“Outstanding!”

The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We had a quick layover stay. We were driving through and got in at 2am and needed to be on the road by 4pm the same day. Check in was easy and the staff was very helpful in getting us and our bags to our room. Our room was a nice 1 bedroom suite overlooking the lazy river and water slide.

The following morning we went to the Club Lounge on the 9th floor and had a nice breakfast. We then went down to the pool to take our 2 1/2 year old daughter swimming. They had a great zero entry pool and splash area that she just loved.

After a couple of hours of swimming we had lunch at the pub on the 1st floor. The prices were very reasonable and the food was perfectly prepared and fresh.

All in all this was a GREAT stay! This is exactly what I expect from a Westin Property.

Room Tip: I can't really offer a suggestion as my only experience is a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, even if it was a quick one! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. It sounds as though you took advantage of some great Resort amenities while you were here, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the pools, club lounge, and Waltz & Weiser Cantina. We hope to welcome you back again in the future, hopefully for a longer getaway. Thank you for being a valued guest of The Westin Kierland.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,545)

Reviewed 21 August 2012

My old roommate and I stayed here on a Saturday night chasing Starwood Preferred points as part of a promotion. I am a Gold Member with SPG.

Check in was smooth and they gave me 4 PM checkout without any problem. I got a room overlooking one of the pools on the 4th floor and I chose points as my welcome amenity. Internet access is complimentary in the room.

The room itself is big and spacious with a balcony featuring 2 chairs and small table. No smoking is allowed in the rooms. There is a work table with 2 chairs, a large flat screen HD television with HD programming. The bathroom is huge as well with full size bath and separate glass enclosed shower. The shower has 2 shower heads!! Towels are plentiful and fluffy. I did not use the robo bar but I did use the refrigerator to chill the complimentary water bottle supplied by the hotel. They also supply a wine opener that you can buy upon departure.

The bed is the best feature of the room. Long billowy pillows and fine bedding on top of an amazing mattress! We both slept soundly through the night. Very quiet outside and inside the room, which is appreciated. I set the Air Conditioning at 70 degrees (it was 106 F that day).

The hotel allows guests to bring their dogs, any size, without fees. And they supply bedding and pillows and treats for the dog. Wish I had known because we left our 2 small dogs home.

After we returned from Teppanyaki dinner in Old Town Scottsdale, we asked the front desk which hotel bar would be open. We found the bar on the first floor, in a small windowless room filled with guests. No music. It took a while before the only waitress took our drink orders that we charged to the room. A pool table is located next door but only fits 3 or 4 people.

We strolled outside on the patio in front of the bar area and found sofas by the lawn. I did not sit but my friend sat and jumped up immediately. She was bitten by ants that I had to brush off her dress. Hard to see in the darkened patio area.

Checkout was easy as well. I stopped by the Concierge desk for my free gift which turned out to be a useful shopping bag with the Hotel Logo. Nice. I can’t wait to stay here again—with the dogs.

Room Tip: If you drive an AUDI, you can park right up front of the main entrance in the dedicated AUDI lane.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at this lovely resort. My room was immaculent and well appointed. I had a stunning view of the beautiful golf course. The pool areas were well maintained and the staff was friendly and always willing to serve. I would definately stay here again and can't wait until we get to again. It's right across the street from the Kierland Commons shopping area. Special kudos to the bell hops at the front entrance, very friendly guys!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the golf course are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We love to hear when our guests are satisfied with their Kierland experience, and it sounds as though you had a truly enjoyable stay. We strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests, and we will certainly pass along your feedback regarding our service express attendants on the front drive. We are glad to hear that you are excited to stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Perfect it is not; I've run into a couple of snags...very minor snags in the 20+ times I've stayed here. Otherwise, this hotel, the staff, the rooms, the cleanliness, the location is top-notch. Deseo, the major restaurant, has unique food that is delicious. