“A pleasant little house in Downtown Scottsdale”
Review of Petite Maison - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Reviewed 19 May 2014

La Petite Maison is perfectly located just outside the trendy part of East Downtown Scottsdale. The patio is private and gives a feeling of a garden. The staff is very friendly and professional. We visited this place during the yearly Scottsdale Restaurant week when they serve a 3 course menu for $40 and the food was worth every penny. BUT the pairing wine (at $15/person) was a joke: the glasses contained approximately 2 oz of wine (very pleasant though!): not enough to barely taste it! Restaurant owners don't seem to understand that that week is a marketing event to promote their business and not to make easy bucks! In any rate, we'll be back!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Welcome to a cozy and romantic bistro located in old Town Scottsdale.

Now, I have to admit that the seafood plate at $60 and the lamb priced at $32 is pretty steep for me. I am not a big eater anyhow, and much prefer tapas to nosh on. Thankfully, this little place offers an exceptional Happy Hour!

Petite Masion offers spectacular dishes and drinks from 3-6 Tuesday through Sunday. Than means FRIDAY AND SATURDAY!! No kidding!

This High-Class place has stunning appetizers and spectacular cocktails, beer and .... wait for it: wine. at half off!! amazing, right?

Oysters on the half-shell are $1 a piece. It's worth it - just for the divine way they present it with their special vinaigrette and sauce. The presentation is fantastic.

The duck comfit rolls are super unique and a classy size to pick up and gesture around with while having engaging conversation. (Does that make sense? Guess you have to try it out yourself.) Did I mention their superb wines by the glass were 50% off ?! They have a beautiful selection of reds and whites. (Pictured: Arrowhead Red).

Muscles are done different ways, sometimes classic, but ask your server and maybe, possibly they may make to your liking. There is also a Pate of the day: last week I had the Country Pork. (The tiny gherkins were a nice touch).

Basically, if you are looking to REALLY impress your date, THIS IS THE PLACE. It is super ROMANTIC. But also perfect for a business meet-up. I mentioned it was classy, right?

Reviewed 21 April 2014

While the food is very good at this charming restaurant, the service is even better. No complaints here about anything. The one disappointment is that no bread is served nor even avaialble if requested. Any and all restaurants in France offer bread, usually for an additional fee. That could be acceptable at Petite Maison too and make it more authentic.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I are fans of Petite Maison, The mussels are the best in the west. I try mussels wherever I go and these are the best.. The broth is fabulous and the mussels,sweet and tender. Anything done with Duck is wonderful. We are blessed to have such a wonderful bistro in Scottsdale, saves me a trip to Paris.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I went there with three business colleagues. All of us really enjoyed the food and had a great time here.

I had the mussels in curry broth and the cassoulet with duck confit. The mussels were cooked perfectly and the broth was really, really flavorful. The chickpeas in the cassoulet could have used a little more flavor, but the duck confit was great. What really made the dish the citrusy gremolata on top of the duck confit.

Our waiter did a very good job. And, the manage stopped by our table and was super friendly.

The restaurant is very small. When they aren't able to use the outdoor seating it is really tiny. It was a beautiful night while we were there so all of the doors were open. We were technically inside but right next to a set of big double doors. The outside seating is secluded from the street by a nice fence. It was simple but very well done.