“Pasta Primo - A Good Surprise!”
Review of Pasta Primo Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Pasta Primo Italian Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale and Frank Lloyd Wright
Description: Pasta Primo Italian Bistro was established in 2008 after the departure of Pasta Pomodoro from the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Located in the Scottsdale Promenade, Pasta Primo delivers casual Italian dining with traditional recipes, fresh ingredients, and a friendly and attentive staff. Family owned and operated, we offer that unique dining experience you remember from back in the day.
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stumbled on this for lunch and was impressed. Nice lunch menu and nicely priced. Ate every drop of my tortellini soup and saved the included large side salad for later. Would gladly
return to the side patio for a quick lunch again.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Quaint little restaurant with good pasta dishes. Have had the lunch specials more than once, mid-priced. Service was solid, short waits for meal.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

A colleague and I went here for lunch. This used to be the old Pasta Pomodoro but I don’t know if they were related. The complimentary bread was OK but the pesto sauce that came with it was tasty. I had the fettuccine alfredo from the lunch menu and my cow-orker had the verdure. We enjoyed both our dishes. The alfredo sauce was prepared well, no bitter aftertaste. Service was good and we didn’t have to wait. The restaurant is nice physically, in an upscale mall. No coupons or offers, my friend checked in on foursquare to see. So 4 dots, we would go back but it didn’t knock our socks off but more authentic than Maggiano's, which is in the same center.

Reviewed 7 May 2011

This little Bistro has it all. A patio made cozy with drop down privacy curtains, a dining area with or without TV. The owners are hands on in this business starting with warmly greeting the client, overseeing food preparation, service, selection and thanking the client upon departure for sharing their dining experience.

The menu is extensive and reasonably priced. They also offer a value 3 course dinner for $19.99 that includes a glass of wine. We ordered one of those and an item from the regular menu. The food was outstanding, freshly prepared and the quantities were generous. In these tough economic times many restaurants are cutting back on quality and quantity but not Pasta Primo. This was a purely enjoyable experience from start to finish.

I am looking forward to my next dining experience there and becoming a regular.

3  Thank Lee1020