“Disappointed.”
Review of The Simple Farm

The Simple Farm
Ranked #76 of 165 things to do in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: The Simple Farm is our home and farm. We are a working farm and know folks love to see how one operates. Therefore, we open our gates just one morning a week for a few hours. It's the best we can can with our very full farm schedule. Hope you can visit on a Thursday morning from 9-11:30 am. We have a lovely farm couture style Farm Shop with baskets of our our award winning goat milk caramels and often little bundles of fresh picked herbs and flowers. We also curate a small selection of hand made gifts by women. Keep in mind, we close our home/farm to the public sometime mid-June and reopen sometime mid-October. We grow for Farm Members - those that pay up front (often 8-10 weeks) for vegetables, fruit, herbs and sometimes fresh eggs. When we are able to harvest extra, those little extras will be available inside our farm shop. Best to arrive by 9 am for the selection. There are little tables and chairs in our Gathering Garden where you can enjoy something sweet from Pickett Fence Pastries and $3 cup of coffee. Often our little herd of Nubian dairy goats are hanging around and in spring time we always have a few little babies.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My first (and last) visit was very underwhelming. Not one person initiated contact. No vegetables seemed to be available for sale. The entire place was a bit scruffy. I arrived on Thursday April 24th, 2014 around 11am so maybe that is why there was nothing to purchase aside from a few herbs and a basket of potatoes. Goat cheeses and derivatives were in the frig. but I am not a fan of goat anything. Not worth the visit. Thank you.

LylahScottsdale, Owner at The Simple Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

We are so sorry that your first and only visit to our farm was disappointing. At that time, we would harvest our fresh herbs and vegetables for the morning market. Unlike a grocery story, we do not have an ongoing supply.

And, it's true - most times there would not be much left at the close of our market - but that's the nature of a local farm/market.

I hope you will pay us another visit. We are growing herbs, vegetables and fruit for only farm members, but because we care about our community - we have added a charming Farm Shop where our award winning caramels, hand made gifts and small bouquets of flowers are available. We open our home/farm to the public only on Thursday mornings 9-11:30 or in the afternoon from 3:30-5:30. We do post on our website, however, when we are closed.

Lylah Ledner
The Simple Farm

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I love the fact that the Simple Farm is open to the public every Thursday from 8:30 to 12:30.

We have driven by this location for the past 25 years and had no idea there was anything like the Simple Farm there. The Simple Farm would probably be inundated if there was a prominent sign. There is ample parking and it is a little confusing/intimidating to know how things work at the farm. EG the process of buying caramels or farm produce. Not sure if there was something stating this when walking through the archway but that would have been nice.

Everyone there seemed very nice and helpful and it was a beautiful day to have a toddler out looking at the hens and goats. I heard that they sometimes take a goat out but on the day we visited they didn't.

We ended up leaving with a package of caramels (they are expensive but for a small gift I think they are perfect), some produce and two tomato plants and a toddler who got to visit with the goats & hens.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

my sweetie, his grandma & i went to visit the farm today.turns out it was not a public day...those are only on the market days (Th & Sat). however, we encountered Lylah (farm owner/steward) and were able to get a little peek at the goings on inside this urban treasure. garden beds galore, beautiful goats, a super sweet cafe that sells the most AMAZING goat milk caramels...wow!! it's really something what these earth loving folks have done with this place in just 3 short years. worth a look if you're an earth/garden/simple living lover yourself.

3  Thank emberdequincy
LylahScottsdale, Owner at The Simple Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Hi there.... I so appreciate your kind review of our farm...it always means so much. I do have one little itsy bitsy problem. The cute picture you posted 3 years ago that says our days/times open is no longer accurate. And, unfortunately, people arrive at the farm on a Saturday thinking that we are open. Is there anyway you'd be able to remove it? If so, I'd love to invite you to the farm and give you a package of our goat milk caramels for the kind favor.

Thanks!!!!!! Lylah Ledner - the simple farm

ps...we ARE open Thursdays only - 9-11:30 and 3:30-5 pm. I'd love for you to stop by~

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have driven by the Simple Farm for years and had never stopped in. I was pleasantly surprised. It is very charming and an interesting place to visit. A great place to take kids. They have goats that provide quite a show. They also supply the milk for the amazing goat cheese caramels. Best I've ever had. If you are in the area it is definitely worth a stop.

3  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Wow! This place is amazing. My friend and I went to their thursday 9-1:00 farmer's market. It is a beautiful property in the middle of Scottsdale. It feels like an amazing oasis. Greeted by Tall Sunflowers, and veggies and flowers blooming in the desert. They have goats and chickens plus, the best part are the owners and helpers. A great place to visit to be inspired as to what can grow in the desert--especially in the summer. Don't miss it

3  Thank tsavia