Saguaro Scottsdale
US$135
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$142
US$199
US$179
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$205
US$164
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$406
US$386
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbright colorsold townbathroom doorgiants spring trainingan older hotelpool areaart galleriesbars and restaurantsguacamolepool partygreat poollocation was perfecthappy hourgolf cartfitness centerdistritovalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was in AZ for the first time in 7 years and I am glad I stayed here. The front desk girls and staff were awesome and very helpful. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here when wanting to be in Old Town Scottsdale. I met some amazing people while at the hotel that I have continued to stay in contact with. Rooms were very clean which is a huge plus for me. Until we meet again Saguaro.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colby S
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello Colby S,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay.
Glad you had a great time while you were here; hopefully it won’t be 7 years until your next visit?!
Until then…

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the feel of the hotel - it was very cool and the staff was extremely friendly.

The rooms could've been a bit cleaner. I felt like corners/crannies were a bit cruddy and they could've ran a vacuum a few more times.

Overall we enjoyed it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello WanderlustLiss,

Thank you for reviewing you recent stay and choosing to stay with us! We try to take each guest experience into consideration to make the next visit even better.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Morgan

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Saguaro hotel is in downtown Scottsdale. It's not very big. It odd however very colorful and has done cool decorations.The building is a bit dated but the rooms are modem and nice. It's a hip kind of place.I like the distrito restaurant a lot

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello gzau,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us!

Fun little fact that not a lot of people know, Distrito, our restaurant on property is actually owned and operated by Iron Chef Jose Graces! No wonder why the food is amazing!

Until your next visit…

Reviewed 28 April 2014

If only all of my business travel could be this charming. I stayed just one night at this hotel in Scottsdale, my first time in the city, while performing at the nearby Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (also a knockout!), and was utterly charmed by it. It's a big place that might once have been something less charming than it is now. It has that look of something that has been repurposed with paint and imagination. While many hotels strive for a look of whimsy and end up looking strained, this hotel really pulls it off. My room was stylish and amusing while still being very functional and comfortable. The little touches, like old photos on the walls, and cleverly designed instructions for getting the most out of my stay, were actually amusing and helpful. There are two pools, one of which was very quiet, and the other that was a hotbed of activity. Both were surrounded by lush landscaping. There were bicycles to borrow and lots of things to see nearby and the whole thing was just fun and relaxing. I wish I could have stayed longer. My one complaint was that there didn't seem to be any WiFi, although maybe I just missed it somehow. I was too busy with work for it to become an issue but I'd have to investigate that more if I was going to go back. There was a spa, which I didn't see, but the gym was terrific. Great equipment an a view of the pool for motivating eye candy. There was a nice mix of straight people, lots of whom seemed to be part of wedding parties, and gay couples, and everyone was mixing nicely. I also availed myself of one of the town cars onsite to take me back to the airport and after realizing that I'd left my watch in my room the driver was very nice to take me back and wait for me to find it and did not charge me extra. I gave him a big tip, which I was happy to do because the watch, although cheap, has special memories associated with it and I left Scottsdale happy and very ready to recommend this charming hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello James J,

Thank you for such a wonderful detailed review! We appreciate all of our guests’ feedback and we enjoy hearing about wonderful experiences like yours.

We hope you do come back soon to enjoy some of our other great amenities like our Spa. And don’t worry, we have WiFi too!
Until then…

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We loved this colorful hotel. Had ground floor room with a patio which walked out to one of the two pools. Look for the hidden hammock! The rooms were on the small side, but with only two people, it didn't bother us. Loved the location! Can walk to everything in Old Town from here including across the canal to Scottsdale Fashion Square. There are also bikes here that you can take out for a ride, but we didn't do that. We did not want to try and ride a bike on the busy streets in Old Town. We enjoyed being at the pool each day as it wasn't very crowded the week we were there. They are very strict at the pool about bringing in your own containers. We only had our plastic Tervis tumbler, filled with water from our room, and we were told to put it away and that we couldn't use it. And we saw another couple that had a big water bottle from their room and the bartender took it away from them. Really?! We had to hide our own snacks at the pool for fear they would be confiscated too. You can get food from the menu out at the pool, but it was all unhealthy stuff and not many options. Would stay here again for the cheerfulness of it and the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room. That is the only way you will get a patio. The upper rooms have a like a 1 foot patio.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dshendri

Hello dshendri,

We appreciate you writing a review about your recent stay with us! It sounds like you had a wonderful time in the sun while you were here. The hidden hammock is my all-time favorite place on property, not a lot of people know about it!

I do apologize about the water bottle, but we do not allow outside food and beverage in our pool area. Like all restaurants, it could be a violation of health code and if liquor was brought in, we could potentially loose our liquor license.

We do have a prime location! Everything you need is within walking and/or bike riding distance.

We hope to see you again on your next trip out to Scottsdale!