“Very nice people, facility”

Residence Inn Scottsdale North
Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 17 October 2013

5-night stay, with very kind and helpful front desk. Excellent breakfasts every day, including "to go" containers if you wanted to take the food to your room to eat. Free safe deposit boxes at the front desk.
Rooms were very nice, though the fixtures in the bathroom were clear old, and not in perfect condition. Would stay here again, for sure.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rafi13
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hi Rafi - Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn for your recent stay with us. We are the perfect place for guests such as yourself, that are staying 5 or more nights. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your comments on the bathroom fixtures. I will pass that on to my team to see what can be done about it. We look forward to seeing you back with us sometime soon, but in the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly if there's anything with which I can help you.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Pros:
- Reasonably clean rooms.
- Staff was for the most part pretty friendly, if not always fast or available

Cons:
- Air conditioner was so loud it would jerk me out of my sleep; I felt like I was in an engine room of an aircraft carrier when it was on. Had to blast it to cool down the room and then turn it off to sleep (got hot, but I guess I'm less temperature than sound sensitive, your mileage may vary.)
- Food was pretty bad for breakfast and especially for the happy hour

Depends on leaning: They blast FoxNews apparently 24/7 in the lobby. I suppose their Tea Partier guests must like it; for those of us more in the middle it's obnoxious. Don't do MSNBC or Fox if you don't want to alienate some group of guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Clark033

Hi Clark - First of all, allow me to thank you for choosing our hotel and providing us with some valued feedback, even if it's not all positive. We pride ourselves on our staff service and cleanliness, so I'm not surprised that you found them to be "pro"s.

That said, I'm sorry that your sleeping was interrupted by our A/C unit. I have spoken to my Chief Engineer and he will be taking a look at the unit that is in your room and I am confident that he will make the necessary adjustments.

As for the food options and the television station, I'd love to speak with you personally about that. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience if you would like to discuss it or anything else.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Three of us stayed in the two bedroom suite for 4 nights. It was as if living in our own apartment but with daily housekeeping. The building and room were clean, and the kitchen provided all modern conveniences. The free breakfast was a plus, so was the three TV's, Internet connection, and close proximity to shopping and restaurants. Having found a nice place to stay that allowed both our pets was extremely helpful to us. The dogs felt at home and so did we.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank V P
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hello VP - At the Residence Inn, we like to think of our suites as a home-away-from-home for our guests, so it makes me happy to see you comment on the same thing. Whether you are staying with us for a night, a week, or a month, it's our goal to make you, your fellow travelers, and of course your furry friends as comfortable as possible. Please feel free to contact me anytime if there's anything with which I can help you -- especially if and when you are coming back to visit sunny Scottsdale.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stay frequently in hotels around the world. And I can tell you that this is the best hotel I have ever stayed. It is the reason it is the only hotel I stay when visiting the area. The entire staff are very friendly, service-oriented and ever willing to help. The service in this hotel is simply outstanding. Then of course is the nicely sized room, free shuttle services to and from the hotel, free really fast high speed internet, free breakfast, and nice ambience. This is a good choice for a family on vacation or anyone out here for business.

Room Tip: The best rooms for me are the ones with the view overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David B

Hi David - Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. It's truly appreciated as is your repeat business. I look forward to the next time that your travels bring you to Scottsdale, and in the meantime, please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Three Marriott properties right near to each other. I chose this for size of room, free breakfast, free WiFi, and price. Nice stay and easy parking access. Stores and restaurants are all close by. I like the idea of 3 different buildings. Bed and couch comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Gregory W
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hi Gregory - Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn for your recent stay with us. Like you say, our large rooms pack lots of value with complimentary breakfast, WiFi, and much more. Your review and feeback makes a difference, so thanks for taking the time to let us know. Please contact me if there's anything that I can do for you.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here for one night in a two bed, two bath suite.

The suite was great, clean and plenty of space. The check in was a breeze - with a really helpful and informative member of staff on the desk.

The hotel is walking distance to some restaurants, so made a great overnight stop for us.

We would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank airedale_travellers

Hello Travelers - Thank you for your review. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us all the way from the UK. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Scottsdale again soon and if so, we hope to see you again! Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Last minute decision to stay here. Service was outstanding. We had a minor issue of the TV remote not always working and the staff responded within seconds with a new remote and new batteries. Room was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank billandchris12843
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hello BillandChris - Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Although it was a last minute decision, I'm sure that you made the right one. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to solve the issue with your remote control. Our rooms and breakfast continually get high marks from our guests, so your report pleases but doesn't surprise me. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Scottsdale sometime soon, and when they do, I'll be happy to have you stay with us once again. Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you.