DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I attended a business conference here and my husband joined me for the weekend. Nice rooms, great pool, beautiful grounds. Conference rooms and food were great too. We would stay here again for a long weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Reagan, thank you and your conference for being with us and for this very nice review of your stay at our resort. We look forward to being of service to you and your husband when you can get away for a weekend, or better yet a week, together.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The grounds are beautiful, but the hotel itself is just OK. It's a big property and very spread out, which means it can be a sizable walk to pools, lobby or restaurant. The hotel location itself isn't particularly convenient to anything either, just a random stop off N. Scottsdale Rd.

While the rooms weren't bad, they were nothing special either. Smallish TV, very ordinary bathroom, wi-fi connectivity in my room was iffy. I also agree with other reviewers that Hilton Honors status doesn't seem to mean much here either. When checking in at the same time on the same rate as a colleague who was not HHonors Gold (I am), they were placed on an HHonors floor (I wasn't) and generally had a nicer room with a fridge (mine didn't). I didn't even get a king bed room as I requested (2 doubles instead). Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad property.....but it certainly didn't excite, and I did feel somewhat let down. Could have been better.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for being with us and providing this feedback on your stay at our resort. First, let me thank you for your status as a Hilton Honors Gold member and apologize that we did not provide you with the recognition and benefits that you deserve. This will be addressed with staff involved. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to do better for you on your next visit to our area. Our location is one of our strengths by many and we'd love to show you all that is within a short trip in our complimentary shuttle to see and do in Scottsdale - Fashion Square Mall, Old Town Scottsdale and a huge array of attractions, restaurants and bars. Many reasons to return and we want to be one of them too.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room, food and staff excellent. Only negative was that room service did not bring either a table or a meal cart that converted into a table. When I complained to room service, they said that they had never had this. I as surprised as I have never had room service in a top level hotel or resort where they didn't have this.

1  Thank ferobinr

Thank you for selecting our resort and for the excellent review, many compliments and highest ratings on your stay. I do apologize for this one flaw you mention and we will look into what we can do to fill this need. It would certainly be a nice touch. We hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just stayed here for a week and cannot compliment the hotel enough. The room was huge, the grounds kept perfectly, staff were a delight to deal with and the whole establishment was an oasis of calm. The hotel is spread out across a large plot of land and some of our group managed to lose themselves walking between their rooms and the bar/reception/restaurant block.

Location is also ideal, being on North Scottsdale Road and less than a mile from Scottsdale Fashion Square, a mall with more than enough stores and eateries to keep you busy on numerous visits. To help there's a shuttle that I used on several occasions, which supposedly runs on the hour but my party managed to use at all times of the evening at extremely short notice.

I only ate breakfast there during my stay, but colleagues who used the restaurant for dinner all complimented the food on offer. If you are going to eat breakfast then at least once take the opportunity to sit outside and watch the local birds in action, many of whom have devised ingenious ways to relieve you of your food. Great entertainment I promise you.

All in all this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in during many, many visits to the USA, and is one I'll look forward to returning to.

Room Tip: All rooms are easily accessible and insulated from the traffic on N. Scottsdale Road. One tip to na...
2  Thank NeilOakshott63

Thank you, Neil, for you and your group being with us and for this perfect review and highest ratings on your stay at our resort. We greatly appreciate all the compliments and will share them with our team. We do hope that you will come back and see us again, as you mention, there are still many more things to do at our resort and in Scottsdale.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I asked for a room in a quiet location, and I got one. VERY quiet. The grounds are beautiful, with gorgeous landscaping. Lots of lovely small courtyards. My only complaint is that we didn't get maid service until 4:30 PM, when we were taking a nap after a full day. Apparently, if you put out the "Don't Disturb" sign in the morning--which we removed at 10 AM when we left--you forfeit maid service until late afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill S

Bill, thank you for being with us and for this positive review and ratings on your stay at our resort. We appreciate all the compliments but also apologize for the delayed maid service due to the DND sign. I recommend in such instances, when you've had the DND sign out but then are leaving, to call and notify the front desk or housekeeping that you would now like maid service. They will definitely try to return and complete when it is the most convenient for you. We hope to see you again soon as we are only a quick trip from Prescott. Thank again.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very friendly staff. The grounds are very clean and beautiful, even for a desert landscape. Great shuttle service to Camelback Mountain and the Old Town area. The shuttle driver even made a few passes to find us since we weren't finished with our hike in time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Brian, thank you for being with us and for this very positive review and highest ratings on your stay at our resort. We're glad you had a great time and enjoyed all that our resort and Scottsdale has to offer. We hope that you will return to do even more and, when you do, we will see you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The rooms were nice it was the grounds and service that was absolutely amazing. I had a normal room over looking the pool and the view and grounds were just unbelievable. Excellent work out room with different aerobic machines, free weights, weight machines and a side area for core and yoga. Service at the pool was quick and with a smile. From pre-arrival through departure, everyone was very helpful and accommodating and the food was very good as well. Great location and close to Old Scottsdale.

Room Tip: The north pool is close to everything. South pool is a little of a hike
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for selecting our resort for your stay and for this awesome review and highest ratings. We appreciate the many compliments and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Scottsdale sunshine!