“Fun place”
Review of Saguaro Scottsdale

Saguaro Scottsdale
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Not the most upscale place, but it is fun, clean and the hotel restaurant is surprisingly very good. I usually do not hit hotel restaurants, but had to and was very pleased. This is a large property, very convenient to old town, although I was here in the summer and it was very quiet due to the heat. Great fun pool, very nice exercise facilities and most importantly, the staff was very helpful 100% of the time. Customer service was outstanding.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello Giman56,

We appreciate you reviewing your stay here in Scottsdale! Our restaurant on property, Distrito, is actually owned by Iron Chef Jose Garces! No wonder why it so delicious!

I will make sure to pass along your wonderful comments to the team as well.

We hope you return soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Here on a business trip. Hotel is an older hotel looks like a lot of remodeling has taken place, mainly in the hotel lobby, but the rooms are OK. Air struggles to work when it's 100 outside, but it works, has to run all the time.. my bed is EXTREMELY comfortable, I have to say this is the best bed I've slept in, in a LONG time.. better than the more expensive hotels even.. my room door doesn't shut too easily, I have to SLAM, and I mean SLAM it shut. It doesn't close on the first attempt, I usually have to slam it shut 4 or 5 times to catch - there is a plate on the door that says "Close door tightly" so it's a known issue. Not sure if all rooms are like this but I never hear or see other people slamming their doors shut. There is a mexican restaurant in the hotel that's pretty good, not as good as the one down the street but it's OK if you want to stay on the hotel property. There are cheaper and better tasting options right down the road however. Next time in the area I will stay at this hotel but only because my company has an agreement with them. Given the option I'd probably stay at my normal chain that's nearby... don't get me wrong, no major complaints, it's just not the type of hotel I normally like to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello CarolinaBlue73,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I apologize about the door not closing easily; I will make sure to pass along the information.
A fun little fact about Distrito, our restaurant on property, it is owned and operated by Iron Chef Jose Garces!

We hope to see you again on your next trip out here!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was perfect! I booked with hotelstonight.com. I used the promo code MDAVIS492 and got a $25 off credit and I Used BOOKEUROPE and got another $25 credit. I ended up spending only $40 on a $140 room.. just by booking threw that site and using those promo codes.. I love discounts. Figured I'd share, like someone did with me.. Down load that App and share with your friends and save even more!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice..
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Booked this room on Priceline as we have gotten some great summer rates in Scottsdale at some fabulous places in the past. NOT this time. To call this hotel a 4 Star resort is only the beginning of the disappointment you will deal with here - it is neither 4 star nor a resort. It's more like a Motel Six with gaudy make over! The room was worn out and stained. The air conditioner was the loudest I've ever encountered. The bed sagged and squeaked and left my back sore (I'm a stomache sleeper). The staff seemed to excel at screwing up... Every day... All day. From bringing the wrong food at breakfast one day, to leaving us standing in front of an empty restaurant for nearly thirty minutes the next. We finally left without ever being seated to eat somewhere else. Never in all the years we've owned this car has it ever been as filthy as when the valet returned it to us. My wife called down to the front desk for some coffee for the in room coffee maker and they brought us a coffee cup! It got to be a hilarious joke to imagine how they would manage to screw up next! I would have checked out after the first night if the room hadn't been prepaid through Priceline. In fact I tried to cancel the remainder of our stay through Priceline, but they weren't about to permit that. I won't be using Priceline any longer either - you can't trust their star ratings anymore.

Room Tip: Stay Away!

Hello Kevin C,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay.
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay here and out the lack of attention to detail. It does not sound like a normal experience with us. I would like to discuss your stay further with you. If you could, contact me at your earliest convenience at mkunse@jdvhotels.com.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was a fantastic hotel, bright, bold and very indiviudal. From the great art, fantastic food, to great pool and spa area. Plus it is right in downtown Scottsdale, perfect!
Would recommend this place to others for sure!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Ryan D,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay with us!
We are right in the middle of downtown Scottsdale! Walking distance to almost everything you need.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Was in Phoenix for business and stayed at the Saguaro hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room very clean. Went to the pool in the evening and enjoyed a drink and relaxed after a busy day. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello Soleil31,

Thank you for taking some time out to review your recent stay with us!

There is nothing better than relaxing poolside with a drink after a busy day of work. We hope you return again, but this time for fun!

Until then…

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This property is nowhere near a 4 Star "resort". This was not a "Resort" by any stretch of the imagination. It reminded me of a hotel in Rocky Point. At least in Rocky Point you have the ocean. I did book this through Priceline, I will not use Priceline again, their idea of a 4 Star "Resort" and mine are very different. The grounds were dirty. You had to use a valet if you wanted to use the luggage cart to get your belongings to your room. There was a tray of food outside our door at check in and it was still there at midnight. The table in the room was filthy, I cleaned it so we could eat on it.

Room Tip: The beds are very noisy just getting in and out of them. Do not stay on a Saturday, there is an &qu...
1  Thank Jane P
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Jane P,

We appreciate you taking some time out to write a review of you stay here.

I apologize about the in room dining tray and the table in your room. This is not a normal occurrence here.

We do have events at our pool in the summer, most of which end by 5pm to keep the noise level down so we do not disturb our guests. We also have a hot tub at the end of our Picante pool that can hold about 20 people. Calma is the second pool we have on property that is more relaxing without any music that might be a better fit.

We do hope you return to get another feel for the property.