“Very Unique Market!”
Review of Singh Farms

Singh Farms
Ranked #49 of 165 things to do in Scottsdale
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I enjoy visiting Farmers Markets around the country. On this visit, it was a very different type market and I loved it! Besides the food to purchase, children enjoy seeing the animals here on this "real working farm"! The owner greeted us and then we enjoyed walking around the beautiful grounds before purchasing our "Goodies" which consist of a very nice selection of fruits, vegies, flowers, breads, and even fresh squeezed orange juice in pint canning jars! If you are in the area, this is not to be missed!

1  Thank CozSusie

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our Garden Club went to visit the Farm to check out organic gardening and how to buy soil.
It was absolutely enchanting. There were beautiful shade trees, fire places, nice paths, whimsical garden ornaments and an old world harmonica player. We met the owner, who explained the importance of good soil and the absence of chemicals. We had a great little breakfast, cooked outside on the grill by a charming French Chef lady. The bread was to die for, charred on the outside and herby tasting. I purchased fresh vegetables and fresh bread and went back to city life totally refreshed. I so enjoyed my visit, that I took my husband the following week and he liked it just as much. We saw lots of children feeding the horses and checking out the chickens and turkeys.
Since it is a working farm, it is only open on Saturday from 9 am to 1pm. I highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Concierge67
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This place is incredible. We moved to AZ from IL for the year, and with only a month left, I wish we would have known about this farm sooner! By far my favorite place here. I have not loved the desert, and singh farm felt like being transported someplace else. The produce selection was beautiful at this time of year, and my little guys and I loved wandering the artistically planted gardens and feeding the chickens and horses. A truly wonderful sanctuary.

1  Thank Melissa F
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Do yourself a huge favor...give yourself an amazing gift...visit Singh Farms, seek out Mr. Singh, listen for 5 minutes, get inspired to feed your body and spirit...and the eat, shop, linger until the close for the day!

2  Thank Tessla4
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We'd heard about Singh Farms from a professional chef who highly recommended it because of the quality of produce. They open on Saturday mornings at 8am, and it was recommended to us that we get there close to 8am for the most variety of produce, which we did.

There are a number of great things about the farm, but the selection of vegetables is pretty limited, maybe 10 different fresh items. What they did have looked great, and we bought a 5 pound zucchini, which wasn't even close to being the largest one. They also had sweet peppers, hot peppers, pumpkins, field greens, radishes and a few other items. The vegetables were all about $2 per pound.

They make a variety of fresh breads and pretzel sticks which were very good. We also bought some organic berry jam, which was expensive ($8 for a modest sized jar) but excellent.

The staff were very nice and welcoming. What we enjoyed most was walking around the grounds. The area near where the goods are sold is heavily wooded, mostly with mesquite trees and the ground is covered with mulch. The effect was stunningly beautiful, but out of place for southern Arizona...If someone had conked me on the head and brought me there I would have sworn I was in the Pacific Northwest or New England when I awoke. There are rustic tables and seating throughout he property.

If you are in the area on a Saturday morning you might consider a visit, even if it is just to see the property. It is less than what we had hoped for, but had some nice features.

2  Thank XlntAdventure