“Delicious food I can walk to”
Review of Mozart Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Mozart Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Delicious food I can walk to”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I've been to this place a few times now and I have yet to be disappointed. Everything from the egg bagel sandwich to the salads tossed with oil and vinegar ( as opposed to a bottled dressing) to the falafel is fabulous and very reasonably priced. The salmon wrap is my new favorite! Definitely try the strawberry lemonade. FRESH strawberries tossed in a blender with lemonade makes it almost smoothie-like. The ' mangozart' smoothie is phenomenal as well. Orange juice, mango and pineapple blended for a citrus delight. Lots of fresh choices makes this a staple when I'm home.

• Visited May 2013

Bethesda, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly tasty, clean, and well run Kosher restaurant!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Highly enjoyed the food here. The owner is always nearby making sure everyone is happy and te food is authentic and delicious. I don't think there is one item over $20 which is nice.

• Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“If you are not Vegetarian...”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Three stars is high above and in the section below. I would have given this no higher than a
2 and a half.
With a friend for lunch on a Friday, about noon. The restaurant was her choice, as it came recommended to her. It was new to me. Decor was basic, it was clean and spare, not especially attrractive ambience; not a big decorating budget, obviously. The bathroom was large, well stocked, and clean.
We walked right in and chose our own table and found our own menus. The restaurant was not truly crowded, but no one greeted us or showed us to a table. I grabbed our menus from a small table near the door.
There was nothing on the outside or even specifically on the menu that caused me to think we were in a Jewish run vegertarian restaurant. It quickly became obvious that two Gentile women were not the usual clientele. It took awhile for the servers (some who doubled as food preparers) to notice that we had seated ourselves and were nearly ready to order. Since I was deciding on a salad anyway, the vegetarian part hadn't dawned on me yet. I ordered a Spinach Fritatta with a side of fresh fruit.
My companion wanted a deli sanwhich and commented to the server that there were no meat dishes on the menu. He then admited that this was a vegetarian place. All the personnel we saw were men, no women anywhere. The yarmulkes gave the Jewish part away. I have no problem with either of these situations, but it would have been nice to have been aware (from some signage or the menu) that this place was Vegetarian.That day, we probably would have gone elsewhere.
The food was took a bit to come. My fritatta was small and not especially tasty. No chesse on it anywhere. It was just OK; I thought it was too bland. It was fresh and hot. Some diced ham would have been nice and would have helped the flavor, but not in a meatless Jewish restaurant. And it was served very basically, plain white heavy duty restaurant quality plates with no garnishes, or nothing to make it attractive. The fresh fruit was served on the same plate and it was fresh, but the only word for it was boring. Chunks of mixed cantaloupe with maybe one piece of pineapple thrown in. Unimaginative.
My comapnion had a tossed salad with some bottled dressing in a plastic dressing cup on the side, scrambled eggs, and a toasted bagel, with cream cheese and slices of tomato. The salad and eggs came on the same plate. Bagels are supposed to be chewy, but this one was hard, and from the piece she shared with me, the cream cheese and tomato on it didn't improve it any.
We ordered dessert since both of us felt our meals hadn't been satisfying enough. There were no dessert items on the menu that I noticed, but we had seen a cold case by the front door. There were three different kinds of baclava in it. We ordered the phyllo style. It was quite hard and needed a sharp knife to cut through the very small crumbly piece, about two mouthfuls. Again it was nothing special just OK. (Since my friend treated me, I didn't notice the prices, but I don't think we got her money's worth this day).
About this time the restaurant started to get some busier and a nearby table ordered a pizza. It looked much better than what we had had. The menu said there were only two types of cheeses, Mozzarella and Feta, and no meats for the pizzas either.
Two couples, the men with yarmulkes and two dressed up women sat down near us. The server was quite attentive to them and we had to ask a second time for our check. This helped me understand that Gentiles weren't the usual customers there.

So if you are not vegetarian and not Jewish, maybe this is not your best choice.

• Visited November 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I met with some friends, ordered Shakshuka and spicy moroccon salmon - Delicious!
great service, friendly staff. my friend ordered the falafel pita and said its as tasty as in Israel.
recommended.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank idan c
Phoenix, Arizona
“Get the Pitas or Falafels”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is a very casual Kosher eatery that is mostly vegetarian. You won't be able to order any chicken or meat here. I've been here twice and both times have been impressed with the pita sandwiches. I had the falafel pita and the all vegetable with egg pitas. Both were very packed with a lot of tasty food and the side chopped salad with very fresh.They don't fry anything here so your not getting anything fried. We also tried both of the tuna sandwiches I would AVOID the Italian tuna, but the other one with the lemon in the sandwich is OK. The bakery is mostly empty on Sundays but I have tried some good baked goods here. Service both times were very good. They are closed Friday nights and all day Saturday.

Visited January 2012