“Not worth your time or money...bad business practices too!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Octane Raceway

Octane Raceway
Ranked #17 of 160 things to do in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: America's Best Kart Racing! Octane Raceway features a 1/3 mile indoor/outdoor track, 45+ mph karts, trackside bar & grill, billiards, mini-bowling, arcade, and event rooms. Corporate events and private parties from 10 - 500.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Chandler, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not worth your time or money...bad business practices too!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I too was a long-time member of the former F-1 now Octane Raceway when it was "gas" carts at their old location by the airport, but since moving to Scottsdale with the SLOWEST electric carts of any tracks I've been too plus the highest prices, I have lost complete interest!

I am also VERY disappointed on how the management truly does not care about keeping customers happy. As a current member, I received an email notification on September 30th, 2013 saying I could print and use this voucher for a "free" race any time during my birthday month of October. So, on October 27th, 2013, I took my voucher to the front desk to claim my free race and the guy at the counter said that since my membership expired 6 days ago on October 21st, they would not honor the voucher. The voucher said nothing about my membership expiration date plus I had no way of knowing when it would expire because I never received any other emails from Octane regarding my membership expiration. After checking with his manager (who never bothered to come out of his office to help a customer), the best he could do was offer me a "buy one race, get one free" deal...WRONG approach buddy!!! I did not drive all the way from Chandler with my 14-year old son who was excited about racing with his dad so I could pay another $20+ for slow electric carts that I know after one race, my disappointment level would be way too high to EVER consider racing again at the same time.

I am sure that other people have probably experienced the same lack of "honor and commitment" from management toward their now "formerly" loyal customers. I will do whatever it takes to communicate this response to as many people as I know in hopes that a light bulb might come on for the Octane management staff to get with the program, treat customers with respect, honor the documents you send out by email, and do something to speed up the carts before you lose your remaining customer base to places like K-1 and Golf Land!!

To top things off, Octane evidently has discontinued offering customers the chance to buy into an annual membership which I would have considered renewing in order to use my "free" race voucher during my birthday month. It's too bad Octane, that I do not see long-term success for you Scottsdale location. I will now use my Octane Raceway t-shirts to wipe up grease spots from my garage floor instead of wearing them proudly during my Tempe gym workouts.

Visited October 2013
6 Thank DMM85224

Scottsdale, Arizona
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Lot's of fun”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A visit to Octane racing is a definite must. These are adult go karts that move right along. The course is interesting for all abilities. This race track facility is clean and new. They provide fresh food and drinks. It's a great place to go alone, with the guys or on a date. They do have times when youngsters can drive at a reduced speed. A visit to Scottsdale should also include a visit to Octane Raceway. You will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank happytoberetired
Kenosha, Wisconsin
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was my first go kart raceway of this sort so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was really expensive and because they can only have so many people race each time you have to actually schedule your races and it could be an hour inbetween them if you do more than one race. There was too long of a wait so we only did one race just so I could experience it. It was fun but I feel like people get away with breaking the rules a lot like bumping and speeding during the first lap when your not suppose too. I was not that great as a racer but it was cool to try.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dont waste your time.”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My dad took me to the old location in phoenix a few years back for my first time, I had a blast it was fun it was fast and a good environment. So I told a couple of my friends and we became members, we still had fun. But recently we went to the new location in scottdale and our first time was horrible. The workers seem to not care as much, taking their time to help you not caring about great customer service. The new electric carts are slower and NOT worth the money at all. But despit the bad experience we decided to give it another try hoping for the best. Yet again it was still not worth our time. They dont control the track in anyway, they dont tell slower drivers to move aside, but they will slow your cart down to match the slower drivers. If they are so worried about safety then they should create different driving experience groups. So your not driving with kids who are scared and dont want to go fast or older parents who just want to cruise. Its called a raceway for a reason- to go fast. All in all it was a horrible horrible experience and I can honestly say we will be going to K1 raceway instead. WE WANTED TO LOVE YOU OCTANE RACEWAY BUT WE JUST COULDNT. ITS NOT WORTH ANYONES TIME.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank MReeves13
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Blast”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The facility is very clean, and nice. The manager Ryan was very helpful and the rest of the octane staff was friendly. The karts are quick. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Visited July 2013