“Great location and friendly service.”

HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Great location and friendly service.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Nicely located within walking distance to Scottsdale Old town and Fashion Square Mall. The suites are huge (I was given a comfort suite complete with conference table and white-board!)and have a full kitchen. Very clean and well maintained. Only minor gripe, is that the suite I had was a bit on the dark side. But then again in the height of Summer that might be a blessing. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Suite 23 is above the main reception so easy to get to. It is huge but a little on the dark side due...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CP_H_UK
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Rented a trio room for myself and my two teenagers. Trio room has two bedrooms, one with a king bed (my room!!) and the other has two queen beds. Both bedrooms have there own bathrooms. There is a full kitchen, dining area and a living room. Both bedrooms and the living room have televisions. The property is extremely well manicured, the staff is friendly, ample parking and the location is ideal. The hotel rate includes a full breakfast. Eggs, bacon or ham, omelettes made while you wait, potatoes, toast, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, juices, cereal, milk, coffee, tea. There is lounge/bar that opens at 5pm and you can order off the menu if wish not to cook. The pool area is central and well maintained. Loungers, chair and towel service. Finally, I have to compliment the staff of the Hyatt House. All of them, from front desk to chamber maids to gardeners. They were all helpful and polite.
So why on very good and not excellent. We were on the second floor and the room above us had some early risers that were not exactly light on their feet. We never heard the people on either side of our room. This is obviously a structural issue, but to be excellent I should not be woken up by the running of the heavy footed!!

Green Features: They have a system where you place magnets on the door to inform the housekeeping staff of which services, if any, you require.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank J S
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you stating with us and I am happy it was a great time!
Scotts Valley
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Found a HUGE Cockroach in room. Front desk was not surprise and stated they have an ongoing cockroach problem.

Asked to speak to manager about switching room (i prefer not to have cockroaches in my room), but front desk stated no manager was on duty during the weekend. Had to stay in cockroach room because they wouldn't switch my room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SSWilliams
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have called our pest control company and assured that this was a one time critter experience and have a clean bill as we usually have on our property. We spray every month which leads to very good results.
New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Four adults stayed in a quad room for 7 nights. The suite was spacious and comfortable. It's within easy walking distance of Old Town as well as Scottsdale Stadium. The complimentary breakfast has many choices including an omelet station and the quality of the food is excellent. Everyday a staff person asked if they could be of any assistance. Our DVD player was replaced within minutes of calling the front desk to advise them that there was a problem with the one in our room. Even though there were many guests, the pool and hot tub were very clean and there were enough chairs for everyone to be able to sit. We would highly recommend this hotel to those who need a two-bedroom suite.

Room Tip: We were in Building 2 facing the entrance from North Drinkwater Blvd and you could hear the traffic...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thanks for the great review! I am so happy you utilized all the areas of service we offer and it sounds like you had a great time. I hope to see you around the House again soon!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend who lives in the Phoenix area. My friend and I stayed at this property for 3 days for a girls getaway trip. It is in a great location. It is in close proximity to restaurants, bars, and shopping areas.

Our room was spacious and clean. It was wonderful having a full sized kitchen. We did dine out for most all of our meals, except for breakfast. We always brought back our leftovers and stored them in the fridge and reheated them with the microwave. We kept water and other beverages in the fridge. My friend used the coffee maker. So we got our use out of the kitchen. It was nice having a seperate sleeping area. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the large closet in the bedroom area. I believe this is the largest closet that I have ever had at a hotel ever. My only complaint with the room is that we were not able to get two full/queen size beds. It was a girls getaway trip so we would have perferred our own beds.

The hotel is made up of several unattached buildings. It has exterior doors, stairways, and walkways. To get to our room we had to walk up a flight of exterior stairs. I did not see an elevator and do not believe they have one. I am pregnant so it made getting luggage to our room a bit more difficult. The rooms are either facing a parking lot or a courtyard. To get to the lobby, unless you are located in the main building, you have to walk outside using the walkways. I wanted to make others aware of this, because this information is not included in many of the other reviews I have read. It really didn't bother me that much, since the weather was so nice. I just wished there would have been an elevator for handling our luggage. I did have some safety concerns, because our hotel door and a window to our bedroom were easily accessible to anyone.

The hotel offers continental breakfast each morning. They had a decent selection of food items. We ate there every morning to help us save on food costs, since we ate most all of our other meals out. The food quality was average. It was set up buffet style. I stuck to mostly fruit, cereal, and oatmeal. I didn't eat any of the other hot food items. I did order room service one evening. The food was ok. They forgot to give me a couple of items that were supposed to be included with the meal, however they fixed the issue right away.

They have an outdoor pool and jacuzzi. It is small and not extravagent, but it is well kept and clean. They have a couple of cabanas, tables with umbrellas, and nice pool chairs. I sat out by the pool for about three hours and had a relaxing time. The grounds are well kept and clean as well.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I was extremely pleased with the customer service at this property. We stayed at this property during peak season, so it was pricier. I overall thought this was a nice property and would stay here again if I were to come back and visit Scottsdale.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jessilynn28
Thank you for your detailed response. It sounds like you had a nice time and we appreciate you staying with us. Next time please let us know if you would like help with your bags as we are always there to lend a hand. Thanks again for staying with us!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

First time staying at Hyatt House. Interesting concept like staying at your own apartment but this is high end with great services. Friendly helpful staff. Room is well maintained and comfortable with sofa, table, kitchen. Breakfast has lots of selection and good quality.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for the great comments! It seems like you enjoyed our Hyatt House concept and we are thankful for that. We hope to see you in Old Town Scottsdale again soon!
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed in a quad room, the room was excellent it was perfect for a golf vacation with a group of guys as we were.
Service was really good throughout the stay. The people in reception were as good as it gets.
They serve a good complimentary breakfast.
Pool area although small and not grand was very clean and sufficient, there was a open fire to sit next to at night and chill if desired.
Scottsdale night life and restaurants are easy walking distance, as well as the fashion mall. If you don't want to walk there's loads of electric trolleys about which are $3 per person to take you to and fro.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
We appreciate your kind words. Top to bottom it seemed like you enjoyed your visit at the Hyatt House. Thanks for choosing us!