We were totally happy with our stay here as part of our time share. They really offered a lot compared to some of the ones we've stayed at...concierge greeting with info on activities, dining, maps, etc. They have a nice lobby with a little gift shop and offer all kinds of daily activities (unfortunately we didn't get to partake because we were always out & about).
Our villa was one of the renovated ones...nicely furnished, comfortable, had everything we needed...extra large shower, fully stocked granite kitchen, large vanity area with double sinks, and plenty of closet space. My two friends were in the villa next door and commented on how perfect the set up was for friends. Each villa has a balcony/patio also. We loved the setting. The landscaping was nice with cactus, trees, and streams dotted throughout...it made for a peaceful setting and you didn't feel like you were in a crowded resort.
The pool area was large and nice...big waterfall which was nice to drowned out the noise of all the kids. There is also a pool grill with food and drinks...lots more than just hotdogs and hamburgers. Don't know why some of the reviews said they couldn't bring food into the pool area. We didn't come in with a huge rolling cooler and grocery bags, but I brought snacks in my beach bag and it didn't seem to be a problem. If it's a busy time, get to the pool early. Even though there is a sign saying no saving chairs, people still do...kinda reminded me of the pools in Vegas. We got there around 11:30 the first day and pickings were slim.
Staff all over the resort were very friendly and helpful. Be aware that this resort is in North Scottsdale and about a 20-25 minute drive to downtown/Old Town. There are plenty of plazas in the area for shopping/dining and the Kierland Commons (my favorite) is just down the road...tranquil outdoor mall with nice shops.
We were so content here. We'd definitely stay again. Great value for our needs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinct beauty of the Sonoran Desert paints a picturesque backdrop for this family-friendly resort. Just moments from the area’s finest shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation, here is the perfect vantage point to make the most of your Scottsdale getaway. And when it’s time to relax, take comfort in the amenities right outside your villa door. Sheraton Desert Oasis has two types of villas, as detailed below. One-Bedroom Villa (approx. 500 square feet): Take in tranquil courtyard or resort views from a One-Bedroom Villa’s private balcony or patio, which is furnished with a table and chairs. Inside, gather on the living area’s sofa bed while watching the flat screen TV with a DVD player or listening to the Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchenette is well equipped with a convection microwave, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. A dining table seats four. A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience. The separate bedroom features a king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience for a good night’s sleep, as well as a second flat screen TV. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a combination bathtub/shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. One-Bedroom Premium Villa (approx. 790 square feet): Each One-Bedroom Premium Villa boasts a private balcony or patio, accessible from the living area and the bedroom. Kick back on the outdoor furniture while admiring courtyard or resort views. Inside, gather on the sofa bed as the gas fireplace warms the living room. An entertainment center comprises a flat screen TV, a DVD player, and a Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchen is fully equipped with a range, an oven, a microwave, a full-size refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. Host a gathering of up to four people at the dining table, which is separated from the kitchen by a breakfast bar with seating for two. A washer and dryer are also provided for your convenience. In the separate bedroom, light up the fireplace, relax in the whirlpool tub, and watch a movie on the second flat screen TV. A king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience promises a good night’s sleep. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a walk-in shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Scottsdale, Arizona