“Now that's Italian”

Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,242 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Now that's Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Our dining experience in AZ had been uneven on this trip, but Tommy V's was on its game the night we went there. The food, ambience, service and weather were all outstanding.

We stopped in 30 minutes before our reservation for a couple cocktails and chatted with the bartender about what she liked to order. It was a bit warm inside the restaurant for our taste, so we got a table outside as it was another wonderful night.

Our waiter, Chris, was patient, knowledgable and personable. We started with the Chef's Table, a sampling of caponata, prosciutto, a fried artichoke heart, olives and a couple other yummy choices. This, along with their complimentary warm bread and olive oil, made for a great way to start our meal.

Our dinner choices were the chicken piccata for me and bucatini amatriciana for my husband. I love piccata and this was one of the finest I've ever had. It came with potato croquettes and mixed veggies. I sampled my husband's dish and I agree with him that the amatriciana was absolutely wonderful. It was a flavor explosion.

We had read some prior comments about Tommy V's and their skimpy portions. We can only think that they sampled the Happy Hour sizes because our meals were anything but skimpy.

I relaize I'm raving over this place, but it deserves it. This was a great experience.

5 Thank SalfromIL

Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I visited this restaurant with some colleagues on a weekday evening and did not know what to expect. The service and selection both exceeded my expectations. Not knowing what to order, I asked the server what was best and they chose a wonderful pinot noir to drink and carpaccio to start. I loved both and after such a great start I was eager to see the main course. We were not disappointed. The pasta was amazing, obviously fresh, and everyone in our party was pleased.

2 Thank Cecil_Hopper
Nevada City
“The next #1 restaurant in Scottsdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

The 1st day in Scottsdale, we had the worst dining experiences in our life in Old Town.
Then we happened on Tommy V's, and believe it or not, we have had lunch and dinner there every day since. The risotto is as good as any in Italy, as is the Caesar salad. Happy hour is so generous, it is humbling. Go there and also do a review.

2 Thank RobbNevadaCity
North Westchester, Connecticut
“Great food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was our first time trying this Scottsdale restaurant. The food was spot on Italian...very clean and really well prepared. We shared the cold antipasto, my husband had the short ribs and I had the spaghetti and meatballs. Of the two, I would say the short ribs was the winner. They were falling off the bone in a great sauce accompanied by spinach stuffed fresh gnocchi...a perfect match. The gnocchi were as light as could be. The meatballs/spaghetti was also very good. Portions are not huge but perfect for us. Bread with olive oil was also excellent. You'd be hard pressed to get a better Italian meal in NYC or Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. All items were reasonably priced the wine list was also good. One more note...the chef/owner came out to greet all...not just regulars. This always make a big impression on me.

2 Thank SDG13
ct
“nice ambience. appetizers better than entrees.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

nice decor and wait staff. the appetizers are more interesting and well executed than the entrees. consider selecting a group of appetizers for your entree

Visited December 2011