“Conveniently located between Phoenix and Scottsdale”

Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Los Angeles, California
“Conveniently located between Phoenix and Scottsdale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I enjoyed four nights at this hotel. The room, free breakfast, internet in the room and the facilities worked well. We will go back. It is also located next to the Talking Stick Casino so it was convenient to walk to the casino for several nice restaurants for dinner. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Room was quite well serviced but we did notice several small pieces of paper that had not been picked up during our stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room in the front of the building on the second floor. Very quiet and nice to see...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to see that your experience was such a positive one. If we can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed two nights in our room on the second floor. It was very clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable, and there were ample lights in the room. The staff was very friendly, and went out of their way to make our stay a nice one. The breakfast was good. We will be back. The only thing I wish is that there was more outdoor seating during the winter months. The pool is shaded, but the front of the hotel is sunny. It was so nice to be outside in the sun and warm!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that your stay was such a positive one.

I like your idea about the additional seating/furniture in the front of the hotel, of course it's nicer right now as the temps are in the 80's but won't be so great with it hits 100+ in a few months!
Still, I will make this suggestion to see if we can get some additional furniture placed in the less-scorching months as it would be a great addition to the feel and functionality of the property.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is under staffed. Employees enter room without notice and mangers are unprofessional and rude. The Shea and scottsdale Hampton inn is excellent. Please be advised that this hotel is on an Indian reservation and does not have the standards of other Hampton inns. By far worst hotel I have ever stay at.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcy S
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your stay was such a negative one. I know that in your first week with us you were extremely complimentary of our staff and service. I am sorry to see that we did not live up to our normally high standard throughout your stay.

I know that you had mentioned several times, to several employees, that you wanted a 7pm check out on a sold-out night so you could move to the other Hampton where your friend was staying that was closer to your event that brough you to Arizona. When we could not you asked for a complimentary room and I am sorry that we were not able to accomodate that request either. It looks like that experience has soured your impression of us and I do apologize.

For the benefit of an accurate review, however, while we ARE located on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Reservation, so are other area hotels including the resort and casino that is directly behind us. This location in no way affects Hilton or Hampton standards, and we are actually ranked among the top tier of all Hampton properties worldwide. Similarly, our hotel is staffed at the same or higher levels of other Hampton Inn & Suites. I don't believe that not accomodating your requests for late checkout or complimentary room makes us either unprofessional or rude, but I concede the point that you probably felt that way. The Hampton Inn on Shea is also an great property so I hope you have a more positive experience there.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel was well kept and it was perfectly located near Talking Stick Casino. The lady at the front desk (Sara) was very friendly, she took her time to explain everything the hotel had to offer. She made it fast and easy for us to check in. The hotel also offered breakfast that was definitely better than other hotel chains. Would highly recommend this hotel to people looking for great service, clean rooms and convenient location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! We work very hard to make sure each and every guest experience is great and I'm glad to see that your experience was such a positive one. Even though we're not a five-star hotel we try and comport ourselves that way to provide a fantastic product with a superior level of service.

IHopefully we have the chance to have you stay with us again soon. f we can ever be of additional service, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Ellicott City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at this conveniently located Hampton Inn for a week's vacation. We were on the 3rd floor of the 4 story building. The room was clean, quiet and well maintained. The staff was attentive and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for personal or business travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review our hotel! We work very hard to make sure that each and every guest experience is a positive one and I'm glad you had a chance to see us at our best.
Tokeland, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Needs better access to food and micro and fridge in rooms. There would need to be an opportunity to travel into town to purchase some things. I felt compelled to eat at the Casino next door about 1/4 of a mile. Food at the Casino is limited and a bit expensive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Gary B
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I wanted to apologize, as your rating was fairly low so obviously you did not receive that same great guest experience we normally provide.

We currently do have refrigerators and microwaves in our suites, and are in the process of getting them placed in all of our guest rooms later this Spring. So hopefully if you stay with us again in the future we will be able to accomodate your needs.

I noticed you mentioned the need to travel into town to purchase food. While there are multiple restaurants at the resort next door there are also dozens of great restaurants in the area that we would be happy to recommend, or that are listed in your room directory. We also have a complimentary shuttle service and we would be more than happy in future stays to take you to and from area restaurants as you'd like. We also have a list of restaurants that deliver great food to the hotel as well.

I'm sorry that these two things clouded the rest of your stay with us but I wanted to reassure you that, in the future, if you are in the area again we would love the opportunity to help serve you better.
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel has two features that convinced me that I should return next year. It is new and is well-located in Scottsdale.

The purpose of my travel was to attend the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction. That venue is about a 10-minute drive from the hotel, and highway access is almost immediate. And Sky Harbor Airport is 20-minutes away.

This hotel is newer than most I have stayed at in Scottsdale. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are functional. The king bed was comfortable, the large screen television was appreciated, the computer table and wi-fi connections were excellent, and the sitting area was adequate. The room was clean, relatively spacious, and quiet.

The no-charge breakfast was good, and the friendly service at the reception desk was superb. The only problem during my four night stay was that the cleaners failed to make up my room on the final day. When brought to the attention of management late into the evening, the room was made up, I was offered complimentary snacks, and was awarded 5,000 Hilton Honors points. This was simply an oversight, and did not affect my overall impressions of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for rating and reviewing our hotel. We're glad to see that your experience was such a positive one! We truly appreciate feedback from our guests, especially when it is as thorough as yours. It gives us the opportunity to see what we're doing right, and what we can focus on to do better. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!