“Good location, nice hotel, service/facilities so-so.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saguaro Scottsdale

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Saguaro Scottsdale
Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Good location, nice hotel, service/facilities so-so.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Located right in Scottsdale so within 2 mins walking distance to all the nice bars and restaurants. The hotel setting is nice, rooms big and modernly decorated. However, our toilet blocked on the 1st night and wasn't rectified until the next morning, by which we had to move rooms as someone had shoved something down the toilet. Not the hotel's fault but we were given any alternative at the time until we asked so we had to go without the toilet overnight. WI-FI was also down for half the time we were there. Pool menu is rather pricey but to be expected. We got this place on a late deal (the night before) for $84 p/night for 3 nights so can't complain too much. Also, the bedroom doors are paper thin! Do not expect to sleep in!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
AKleinGM, General Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear landyuk1,

Thanks for staying with us recently and sharing your comments. I want to apologize for the toilet and Wi-Fi issues that you had during your visit, certainly not the norm or what we expect for any of our guests. We are definitely a more fun hotel in the heart of Scottsdale, which does lead to a bit of noise on occasion, but have asked our security to be more vigilant in keeping the noise down in the hallways.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Saguaro! We hope to see you again soon!

Alan Klein

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had the pleasure of staying one night at the Saguaro Hotel in Scottsdale recently. The hotel was immaculately clean, the staff friendly and helpful and the overall atmosphere of the property was warm, welcoming and enjoyable. The rooms are quirky and well-maintained. The location was quiet and peaceful. The staff went out of their way to ensure a pleasant experience. What I liked best was that the hotel was pet friendly and welcomed our four-legged friend. I would happily recommend Saguaro as a refreshing change of pace from the 'box' hotels and you can rest assured you'll be well taken care of.

Room Tip: Request the pool view rooms!
Dear Daniel H,

Thanks for your oustanding review of our hotel. So glad you had a great visit and that the staff went out of the way to make you (and your four legged friend) feel welcome!

Thanks for sharing...and come back soon!!

West Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was staying at a nearby hotel that did not have a spa and really wanted to get a massage while in Scottsdale. Since The Saguaro was in walking distance, I decided to schedule my massage there and I am so glad that I did! I love massages and get them fairly frequently, but this was literally the best massage of my life. I booked the monthly AZ 100 special which is a one hour spa treatment for $100. The October special was a Spiced Orange Massage. The massage therapist was so very good. She worked extensively on my problem areas (neck and shoulders) but still did a full body massage, as well as a foot massage, scalp massage, and face massage. She really helped my neck and definitely helped me to have a relaxing trip in Arizona.

As far as the spa itself, it seems fairly small, from what I could see it seemed like there were only maybe one therapist and two rooms, but there may have been more. The massage room itself was kind of small, but more than adequate. I also noticed there was a small shower in the back which would be nice to use if you had received other treatments or been out to the pool, etc. The only negative of the experience was that it was kind of warm in the room especially with all of the blankets on the massage table and it also sounded like they were mowing the grass right outside of the spa when my massage first started.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Dear Kayla W,

It was great to hear how you LOVED our Saguaro Spa. Josh and the team do an outstanding job, and I'm certain they will appreciate your positive feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again - We'll have lots more specials throughout the year!!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding weekend and had all our guests stay here. It was a great surprise to see how well put together this hotel is since being renovated. The rooms are beautifully decimated with a retro 50's feel. Almost like a Miami Cuban influenced decor. The food at distrito was great though we only had breakfast and the whiskey bar was a great drink spot.
The pool was a great spot to pass the day with some good drink selections and food options.

Overall I was very pleased with our stay here and would recommend if yo y want something outside the corporate chains in a great location you should stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank RJS5
Dear RJS5,

First of all, let us congratulate you on your most recent Wedding!

Thanks for celebrating your special occasion with us, and sharing your feedback. We'll pass on your comments to the team.

We hope that you will come back and celebrate on your anniversary!!

Congratulations and Best Regards,

The Bahamas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed here for two nights as a family of two adults and two young kids. It is really beautiful and very different. We loved the feel of the hotel. Our room was fine - it is a a bit small and the air conditioning is incredibly loud. However, the service was fabulous both at the front desk and in the breakfast restaurant, the food was great, the location is superb right next to many bars and restaurants, and the pool is great too. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: You might want to ask about the air conditioning as perhaps some rooms have new/quiet airconditionin...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline073
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

We had our wedding hear and its turned out fantastic. Our friends all gave us excellent feedback as well. This is a nice hotel, excellent location, decor is funky and fun, and by far the best part is the staff who went out of there way to make you feel comfortable. Love Distrito Restaurant and Whiskey Bar. It can be a bit of a party by the main pool, but they have another pool that is designed for chill. I would recommend this place for those who want a fun, casual place and walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: Suggest you ask for a pool view, because we hear the rooms facing Indian School Road are a bit noisy...
2 Thank Rich210
Diamond Bar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

The hotel is in a great part of town. The rooms are small but interesting decorated. Service is good. The pool is quite small.

However their pricing of rooms is very deceptive. When I booked the room over the internet there was no mention of resort fees. When I got my confirmation, there was no mention of resort fees. When I checked in there was no mention of resrt fees. Only when I checked out was I told I had to pay for fees of $20 a day plus taxes, that was never mentioned to me. I asked why I was not told sooner about these fees and the front desk told this was the hotel's policy. I asked what I got for these fees and only then was told what services are included. However, since I did not know about the fees or services upon check in, I never used them. Not being told about fee and service when making a reservation or at lease upon check-in is a very poor way to run a hotel and creates great mistrust with its customers.

Room Tip: Call to ask what included in the room fee or be prepared to be surprised
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Richard W
AKleinGM, General Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Richard W,

Thanks for your recent review about our hotel. It was great to hear how you liked our interesting guestrooms and really enjoyed our location - so much to do within walking distance!

I was sorry to hear that you must have overlooked the info on the resort fee when booking on-line. We work very hard to ensure that we are very upfront about our resort fee (which includes Complimentary Wi-fi in the guestrooms and throughout the hotel, use of our state of the art fitness center, free local and long distance calls, use of our Saguaro Bikes, In-room Keurig Coffe and complimentary Valet Parking) and this info is not only listed on the booking sites, but your reservation also required you to initial that you were made aware of the fee before it would confirm your reservation. I know that at times this information may seem to get lost in the booking process, but I wanted to assure you that it is listed for all to see prior to confirming. Please feel free to contact me should you want more information about our resort fee policy or if I can answer any further questions.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.