“Soup is the best”

Cuisines: American
Phoenix, Arizona
“Soup is the best”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Now that I have tried both soup and sandwich, I would say go for the soup. I had the chicken penne soup and it was great fora large serving at $5.50 and it came with two slices of their homemade bread. Today, I tried a $7.99 sandwich, but I think lady at counter gave me wrong version of chicken salad. They have chunky and normal. The normal, which I did not order, was pretty normal, like any old chicken salad. Of course, the olive bread was the best part. It came with chips and salsa too and was a pretty big sandwich. I would go back for more soup. They offer 8 homemade soups per day.

• Visited November 2013

Cave Creek, Arizona
“We had a great breakfast”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We went there on a Groupon, otherwise we wouldn't have even known it existed. It's tucked away in a corner of a strip mall. We got there around 9 and it was empty. My husband and I both had make your own omelets. Mine was sausage and cheddar cheese and his was bacon and cheddar. Both came with red potatoes and a choice of bread.

We both thought our meals were great. The omelets were cooked perfectly and filled with good stuff. Both our bread choices were outstanding. And the potatoes were a better option than the standard home fries.

It's not much for ambiance, but for a satisfying meal, it's a really good option.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SalfromIL
Phoenix, Arizona
“A bit pricy”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The food was good & tasted down home good, but a bit pricy

Visited November 2011
Maryland
“Slipping”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

When we went to the AZ bread company 2 years ago, we really enjoyed it. Terrific soup, tasty sandwiches, and great service. On this trip, only the service was the same.

The soups were passable, but the rest of the food was way below contemporary standards. Neither of us enjoyed the food, the floor needed a good cleaning. With so many other choices in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area, we won't be going back to AZ Bread again.

• Visited April 2011