. We were on the 2nd floor facing the main pool and if I were to do it again that would be a must. We were there for the Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers concert and enjoyed the evening from our balcony with friends - plenty of room. One morning we lounged and ordered breakfast via room service. We both thought the prices were reasonable and the breakfast was delicious. We also booked a cabana for the day (not on a Saturday or Sunday as I understand it's a big party on the weekends). The cabana and service was great - would do that again as well.

When planning our next staycation this will join our list of options as we were really impressed with the hotel and services we took advantage of.

Room Tip: 2 Bay Suite, main pool side, 2nd floor is a great location. I would avoid 1st floor as they had 0 p...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great rooms, great location, excellent staff, especially Catherine, the Front Office Manager. The Orange Sky Restaurant on the top floor has breathtaking views and excellent food. The dance lounge is also very spacious and a fun place to go and unwind. The pool is ok...wish it was a little bigger with more trees/shade.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side towards the North end are quieter and have an incredible view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carolina24_13
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with great rooms, good food at the restaurants, great golf courses and plenty to do at the casino or other parts of the hotel. The main reason for the review is a warning, DO NOT stay at this place on Sat or Sun during the summer. They have "Release Pool Parties" which are basically 21 year old drunk fests. Now if this is what you are looking for then do stay here as it will be a lot of fun for you. Unfortunately for us the 4000+, yes I do mean 4000+ people they expected and hosted for this party was a little too much. These parties are not only for hotel guests but anyone from the surrounding areas who want to come and spend the day by the pool. It's a neat setup with a stage, DJ's, loud music which can be fun, and about 6 bars set up around the pool area. Don't get me wrong, it could be a ton of fun if you enjoy that sort of thing. The downside really happens after the party 11am-6pm is over and the young drunk kids then head into the casino still in bathing suits and bikinis drunk out of their mind, running around the halls, screaming, bringing in cases of beer from their cars. It appeared that many booked rooms and stayed the night. Again, and the final word, it's perfect if you know what you are getting into. Just do not plan for a nice weekend day in the sun poolside or a normal setting inside the hotel or casino. It's unfortunately as this is a very nice place! Restaurants have very good food, valet parking is convenient. Bottom line, just do your research on the party before you go and know what to expect. In terms of room, book the Executive king rooms!!! I cannot stress it enough, they are at the ends of the building, nice and quiet, have huge balconies, and a wall of floor to ceiling windows with two sliding doors that open all the way so it is like your room flows out onto the balcony. Request a northern side and you have great views of the golf course.

Room Tip: Executive King Room with huge balconies!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank arzkats
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Be careful if you book the Romance package. I booked the romance package as a gift for my wife and our 10 year anniversary. The website will give you a rate that is only comprised of the hotel room. When doing our checkout the spa was charged separately even though we told them it was all part of the package. We ended up having to pay an extra $300 USD for the spa treatments that were supposed to be included in the rate.

Unfortunately this has put a very sour note on an otherwise perfect getaway with my wife.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nayeli P
Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Beautiful hotel, beautiful grounds & golf course. Restaurants are good. Pools are soo nice but BE AWARE, the main pools hold a pool party every sat. & sun from April to September for 21 and older. Wall to wall college age, $6.50 for domestic beer, full bar & food at pool, large portions, good for sharing. We had rented a cabana for our last full day but when we got to the pool we were told that the pool was closed because they were shooting a video for advertising. No one had let us no in advance, even though I booked it a month before we got there, we were not happy. Talk to the pool manager Adam (I believe ) and he was very nice and he made it right! He only charged us half the original price of the cabana and gave us a round of drinks. In fact all of the employees were very nice...... Except one, her name was Lanay ( not sure of the spelling) she works in the gift shop. I had been in there two times before , no hello, no how can I help u, no thank you, she never spoke except to tell me my total. On my third trip I tried to engage her by asking her if she was having a bad day, no answer, that was enough for me. I told her if she didn't like her job, she should get one where she wouldn't have to be so rude to customers. Her response was " don't tell me what to do, who do u think u r" I responded with "I'm the who makes your paycheck possible, and I'm the one who writes the reviews". There were some nice things in there I was planning on buying, but didn't. The resort has Lanay to thank for that!
Casino is a little small, hard to get a machine sometimes, but I read several reviews about it being extremely smoky, I didn't find that to be true, infact I learned they have a state of the art filtration system by asking what the round metal things were on the floor and was told it was purified air blowing the smoke up and into the filters in the ceiling. You can not purchase any alcohol at the resort at all except from the servers. If you want to have alcohol in your room you should stop at a store (off the reservation ) before you get there or take a cab for $15 to the Albertsons close by and stock up. We had booked the club tower room, so worth it , free breakfast every morning , the draw back is they served quiche every morning, it would be nice if they would switch it up a little, love quiche, but 5 straight days of it :( free mimosas, the appetizers in the afternoon are more like a meal, lots to eat!! Eddie was amazing, she made u feel right at home, great customer service!!
Overall, it was a great trip, will absolutely be back!!

Room Tip: Halls are long, request one closest to elevators
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends