“Sunday morning at the Courtyard Salt RIver” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
vancouver
“Sunday morning at the Courtyard Salt RIver”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Checked in on a Saturday We stayed in a small king room. Outside had few places to hide from the sun, few places of shade by the pool. Pool water didn't seem clean. Bistro was expensive. small portions. Local call from room $1.00
Saturday night seemed quiet in the hotel.
Sunday morning church services in the meeting rooms by the lobby. I was in my bathing suit walking to the pool through the lobby, church goers stared at me like I was out of place.
I honestly didn't feel comfortable with this hotel. I couldn't recommend,

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melisa G, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your comments regarding your Sunday morning hotel experience. Let me begin by saying how sorry I am that you were uncomfortable going to the pool through the lobby. Of course with the numerous guests in the building for a different purpose, I can understand how you may have felt that way. It is my hope that you misunderstood their looks.

Regarding your comments about the pool water, I want you to know we have reviewed the pool maintenance logs and processes to be certain we are doing everything we can to give you the cleanest and most inviting swimming experience when you are here.

In case it is relevant for your future planning, our ballroom is currently being rented on Sundays through August. While we are never certain what organizations are interested in renting space, I believe you would have a different experience this fall – I’d love the opportunity to earn your recommendation.

Thanks for staying!
Melisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Check in around 11am. Totally empty lobby.As a platinum Marriott ,most Courtyards will offer Platinum Rewards members free breakfast. This is something they would not do. I have stayed at many Courtyards and most will. I politely ask for a coffee at check in and clerk said we would need to pay for the small coffee. We decided to avoid the bistro and use the microwave and fridge.
Walmart within walking distance. 5mins. Walmart has a Subway inside and there is a Wendys next door.
This Courtyard is not a attractive as most that I have been in. Most rooms without balconies.
Outdoor fireplace had concrete seats, not very comfortable.
Yes, Its a new Courtyard.
I have had better experiences at other Courtyards. I don't think I would stay at this Courtyard again.

Green Features: I wanted a real coffee cup for the room instead of plastic throw away. convinced the bistro to give me a real coffee cup.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melisa G, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hello! Thank you for your comments to let us know your recent experience was not a great one. I am so very sorry you felt restricted by the standards of the Marriott Rewards program which do not include complimentary breakfast or coffee (besides in your room) at Courtyard hotels. While most of our guests enjoy the options of having expanded menu options and signature Starbuck beverages available for purchase, I can understand that you prefer different options. While you may not wish to return to our hotel, we appreciate your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Platinum Member and hope you continue to enjoy other Marriott hotels. If you do decide to return to our hotel, we’d love to have you as our guest again.

Thanks for staying with us!
Melisa
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed here for three nights beginning 11/02/12. This is a new hotel and it has only been open for four (4) months. It's very well appointed and the rooms are extremely nice. The bed was very comfortable and it is quiet here. This is a cheaper alternative to staying at the Walking Stick Casino Hotel. Too many of the expensive Scottsdale hotels provide no additional upgrades. Here you get free Wifi and parking in a clean, comfortable, quiet environment!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melisa G, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Hi Chris! I’m so glad to know our hotel still looks brand new – we just celebrated our one year anniversary in April! Thank you for your review – it makes us proud of our unique hotel located on Native American Tribal land and our exceptional staff who takes pride in serving every guest every stay! I hope to have you as our guest again!

All my best,
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

This was our first visit to Phoenix/Scottsdale and the second part of our 25th Anniversary adventure. I was very pleased to be able to use my Marriott points for our entire stay, which even covers the taxes!

The hotel was easy to find and we arrived in our rental car in the early afternoon. Our room was ready. My husband had phoned ahead to see about upgrading our room, but the suites were not available at that time. Our King room was very nice, but somewhat cramped, which surprised me. The bed was Marriott-comfortable and I absolutely loved it. As a bonus, we had a balcony with seating area, which we really took advantage of. The bathroom was very nice, with a great walk-in shower. Bathroom amenities were the standard size and nice brands. Wifi was free and worked well.

The pool area was very nice, with loungers as well as table and chair sets. The hot tub was great. It almost felt like we were at a Mexican resort, not a hotel. Pool towels were plentiful, unfortunately they were a little small, but you do dry quickly in Arizona. The wonderful server from the Bistro Cafe even delivered our food poolside. We didn't ask if they also offered bar service, but we brought our own drinks to the pool and this did not seem to be an issue. The pool area was underused, likely because there appeared to be alot of business travellers registered, and we often had it all to ourselves.

