“Excellent course despite the extreme heat!”

Gainey Ranch Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf Club offering three nine-hole courses that are played in three eighteen-hole combinations: The Lakes, The Arroyo and The Dunes.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Summer in Scottsdale...not the best time of year to golf, but if you can get out early enough it is a tremendous value. Gainey Ranch was in surprisingly good condition considering most courses close during this time of year. There are three nines, so we didn't experience the Dunes course, but the other two were spectacular layouts. Greens could have been better, but I expect when the weather cools off the course will be absolutely stunning. I ranked it only Very Good for that reason. If we get out there after the summer I have no doubt it will be worth the Excellent ranking!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Staff is great. Summer rates are great. My course at home in Austin TX is far nicer. Not dessert course feel, like the TPC and fairways were a little ruff. Greens in nice shape

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We played The Dunes and Arroyo back to back days while visiting Scottsdale last week and found it to be in great condition for July... While talking to some folks at the course, You can try to grow grass in AZ, but it's just not easy. We were there during monsoon season, so there was a little water on the low lying areas. The staff was awesome. They let us leave our clubs overnight since we were golfing back-to-back days. Had two great lunches at the club house. Jason makes a good bloody mary. I'll be back... the 9th hole on Arroyo didn't like me that much so I want my revenge.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We enjoy playing Gainey Ranch through the ClubCorp Signature Gold program. The course was in great shape and the staff is terrific as always.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I played this course when I was visiting Scottsdale last week and found it to be in prisitine condition. The staff treated us like royalty and the entire experience was outstanding.