“Poor atmosphere, but good food”

Citizen Public House
Ranked #36 of 1,345 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Craftsman Ct. & 5th Avenue
Reviewed 6 October 2015

I chose this restaurant based upon other reviews. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but I just wasn't impressed with the atmosphere. We went for happy hour. They did have some drink specials, but only wine, beer and some aged, very strong barrel drinks. The appetizers we tried were delicious- the cubano sandwich, the short rib tacos and the pork belly pastrami. I wouldn't go back because there are so many other great choices in this area.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

I was all prepared to get their chicken dinner, however, as I was waiting for a table I kept seeing the Chopped Salad, so I decided to get it. While it is an appetizer, it was the perfect size when you are just a little hungry. It was seemingly an odd mixture of ingredients; roasted corn, couscous, smoked salmon and a couple other items with a garlic dressing. It was superb. My colleague got the BUTTERMILK CHICKEN, which is roasted Smart Chicken breast, fingerling potato confit, Chinese long beans, chimichurri. It was an enormous piece of chicken and I was told it was good. However, next time I come, I will get the salad again and if I'm still hungry try a dessert. The place, though, is so noisy. We ate outside on the patio which allowed conversation at normal voice.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We heard rave reviews about Citizen's Public House restaurant located in the 5th Ave shopping district of Scottsdale, and weren't disappointed! This would have been a 5 star rating if it hadn't been for the noisy atmosphere. We arrived on a Tuesday night and the place was bustling. Service was top-notch (Our server was Sam). Food was delivered promptly and was delicious. They offer an eclectic assortment of dishes from an upscale version of comfort foods (meatloaf and fried chicken) to melt-in-your-mouth scallops. The chopped salad is outstanding and a very unusual creation including smoked salmon, arugula, dried cranberries, pepitas, and Israeli couscous with a fresh basil buttermilk dressing. Overall experience was really great.

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Anyone that says this place is below a 4 is crazy. Below a 5 is pushing it. This place is great. Stellar. Staff is great. Food is amazing. The chicken fried duck leg is to die for. I can not stop thinking about it. U need to try this.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

The atmosphere is nice and the service was fast. Great food! I will return for happy hour from 3-6 pm. Great appetizers and drink specials.