“Amazing southern comfort food”

Lo Lo's Chicken and Waffles
Ranked #170 of 1,308 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

A friend of mine highly recommended this restaurant so I decided to try it out. The good was AMAZING!! I was quite surprised to find a soul food restaurant in Scottsdale but it's in a prime location and the few times I've been back it's always been busy. The fried catfish with Mac and cheese and grits is simply to die for. My mother had the smothered chicken and it was delish. I travel to Phoenix a lot and stopping here is a must.

Ask for Raquel she's one amazing server

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is one of the best places we have had fried chicken at in Phoenix, we love Mrs. White's too but since this is her grandsons restaurant you just know you are getting great food. My daughter and husband don't do breakfast but they love the fried chicken and greens. If you are in Scottsdale and are in the mood for so of the best Soul Food in the Southwest you have to eat here.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Make no mistake, the food here is awesome. I live in the north valley, and I often find myself cursing the fact that there isn't a Lo Lo's closer to us. When I have a chance to make it down there, I love getting the big chicken sandwich and a jar of blue kool aid. No, it isn't health food, but if you're going to indulge, it's a great place. The most popular meal among my friends is the Betty Boop.

The terrific food makes up for what can be some apathetic service. Some of the folks working there are far more interested in messing around with their coworkers than in checking on their customers.

The music is always way, way too loud in there. I like to bring my coworkers down here, but we often go somewhere else because we can't have a conversation over lunch, there (not exaggerating...honestly, turn it down, please).

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great southern fried chicken in South Scottsdale. Restaurant staff very friendly and interior is clean and fresh. Food takes some time but well worth the wait for good fried chicken. Portions are huge.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We came here for lunch after hiking Camelback mountain with out of town guests. It was the perfect place. The place was packed and it was 2pm - good sign! Our guests loved the Cool Aid on tap. The sweet tea and lemonade was some of the best one of our guests mentioned. The chicken was great as usual. The fried green tomatoes appetizer was yummy. Biscuits and gravy a hit. We topped off our meal sharing their famous Red Velvet cake and the Banana Pudding - delicious! Our guests enjoyed the dinning experience. Service was very good!