Let me start out by saying this is a really nice place. But based on the reviews I read here prior to booking my trip, it fell flat.
Have any of you people ever been to a hotel before? Or are all the reviews fake?
I mean, it's a nice hotel and all but it's no five star resort and I certainly did not experience any service that was above and beyond.
That being said, it was a really enjoyable stay and overall a great experience. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the newly renovated rooms and they did a nice job with it. The room (1 bedroom villa) was very spacious and clean. The jacuzzi in the bedroom was a real pleasant surprise. The only complaint I have with the room is the shower. Not sure why they picked the shower floor they put in, but it already seemed dated and showed the dirt in certain areas.
For those complaining about being harassed about the time-share - I did not experience this at all. Yes, they left a message about a "free gift" awaiting me at the front desk. But that was really it. No phone calls, no one mentioned anything to me in person. Nothing else.
The grounds are nice and will be stunning once completed, but it is still under construction. I LOVED that the hotel gave me a warning about this before I booked my room and they were very detailed about when and where the construction would be. That was much appreciated and a class move.
I will say that the signage on the property should be updated. It's not even clear where to register because the first building you see is the "clubhouse." That is where you check in but there are no signs saying registration or anything like that. And when you get to the parking lot near your rooms, there are very few signs telling you where and how to get to your room. I had to walk all the way around and ask someone by the pool to help me. (she did, graciously).
Another minor complaint is the television. While they are new and modern, the time it takes to change the channel is ridiculous (meaning while channel surfing. It takes a few seconds each time you change the channel for the picture to show up). Not sure how to fix this really, other than replacing the t.v.'s.
So overall, a very pleasant trip, with standard service. Nice hotel? Yes. Unbelievable, amazing, unexpected? Sorry, but no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas providing up to 1,290 square feet with enough room to accommodate as many as eight guests. Each villa includes a fully equipped kitchen or well-equipped kitchenette, washer and dryer, separate dining and living room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Scottsdale, Arizona