This is a fine property in a decent Scottsdale location for a decent price. While this is definitely not a luxury resort, it is nicely landscaped, well-designed and nicely maintained. We got a renovated 1 bedroom villa near the pool. The room is efficiently laid out. Nice little kitchen (no stove, but a convection micro means you can really cook if you want), with plenty of dishes and other necessities for kitchen use. We mostly ate breakfast in room and had access to snacks and beverages through the day. Our 4 year old son slept on the pull-out sofa in the living room. The King bed is lovely, though the main bedroom is quite tight for space. The main complaint is that there is only 1 very small closet. That means very little storage space for your clothing and belongings. Space was so tight, we actually stored our luggage on the deck.
If you travel with children, be aware that there's a vent between the bedroom and living room, so noise from the tv etc.travels. You'll have to be quite quiet until the kids fall asleep.
Nice to have the two tv's for those early evenings. The pool area is quite nice, with unlimited towels and lots of lounge chairs. There is no shallow area for very little kids however, so be aware. The poolside cafe is easy, breezy and serves yummy smoothies. The tacos are nice for lunch. The store in the lobby has poolside essentials...which was nice. And there's a little activity room for the kids to do crafts etc. Be aware this property attracts a much older clientele. There were only 2 other families with small children while we were there. But it made for a nice, quiet atmosphere. Easy to sleep at night.
Overall, nice for a family stay or a couple who wants a more self-contained room. Parking lot fills up in the evenings (lots of people are early to bed there!). Take advantage of the Fairmont Princess being next door....great food at La Hacienda, fantastic spa at the Well & Being Willow Stream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinct beauty of the Sonoran Desert paints a picturesque backdrop for this family-friendly resort. Just moments from the area’s finest shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation, here is the perfect vantage point to make the most of your Scottsdale getaway. And when it’s time to relax, take comfort in the amenities right outside your villa door. Sheraton Desert Oasis has two types of villas, as detailed below. One-Bedroom Villa (approx. 500 square feet): Take in tranquil courtyard or resort views from a One-Bedroom Villa’s private balcony or patio, which is furnished with a table and chairs. Inside, gather on the living area’s sofa bed while watching the flat screen TV with a DVD player or listening to the Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchenette is well equipped with a convection microwave, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. A dining table seats four. A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience. The separate bedroom features a king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience for a good night’s sleep, as well as a second flat screen TV. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a combination bathtub/shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. One-Bedroom Premium Villa (approx. 790 square feet): Each One-Bedroom Premium Villa boasts a private balcony or patio, accessible from the living area and the bedroom. Kick back on the outdoor furniture while admiring courtyard or resort views. Inside, gather on the sofa bed as the gas fireplace warms the living room. An entertainment center comprises a flat screen TV, a DVD player, and a Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchen is fully equipped with a range, an oven, a microwave, a full-size refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. Host a gathering of up to four people at the dining table, which is separated from the kitchen by a breakfast bar with seating for two. A washer and dryer are also provided for your convenience. In the separate bedroom, light up the fireplace, relax in the whirlpool tub, and watch a movie on the second flat screen TV. A king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience promises a good night’s sleep. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a walk-in shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Scottsdale, Arizona