I usually only stay at Marriotts, but my niece was in a NAM pageant at this hotel so I stayed there for ease. I was surprised at the spacious, beautiful grounds this hotel had to offer. I didn't feel like I was in the desert at all. The hotel was obviously overrun by the pageant but seemed like the staff was making a great effort to run smoothly. The room was nice but I was shocked that there wasn't a minifridge or microwave in there. I don't know if this is common with the Doubletree brand but it seems outdated. We couldn't keep leftovers which was a shame since the portions were large and the food was excellent and we had all of our meals at the pools, restaurant and lounge since we didn't really have time to leave the hotel. The pool bartender from New Mexico was really great with the kids and very pleasant, even in the extreme heat. The restaurant staff seemed a bit overwhelmed but nice, the food was good and it was great to see the manager visibly helping out his staff. Our only issue was in the lounge during lunch. Our server, Josh, I remembered his name as it's my son's name kept disappearing for 20-30 minutes at a time and never checked up on us. However, once the young lady also working there heard our complaints, she came right over and took care of our check and straightened out our mixed up dessert (the brownie is to die for) and took great care of us and it seemed everyone else that was there. I thought maybe he had gone home but she told us he was probably checking on food. Well, we finally saw him, standing around with nothing in his hands, on our way out. He must have spent about 10 minutes up there during the hour and a half we were there while she was running around the entire time. Usually I don't complain and I know it was busy but everyone single person there seemed to be working so hard while he did nothing. I wish I remembered her name and the gentleman's name at the pool, they are both a credit to your hotel, if not for them our rating probably would have been a 2 based on his service alone. Front desk staff was also efficient in dealing with the large number of people checking in and out, they were quick but the gentleman still took time to ask us about our stay. The reason I always stay at Marriott hotels is the exceptional quality of service, so I was impressed that most of the staff here was so positive and upbeat during an obviously taxing weekend. With the simple addition of microwaves and mini refrigerators, this hotel could be top notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only minutes from downtown Scottsdale, Arizona and twelve miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley – Scottsdale offers a warm welcome and a comfortable stay, in tranquil surroundings. Relax and recharge in our beautifully landscaped property, surrounded by lavish courtyards, cactus and tropical palm trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Paradise Valley Hotel Scottsdale
- Doubletree Scottsdale
- DoubleTree Resort By Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale Arizona