We shopped at the nearby Walmart for breakfast items, etc, which we stored in the minifridge in our room. We did not realize that since Walmart it is located on the reservation they did not sell alcohol, but a quick trip to Bashra's Supermarket took care of that. When we weren't at the hotel in the daytime we usually ate lunch in town. We had two dinners in the Bistro Cafe, and they were very good. Other places we tried included Stax and 5 & Diner. We tried to get into the Roaring Fork one evening, but it was Happy Hour and full.

We were absolutely thrilled on our second-to-last night when the hotel upgraded us to a King Suite! For free!! This room was absolutely phenomenal - everything was supersized: sitting area, bedroom and bathroom. Everything from a king room, plus a table and four chairs. (I couldn't help thinking that had they taken a couple feet from this room for our first room it would have been much less cramped). There was a wet bar area, and two fridges and two TVs. The (double) sink area was outside the shower/toilet area, which worked very well. Instead of a walk-in shower there was a tub/shower setup - I still think I prefer the shower, but I understand that others like a tub. We were told none of the suites had balconies. The only negative I have about this room is that the view was less than stellar as it pretty much consisted of the hotel mechanical equipment - I am definitely not complaining as it was complimentary, but I would have been disappointed had I been paying full price for the room.

This is a brand new, beautiful property, with several design influences from the native community in which it is located. It is in a very good location, in that it has easy access to the main roads, but somewhat secluded and not really within walking distance to restaurants, etc. I understand that the hotel also has a complimentary shuttle, which we didn't require, that will take guests anywhere within a three-mile radius. The front desk staff was great, the parking was free and the rooms were incredibly quiet. I will definitely continu

Room Tip: King Suites are wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FireWife911
Hi! Congratulations on 25 years – what a great accomplishment!! Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and I’m happy to know how pleased you were with the complimentary upgrade! Thanks for letting others know you also enjoyed the Bistro meals. Guests find it so convenient to stay in and dine even though there are numerous dining options nearby. Please return for another visit as the desert views continue to be beautiful every day!

With appreciation,
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

My wife and I made another four night stay at the Courtyard Scottsdale Salt River and it was another good experience. We were on a golf junket and were looking for nice but economical lodging. It appears that this hotel caters to a business clientele but don't rule it out for fun stays.

The premises are modern, clean and comfortable. The rooms are on the small side but are nice. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The patio and pool area are very nice and underutilized.

Not really a kids hotel, we did not see one, due to size of rooms and adult patronage.

Great value and comfortable.

Room Tip: The Bistro is best for breakfast and lunch.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello! We are so grateful you visited us again and had another nice stay! You’re right – while we do have a lot of business travelers stay with us, several guests have discovered us for the fun stays too! Being so close to dozen of area golf courses, countless restaurants and event venues like Salt River Fields and Talking Stick/Casino Arizona makes it a great “launching pad” for fun trips. If the kids are along too, we recommend our larger Extended Queen/Queen rooms or our Suites – they offer more room for the kids to play! We hope to have you as our guest again! Thank you for the comments!

Warm regards,
Columbia, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

While the location wasn't really within walking distance of much, I wasn't far from anything either (Old Town, Chaparral Park, etc). It was also right off of the highway and not a bad drive from Sky Harbor.

Overall, a clean hotel with a good bed, huge shower and nice sfaff. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Josh! Thank you for your review! I’m glad you discovered that we are close to all the restaurants, nightlife and attractions of Old Town Scottsdale while being convenient to other areas of the greater Phoenix area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us – I hope to have you as our guest again soon!

All my best,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

The price and location for the hotel was above and beyond what I could ask for, especially in the Scottsdale area. My parents stayed here for their weekend getaway, and we were amazed by the layout and structure of the hotel. The proximity is close to the freeway with no loud noise traffic. The rooms were clean and the hotel pool area was a 5 star rating, the views added to the ambiance of exquisite. As a Marriott Gold Rewards member, having stayed at many different Courtyards across the US, this one has been the first to take my breath away. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi! Your review is heartwarming for our team as we introduce our hotel to the traveling public visiting the Scottsdale area. I'm grateful we were able to provide a breathtaking experience - it is a beautiful hotel with amazing views. Thank you for your Gold Status with Marriott! We look forward to having you and your parents as our guests again soon!

With appreciation,