“Great atmosphere and food!”
Review of Local Bistro + Bar

Local Bistro + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Bistro + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 1,260 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thompson Peak
Scottsdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and food!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I have eaten at Local bistro many times, and each time it has been a hit. The restaurant is loud, so if you're looking for a quiet place this is not for you. We like the vibe and buzz of the restaurant, so the noise is not a big deal. The drunken bread is sinful and a must try. The tuna tartar is very good, and each entree we've had is delightful. The first time we dined we were given a complimentary dessert and certainly appreciated that touch. My husband and I have only gone to LB on date nights, I don't really see it as a family friendly restaurant (mayby for lunch it is).

• Visited July 2014

Sedona, Arizona
“The Worst Service imagineable”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was visiting my parents in Scottsdale over the weekend and my father made reservations at the Local Bistro for dinner. Both my parents are older and my Mom, in particular, has difficulty hearing in crowded rooms so when my father called to make the reservation he specifically asked that we would like to be seated outside since the restaurant is loud and it is difficult to hear one another in the crowded, noisy dining room. He talked to the manager when he made the reservation and was assured that everything would be fine. When we got to the restaurant, we were informed by the hostess that they did not take reservations for the patio. She quickly called the "manager". The restaurant was crowded and horrifically noisy. The manager came over, mentioned that he did remember talking to my father but denied ever having said the we could sit on the patio. We were informed that the patio is first come/first serve. Instead of apologizing or trying to figure out a way to seat us on the patio the manager very rudely said that the conversation never happened and basically we were out of luck, We left. I happen to be in the restaurant business and I was pretty shocked at the abrupt, brusque and rude way my parents were treated. Needless to say, we will never go there again. I should not have to remind you that when people are so shabbily treated they tend to tell all of their friends, their children and their families.
I can only say to you that you should enjoy the crowds right now, but every dog has their day. I have every confidence that the rude behavior, snotty attitude and failure to try to observe the most basic rules of customer service will catch up to your establishment. It is not like you are the only restaurant in Scottsdale, or even in your shopping center for that matter.

• Visited August 2014
Arizona
“Lively & great food!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My sixth time to dine at Local Bistro was just as good as the first. Love, love the Basil Lime Vodka Gimlet! I would go there just for that - so fresh. Loved the caprese because the tomatoes, in any LB dish, are super tasty - not just something red on your plate. Pizza is great & risotto dishes are too. I split the seafood linguine dish on this visit & we both enjoyed it (rich sauce that would be too much if a whole serving was eaten). It was crowded as usual & loud - an atmosphere I enjoy when dining w/friends. Quick service, attentive waiter & manager came by to check on our table. I recommend reservations because they seem to always be busy.

1 Thank LuckyHockey
Phoenix, Arizona
“Pasty Pasta is a Crime, Salt on theWound”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We landed here last night after driving around looking N. Scottsdale looking for a bite to eat. It was around 7:30 to 8:00 PM and advised we could be seated on the patio or wait a few minutes. There was no room at the bar so we agreed to sit to try the patio. As soon as we were seated, we thought it was raining. Instead, it was a leaky drip system. Both my wife and I decided this was too much and the hostess agreed to move us to another two top. Unfortunately, all of the two tops are on the parking lot sidewalk and every time a car pulls in to park, the diner has tot up with the headlights, smells and noise of the cars, as well as the faulty drip. DO NOT SIT AT THE TWO TOPS!
My wife and I went back in and decided room to wait for a table and in a few minutes we were seated
in the main dining room. The room was extremely loud and dark, We had a hard time hearing our server and even now, I could not tell you what they were. She did mention all the pasta was made in house and when I asked about the Papardelle Bolognese, she said it was a house favorite, She took our wine and food order and returned shortly with a small bread boule. It was so hard on the outside, the serrated edge knife could not make a dent. It was so hard that if I threw it at someone, I could be charged with manslaughter was in the back of my head. After a few more minutes, she returned with our food. My wife's Salmon with Roast Fingerling Potatoes and Vegetables looked perfectly prepared and she began to dig in right away. A huge smile broke across her face and I knew she had a winner. She said too many restaurants want to cover salmon with a sauce and this piece was perfectly seasoned and grilled. She said the potatoes and vegetables were wonderful, also. Jealous of how good her tasted, I feasted my eyes upon my bowl of steaming pasta. The first bite was mostly sauce which was a perfect blend of meat and tomatoes but something was not right. The tooth of the pasta was totally wrong and it wasn't due to al dente. The Papardelle was a three inch wide ribbon but it was not rolled out to the correct thickness and the width is much wider than I have ever had and certainly not the width you would find in Italy. Worse yet, it was a bland lump of pasta with no flavor what-so-ever. It was inedible. so I set it aside. When our server came back, she asked if there was a problem, I told he it was the worst made pasta,I have ever had. As I am Italian American, I have made home made pasta many times as well as pasta made by others and my disappointment was beyond reproach. She knew something had to be done and brought over the General Manager. He approached and I repeated the awful news. He first, offered to make it again and having gone through such disappointment. I told him, no way but asked for the menu. My replacement order was a simple cheeseburger and fries, medium rare plus. Within a few minutes, the burger appeared and I cut it half to check the dourness. With a flashlight, I determined, it was cooked perfectly to temperature abd then took my first bite. The grill marks were exquisite and the bite perfect......until I hit a couple of spots that had so much salt and seasoning, I had to cut it off. My French Fries were again perfectly cooked but were also over-seasoned in salt. I put them in my napkin to take the extra salt off of them and dipped in ketchup to help. It worked and I ate hungrily because my wife had finished a few minutes earlier. She tasted some of my dinner and agreed it had been over-seasoned. As soon as it was done, the waitress asked if we wanted desert but we declined and asked for our check. We paid the bill and left as quickly as we could leave.

• Visited August 2014
Denver, Colorado, United States
“This was our "go to" place to eat”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Every couple of years my wife and I travel to Scottsdale in July for our anniversary. Lots of people think we are crazy but we love the great deals this time of year. Typically we find four or five great restaurants around town and try them all. On our last trip we arrived late and the Four Seasons concierge recommended Local Bistro as close, open and excellent. They were right on all three. Of the six nights we were there, we ate at the Local Bistro 5 times. So much so that one of the managers, Mick, got to know us and welcomed us like locals. The restaurant has a comfortable vibe with a set menu and then daily specials on the chalkboard. I can honestly say that we did not have one even average meal. Everything we tried was amazing. Don't miss the trio dip, the mushroom risotto or the spicy spaghetti (it has a fancy Italian name that I can't remember) or the pana cotta. I am a pana cotta lover and very rarely see it on an American menu (I discovered it in Italy a few years ago). So to summarize, awesome food, top notch service and a great setting make Local Bistro my favorite restaurant in Scottsdale (and if the rumors are true, please open a bistro in the Denver area, I will eat there every day...I promise).

Visited July 2014