“best mussels in town”

Petite Maison
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
phx, az
“best mussels in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I are fans of Petite Maison, The mussels are the best in the west. I try mussels wherever I go and these are the best.. The broth is fabulous and the mussels,sweet and tender. Anything done with Duck is wonderful. We are blessed to have such a wonderful bistro in Scottsdale, saves me a trip to Paris.

• Visited March 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very good, quaint French restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I went there with three business colleagues. All of us really enjoyed the food and had a great time here.

I had the mussels in curry broth and the cassoulet with duck confit. The mussels were cooked perfectly and the broth was really, really flavorful. The chickpeas in the cassoulet could have used a little more flavor, but the duck confit was great. What really made the dish the citrusy gremolata on top of the duck confit.

Our waiter did a very good job. And, the manage stopped by our table and was super friendly.

The restaurant is very small. When they aren't able to use the outdoor seating it is really tiny. It was a beautiful night while we were there so all of the doors were open. We were technically inside but right next to a set of big double doors. The outside seating is secluded from the street by a nice fence. It was simple but very well done.

• Visited March 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is my new favorite restaurant in Scottsdale. Went here for lunch with some friends and I must say, the food was nothing short of wonderful. The bone marrow is to die for. The four of us normally give each other tastes of food from our plates but no one wanted to share anything - we wanted all of our food for ourselves! Everything was fresh and vibrant. I cannot think of one negative thing to say except that I am sorry we did not discover this wonderful restaurant sooner. Service was great. This is a small, intimate restaurant and I would suggest making reservations in the evening.

Visited February 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Dropped in for lunch...just off Scottsdale rd but tucked away. Quaint little patio and a menu where you want to try everything even the cocktails sounded divine. Will go back for dinner and I am certain this will become our new favorite place!

Visited February 2014
Albuquerque
“Cute, but...Where's the lobster?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Started with the lobster soufflé....It was pretty, however, it didn't have even the most REMOTE hint or flavor of lobster. It was pretty, though. Too bad we weren't interested in "pretty." The rabbit tagine was very flavorful, but the breast was so dry it was DIFFICULT to swallow. The leg section was better, but also quite dry. The bouillabaisse broth had great flavor - but $33 for two mussels, two clams, two medium scallops and the heads (no tails!) of two langostinos and a large piece of bread slathered in goop was a bit pretentious. No...it was REALLY pretentious. Boillabaisse is fish stew. Put some FISH in it...or at the very least - some SEAFOOD. C'mon, get over yourselves. I asked where the langostinos were, and was told "they're in the sauce." Nope. Sorry. Unless they were mashed? I may be old but I'm not blind. It is a cute place, with a sweet staff and great breadsticks. I appreciated their candor in posting their beverage prices - so there were no surprises. The food is indeed quite flavorful, but sorely lacking in the finer details....

• Visited February 2014