“Nice hotel in Scottsdale”

Residence Inn Scottsdale North
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I came to Phoenix for a work related course and decided my wife would join me and we would turn it into a holiday as well.This hotel is located in a really nice spot..It's tucked away from traffic and noise,yet it's very convenient to Scottsdale Rd and Bell Rd.Its across the road and canal from many resteraunts and shopping..We shopped at the Trader Joes for grocery's just down Frank Lloyd Parkway (Bell Rd).
The room we had was top floor facing north and was really great because we didn't,t have the afternoon sun when we were in the room.The whole time we were here we did not here anything,it was quiet,probably one of the quietest place's we have stayed at.
The room was clean and had a kitchen that we used but wished they had kettles ( they have coffee makers) in the room so we could make our tea in the suite in the evenings.They have a nice breakfast served daily and you can get coffee and tea then but it's still nice to make your tea when you want it in the evening.Also our dishwasher was not attached to the countertop and it would tilt at you when unloading it..not the safest if you have kids in the room.
We used the pool several times and it really nice,its a good size and has lots of greenery and trees around the area.Its a salt water pool and is really warm and they supply the towels and plenty of loungers and tables.
We wouldn't hesitate returning to this hotel if coming back to Scottsdale for work or a holiday.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Trailblazer44
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Trailblazer - You hit the nail on the head with your description. We strive to cater to both business and leisure travelers and your review lets us know that we are succeeding. We hope to see you and your wife again soon, whether for business, pleasure, or both.

Thanks you for the tip about the dishwasher. I have reported it to my director of maintenance and it will be corrected.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We love staying at this Residence Inn. Not only are the rooms large and roomy, but the amenities are great! We always stay here when we are visiting family in the area. We like to have a kitchen since we have small children and like to cook in room sometimes for lunch or dinner instead of dragging all the kids out after a busy day. The children loved the pool and mom and dad loved relaxing by the pool while they play. I was able to take advantage of their laundry while there and it was nice and convenient. I can't say enough about how nice the staff was and how helpful with directions.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two bedroom suite which are usually corner units and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl I

Hello Cheryl - I would like to personally thank you for your stay with us and for your wonderful review of our property. It seems that you and your family made yourselves at home, which is exactly what we are going for.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Scottsdale. Please let me know if there's anything further with which I can assist you.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

First let me start by saying that I booked this over the phone with the Marriott rewards desk. Apparently they booked the wrong night and we needed a 2 bedroom. We showed up the following night to find that our reservation was cancelled. Okay, a bit annoying but it didn't appear to be this hotels fault but the reservation agents fault. So the nice check in lady offered to take our points reservation or pay cash. We ended up taking two 1 bedrooms but at a cost of 20K each or a discounted cash stay. One of us opted for the cash the other for the points redemption. I ended up getting charged for both the cash & points so need to straighten that out. Ugggh. The check in lady gave us a free bottle of wine for our troubles which was a nice touch.
Aside from this snafu, this property is actually quite nice. It's in a shopping center behind restaurants and shops in a quiet area of Scottsdale. The grounds are quite nice with beautiful desert landscaping and a very inviting pool & firepit area. We were only there for one night so we didn't use the amenities but they were inviting. The breakfast was good quality. The rooms are very similar to a Marriott timeshare resort small 1 bedroom unit. We had a mini kitchen, comfortable bed and two TV's. A spacious bathroom and updated furnishings. A nice sectional sofa with a lounger. Very efficient use of space. Had a view of the parking lot on the first floor. Hotel was quiet the night we were there.
If I was ever in the area again, I'd consider this hotel.
Nice staff, nice place, decent location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chriskre
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hello Chriskre - I'm sorry to hear about the snafus with your reservation and the Marriott reservations center, but I'm happy that my front desk agent was able to come up with a solution that was satisfying to all parties. This types of errors are rare with Marriott and I'm glad that it hasn't ruined the brand's reputation in your eyes. Please contact me directly the next time that you are visiting Scottsdale and I will personally take care of your reservation, ensuring that everything goes as smoothly as possible. Thank you for your feedback -- it's crucial to keep improving our product and thereby keeping our guests happy.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at this facility on the final night of our Arizona vacation. We are now sold on the Residence Inn. As a family with four children, it is often difficult to find a place that can accommodate all 4 kids in one room. A two-bedroom suite in the Residence Inn is the answer. Two adults in one room, the two larger kids in another room and the two smallest on the couch. The full kitchen enables us to fix meals in our room to save $ at restaurants. And the hot breakfast was very well done.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd M

Hi Todd - I'm pleased to hear that you and your family so enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with you that the Residence Inn is a perfect place for a family. Like you said, our large suites and full kitchens really allow you to spread out, relax, and save money during your vacation. I hope that you'll consider us again the next time that you come to Scottsdale. Please let me know and I'll be happy to help you with your next reservation.

Thanks!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We loved the Residence Inn. Staff was great, breakfast nice, room large and had everything we needed. We would do this one again. The location was excellent for shopping in Scottsdale, and for various restaurants that we had reservations at.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Gmuz - I just wanted to respond to your comments and say that we're thankful that you chose the Residence Inn and thrilled that you so enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you, including making a reservation for your next stay with us.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks in Room 326 on the 3rd floor facing the mountains.
Pros:
- large & clean suite with fully equipped kitchen
- conveniently located near many popular shopping/eating areas (ie. promenade, kierland, walmart, etc are just within minutes drive)
- complimentary afternoon high tea with free beers & food and all day coffee/tea/cocoa at the lobby
- plenty of parking lots

Cons:
- far from downtown/old town
- ventilator in the toilet was very noisy and sleep disturbing, so you have to switch off the toilet's light (which is directly linked to the ventilator) in order to stop the noise
- VERY BAD laundry service. As I was on a business trip, laundry service is a very important factor as I need my business attire on a daily basis. Although it was stated that laundry sent in before 8am will be returned on the same day, I often did not receive it back on the same day. One of my skirt was decoloured by the laundry provider and I reported & handled it back to the front desk. I was advised that the manager on duty (Charles) will address my problem however, I eventually did not hear anything from him nor did I get my skirt back (yes, I had to return to Singapore leaving my skirt in Scottsdale, which I find really ridiculous). Despite multiple calls to the hotel to find out the status of my skirt during the last few days of my stay there, everybody who answered the calls are unable to advise anything and never once did I manage to find Charles.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jun_Alicia
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Hi Alicia - Thank you for your detailed response. First of all, I apologize for the issues that you had with the dry cleaning. I have spoken with the AGM here and I understand that he has since been in touch with you regarding this issue. I'm glad that it has been resolved to your satisfaction, and I encourage you to try us again the next time that you come to town. This issue was a fluke and again, I apologize.

That said, I am happy that you were pleased with our location, surroundings, and our amenities. We're proud of what we have to offer, and now you know why. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or comments or if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We staying at the Marriott Residence Inn March 14 15 16 for our first trip to Scottsdale. It was just my husband and I. I recently received a Marriott Visa so we purposely chose this hotel. We we very pleased with the room. It was super comfortable and provided so much space...we almost wished we had a kids with us...We had a very nice room that overlooked the pool.
The hotel is situated close to everything. The free breakfast was wonderful too. Front desk staff was nice and helpful when we asked questions. We are planning to come back next year and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Vacation Queen. First of all, excellent screen name. Secondly, I'm thrilled that you and your husband so enjoyed your stay with us. I'm happy that you're planning on returning next year and we look forward to "wow-ing" you even more. Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you in the meantime.