My husband and I traveled to Phoenix, Sedona, Scottsdale, and San Diego for 2 weeks over the Xmas holidays, and this was, by far, the worst hotel we stayed in, mainly because of the lack of services and the ineptitude of the staff. The night we got in, I had to use my laptop for some personal business, which I could not do because the hotel network was not secured. We called the Front Desk who called the manger to find out what happened and to ask how I could access the "Free Wi-Fi" they advertise. She said she would call back; we waited over half-an-hour before we called her back. She said the manager said the techs who reset the password each month forgot to secure it and nothing could be done until morning. When we called the Front Desk the next morning, the guy said he knew nothing about Wi-Fi and could not help us.
Also, I did not get the wake-up call I scheduled before I went to bed. This was more than frustrating. No matter the cost, there's no bargain here when this kind of stuff happens.
When we returned home, our credit card company called to apprise us of an unauthorized charge made by Ex.Stay while we were already home. I called 9 or 10 times, and the phone just rang and rang---no one answered. When we finally got through, the gal said she would call us back to take care of the erroneous charge; thus far, she has not returned the call.
When one must spend this kind of time and energy to get basic services from the hotel, it is no longer worth the perceived monetary savings.
I bought this hotel accommodation through Priceline's "Express Deal". There is no way this is a 3-star hotel. So, I hold Priceline somewhat responsible for these SNAFUs because they are, obviously, not checking out the hotels they offer. I guess they can't afford to do that after paying huge advertising money to Schattner and, now, Cuoco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Hotel Scottsdale
- Homestead Studio Suites Scottsdale
- Homestead Scottsdale
- Homestead Suites Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Homestead Suites
- Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town Arizona