“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marietta, Georgia
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Great location near restaurants and shopping. It is a very clean and comfortable suite hotel. Air conditioner was a little noisy but that is the only negative I could think of. Good complimentary breakfast. Staff is nice. Good happy hour. Highly recommend this place. I had not known about Hyatt House previously but will definitely consider staying at other Hyatt Houses in the future if they are all like this one.

Stayed May 2014
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thanks for the response! I am glad you discovered our "House" in Scottsdale and extremely happy that you will choose us in the future. I will pass the nice words on to everyone!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Hyde park
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a nice two bedroom two bath suite. It's in walking distance to old Scottsdale. Great breakfast each morning and a nice pool. We were in town for a wedding. Would return if we are in the area . Friendly staff. Nice workout room and a business center. Had great WiFi

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank rtbutlerjr
Thank you for the review! I hope the wedding was a blast and I am glad we could take care of everything for you while you were out of town.

See you soon I hope!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times but this past April/May was my first visit since it was remodeled. My girlfriend and I stayed for over a week for some R&R and really enjoyed it. The 2-bedroom suites are beautiful and so big - the kitchen and full-size refrigerator was nice to have too. The pool area was a good size and always clean! The breakfast was very good, especially for being included in your stay - the made-to-order omelette station was fabulous and yogurt and fresh fruit was great too...it's nice to see some healthy options! The staff was always friendly and super helpful, which you don't see much anymore these days. The newly added bar was nice too and had a nice wine selection. Great location with lots to do nearby - we never rent a car as it's so convenient to all of the shops and restaurants in Old Town! So happy with our stay - will return again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool - you won't get the noise from street traffic or near a local bar
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you! I am so glad you had a great time. That is what we are all about and I am glad you could share with everyone else. We appreciate it!
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

An older hotel in Old Town. We stayed in 2 bedroom/2 bath room that was musty. Don't look for simple things like lotion and shower caps. Very average accommodations I like clean sheets and towels at least every other day and that didn't happen despite my numerous requests.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traceyb859
Thank you for your feedback. I am surprised to hear not only that you received service that was not up to standards but also did not receive amenities that we do have at the hotel such as lotion and shower caps for our guests. All of this information as been forwarded to our staff to ensure proper service going forward. Thanks again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here in April from Saturday through Wednesday. The price was very good and it was great to have two rooms. The location was fantastic. Very few hotels these days come with a free breakfast (although I did not actually eat the breakfast). It was also great to have the full kitchen and full sized fridge.

On Saturday some night club (which was around a mile away) was making a ridiculous amount of noise even in the middle of the night. This was frustrating because when I made the reservation I specifically asked for a quiet room. That being said, the staff was very concerned and offered to have us switch rooms. The staff in general was very friendly.

I did not like that the rooms do not have a full length mirror. The internet was free and worked great though which was a huge life saver because I had to work the whole time. The hot tub did not have jets.

My least favorite aspect of this hotel was the duvet which did not have duvet cover and was barely constrained by two sheets. I kept fearing that I was touching it at night somehow. Nevertheless, all in all I'd come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your review. It is important to get good feedback! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Room was huge with a full kitchen. Breakfast was not the usual continental type usually seen at this class of hotel, but rather had freshly prepared omlettes and a great selection of tasty food. Great coffee. Great location, minutes walk from Old Town Scottsdale. Property has a beautiful pool and has rooms in a number of buildings, like a small resort. Do not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
The staff and I appreciate the kind words and we will pass along! Thank you!
Tahoe
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent location for Giants fans during spring training and for downtown Scottsdale dining and activities. Lots of golfers here, too. Two bedroom suite was very comfortable and the breakfast was typical Hyatt Place, which I consider very good in this price range. We liked everything about our stay, and would happily return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
We look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you for the great review!