“One Bacon Fat Popcorn and Chopped Salad to Go Please!”

Citizen Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Citizen Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,284 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Craftsman Ct. & 5th Avenue
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am from Dallas and if you have ever been to Dallas, you know we have two main attractions, shopping and eating; so we can be kind of food snobs.

Citizen Public House did not disappoint. Our waiter was always on point and we loved the atmosphere. Everything we ordered was delicious from the scallops to the short ribs.

I absolutely fell in love with two items- their chopped salad (a must have) and the bacon fat popcorn. I have no idea what they offered as far as dessert- I had another serving of the bacon fat popcorn, lol.

I loved both items so much, I ordered one of each to go and had them on the plane home to Dallas the following day.

If you're in Scottsdale definitely make a reservation at Citizen's.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went here for dinner on a Friday night. The place was full of people that were clearly enjoying themselves. The menu looked promising with some eclectic fusion dishes. We opted for the restaurant week menu which was good value for money.

Salad started was delicious, smoked salmon added a nice bite to it.
Meatloaf entree was tasty but not overwhelmingly delicious.
Can't remember what the dessert was so clearly it was nothing notable.

Definitely recommend it for a nice night out on the town but don't expect your mind to be blown.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great food, great atmosphere with an ecclectic menu! Love the drinks and you got to try the short ribs! We were in scottsdale for several days and we ate there twice because we enjoyed it so much!
Th service was good, we sat outside, which before it gets to hot, I would highly recommend. The noise level inside can get loud if you are trying to enjoy a quiet conversation.
Get the Sangria, great taste and presentation and look for the ribs, escolar or meatloaf on the menu. You can't go wrong!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a great experience at Citizen Public House. First of all our waiter was truly amazing. So nice, attentive and personable. I think his name was AJ?? The appetizer, drinks, meal and dessert were all excellent. We loved the atmosphere and had a great time. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'm embarrassed to say, this was on my list for 2 years to go to. I suppose the only reason for the delay is that there are just so many awesome restaurants to experience and for some reason Citizen's just keep being on my To Do List and wasn't crossed off. My bad. I went to their sister restaurant first, The Gladly, which is much newer - but I'll talk about that in another blog.

From the moment I walked into the door, a host immediately walked out from behind his podium and quickly strode to practically meet me at the sidewalk on my way in. He was in a fantastic mood and had the best attitude, all the while very warmly greeting me & introducing himself.

The same charismatic attitude was displayed by the second host: he appeared to love his job and the people he greeted upon entering. Their outstanding charisma was exceptional.

I was graciously seated at the bar, as per my request. The bartender was quickly attentive and he enthusiastically welcomed me and brought water. He then went onto to ask if it was my first time, (it was), and proceeded to explain the concept and history of Citizen House.

Mostly what stuck in my mind is when he proclaimed: "We offer Happy Hour - every day - from 3-6" "Whoho!", says I.

Their Happy Hour includes HALF OFF WINE! (my toes did a dance at this bit of info). My premo pick of the night: the silky smooth, very full bodied Franciscan Cabernet Sauvingnon, from Napa. I think it was the most $$$ on the list, but at half off it was a suburb deal: $7.50!! If you desire a nice, crisp, dry white, (summer and triple digits are about here - this is just the ticket), try the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, with fresh pear, lemon and I believe apple notes.

The cute little cheese fondue was TO DIE FOR! Mmmmmmmmm. Complete with PEARS and SAUSAGE. (My daughter didn't stop smiling at her feast for 2 hours). So bad, but ooo so good. Worth the indulgence. I also had the humus. I think the HH Menu changes often, so you need to check their website ahead of time for their new offerings.

Ok, now my tummy is rumbling and I'm craving pears. See you soon Citizens!