“A very eclectic boutique hotel ”
Review of Saguaro Scottsdale

Saguaro Scottsdale
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Flagstaff, Arizona
“A very eclectic boutique hotel ”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a boutique hotel it's designed more like a motel. The hotel is older and shows its age. The location is amazing. It's quirky decor and color scheme are exciting and charming, a mid century style with Mexican flair. It's staff is the best most friendly helpful staff I have encountered in Scottsdale. I would recommend this hotel to 25-35 year olds traveling without families. The pool closes quite early 10 pm. The restaurant is fantastic I enjoyed happy hour with tacos and nachos. I will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello Leadazgrl,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here!

We appreciate the wonderful comments and I will be sure to pass them along! We are very lucky to have such an amazing team here!

Morgan K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this via a travel website and were excited a the Old Town location and being able to walk to attractions there. The overall appearance and comfort were amazing. The air conditioner in the room was a little noisy and our room was located against the main road, adding to the nighttime noise. The pools were perfect for lounging, when they were not doing their attempt at cloning "Rehab" from the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas...a swing with a big miss for them. The hotel bar thou was very comfortable and staff friendly.
Worth a stay for the locations.

Stayed July 2014
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello Chris M,

We appreciate you taking some time out to review your stay with us!

You’re right; almost everything you need is within walking distance to our hotel!
I apologize about the noise. We hope you let us know if there is any way we can assist in making your experience more comfortable and memorable while you are here!

We hope to see you again soon!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I got away for a weekend without the kids and had a fabulous time. Every staff member we encountered was wonderful. We stopped by the bar at Distrito because they gave us a two for one margaritas coupon when we checked in. The bartender, Lucky, makes a tasty drink! The location was great for walking to restaurants and bars - we parked our car all weekend. The pool was lively without being obnoxious and the drinks there were great, too! My only minor complaint is that the rooms could use a little refresh. I noticed paint touch-ups neded throughout the room and the mattress had seen better days. I'd definitely go back, but only on a trip without the kids.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Amy H,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us!

As you stated, we are in the perfect location. We are within walking distance to almost anything you need including restaurants, bars and shopping. But, no need to go get drinks when you can have Lucky’s tasty margaritas here at Distrito or at the pool!

Currently, we are in the process of some room revamping including some mattress purchases. So next time you can bring the kids! Until then…

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

very professional greeting, checkin, checkout. Quiet, ultra comfortable room. Parking included. Breakfast so-so. All in all an aesthetically pleasing property. Good location. Definitely would return. On the last day, had issues with the doorlock, presto, a technician appeared and resolved.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello OttowaRay,

We appreciate you reviewing you recent stay with us!

We take each of our guests’ comments, compliments and suggestions seriously to make each stay here better and better. I do apologize about your door lock, but I am very pleased to see someone was there to assist you and fix the problem.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Saguaro for a business trip in July- needless to say, it was HOT! I checked in and was greeted promptly by the friendly bell staff who welcomed me and explained that after I checked in, they would assist with me with my luggage to my room. The bellman whose name I don't recall (but is from Georgia and was headed to vacation in Oregon on a bike trip) was incredibly friendly and immediately made me feel very at home. Every interaction I had for the next three days with the Saguaro staff both in the restaurant, pool staff, room service, sales managers and front desk, was consistent with my first impression- they were amazing!

The food was great (I suggest the ceviche), my air conditioning worked really well, the pool was clean, the fitness center has a good range of equipment and is pretty big for a hotel gym- and I suggest the TRX class they offer poolside in the morning- the beds are comfortable and the theme is done so well.... I can't say enough. This is a great hotel and I would suggest it for work or leisure, and for families or singles. Also, the location is a short walk to Old Town Scottsdale! Stay here when you're in town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello JGood27,

Thank you for staying with us and taking some time out to review your recent stay!

We are pleased to read about how much you enjoyed your stay, even though it was for business. The gentleman/bellman you were referring to is Clint. We are very thankful to have him as well as such a wonderful team here on property! I will be sure to pass along the compliments to Clint and the team.

Our summer months are very HOT but, that is what our chilled pools and margaritas are for! We hope you come back to enjoy more of these soon!

Albany, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place was such a nice surprise for us. I happened to ask for a hotel recommendation when I was booking a Segway Tour and came to find out they start on property at the Saguaro. We were told this was a great place with a great location, but we had no idea just how pleasant it would be.

The colors are fantastic (we learned the story behind this on our Segway Tour) and make for a cool, unique place. Everything was clean, with beautiful plants and flowers throughout the property. The staff all seemed genuinely happy and nice....always a smile.

We are so glad we were given the insight to stay here. We will be back and highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Joyce S,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to have new guests venture over here to the Saguaro!

Like you stated, one of the Segway Tours start right here on property. It is perfect for guests who have never been to the desert and want to learn more about our surroundings (and of course you get to ride a Segway)!

Phoenix
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We got a killer deal on a suite because it was July in Arizona. This hotel is seriously beautiful. The lobby, the pool, the restaurant and the room were all perfectly decorated with the most unique attention to detail. And the staff was incredible. Everyone from the valet to the front desk staff to our server at dinner to the guy who took our drink order at the pool, every single person was friendly, funny and helpful. Oh, and the food was delicious and the drink menu vast. I wanted to stay forever.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello Jfaubus,

Thank you for taking some time out to write such a wonderful review!
We are delighted to read about how much you enjoyed your stay and our property. We never get tired of hearing compliments from our guests!

I am sure we could get you a great rate if you did want to stay forever! 
Until next time…