Our family party of four adults stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis for two weeks from February 19, 2012 to March 4, 2012 in a two bedroom lock-off, sleeps 8 unit, namely Units 1115 and 1116, which we were able to exchanged into utilizing Interval International. We found the North Eastern area of Scottsdale location of the Resort, to be in an excellent position to use as a home base to explore Scottsdale and the Phoenix environs. It is close to many attractions: Old Town Scottsdale, a number of casinos, the Talking Stick Baseball facility where spring training games were being played, the Jobbing.com arena where the Phoenix Coyotes call home, numerous shopping centres, Frys Food stores, Wallmart, Costco for gasoline, Taliesin West and many great restaurants. Being just off Highway 101, Exit 35, made it easy to access Highway 17 to head North to the Grand Canyon; South to Highway 10 to Tucson, or West to Highway 10 and on to Las Vegas.
The units that we were in had been recently refurbished, with new comfort beds and 3 flat screen plasma TVs. The bedrooms were large, each opening onto a patio. Both bathrooms were large and both had whirlpool tubs. The main kitchen had new appliances and was fully equipped to serve up to 8 guests. Although both units totalled 1,290 sq. ft., the design of the units seemed to sacrifice the space in the kitchen and living room for the extra large bedrooms. Having two people trying to prepare meals was tricky. Each facility had an apartment sized washer and dryer. Mid-week towels and bedding and a fresh-up of the units was provided.
We arrived at the Resort at 10:00pm. Registration was open and we were welcomed and taken care of by very friendly staff. Our units were ready and waiting for us. All of our interactions with staff were always cordial and friendly, be they front office, housekeeping and maintenance.
One thing that we really appreciated was the fact that we were NOT badgered by Sheraton personnel to partake in their “information” aka “sales pitch” sessions as has been the case in other timeshare resorts that we have stayed in. We also appreciated being asssigned tot he same units for two weks which meant that we did not have to pack up and move.
The Resort provided free Wi-Fi in the villa units. Free computers are available in the lobby but they seemed to be very slow. BBQ’s are provided in a number of common areas around the Resort rather than on each unit’s patio. This is a bit of an inconvenience, especially if your home unit it some distance from the communal BBQ’S. We would prefer to have had our own BBQ’s. We tend to take advantage of them in preparing our own meals when we stay in these types of Resorts. Parking near our unit seemed to be always available. The Resort is very compact and negotiating around it was easy.
The grounds are well maintained and groomed. Two pools exist. Towels are available at both pools. The large pool easily accommodated all those interested in taking advantage of the water and sunshine. The small, quiet pool probably would also be used to capacity during the hotter summer months. Although the Resort does not have a full restaurant on site, there is a “Splash Bar” which offers a variety of food services and drinks from 9:00am to 9:00pm. The wings are super. A good variety of beers, have the “Flat Tire” with your wings, smoothies and soft drinks are offered. A small convenience store does exist in the lobby offering a variety of food and personal items. Many activities are offered, both on and off site. We did not participate in any of these but we did notice that many other guests did. Good areas for long walks or jogging exist near the Resort. A small fitness center is available to Resort guests.
All-in-all a great place to stay and enjoy the Arizona Sun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinct beauty of the Sonoran Desert paints a picturesque backdrop for this family-friendly resort. Just moments from the area’s finest shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation, here is the perfect vantage point to make the most of your Scottsdale getaway. And when it’s time to relax, take comfort in the amenities right outside your villa door. Sheraton Desert Oasis has two types of villas, as detailed below. One-Bedroom Villa (approx. 500 square feet): Take in tranquil courtyard or resort views from a One-Bedroom Villa’s private balcony or patio, which is furnished with a table and chairs. Inside, gather on the living area’s sofa bed while watching the flat screen TV with a DVD player or listening to the Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchenette is well equipped with a convection microwave, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. A dining table seats four. A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience. The separate bedroom features a king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience for a good night’s sleep, as well as a second flat screen TV. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a combination bathtub/shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. One-Bedroom Premium Villa (approx. 790 square feet): Each One-Bedroom Premium Villa boasts a private balcony or patio, accessible from the living area and the bedroom. Kick back on the outdoor furniture while admiring courtyard or resort views. Inside, gather on the sofa bed as the gas fireplace warms the living room. An entertainment center comprises a flat screen TV, a DVD player, and a Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchen is fully equipped with a range, an oven, a microwave, a full-size refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. Host a gathering of up to four people at the dining table, which is separated from the kitchen by a breakfast bar with seating for two. A washer and dryer are also provided for your convenience. In the separate bedroom, light up the fireplace, relax in the whirlpool tub, and watch a movie on the second flat screen TV. A king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience promises a good night’s sleep. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a walk-in shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Scottsdale, Arizona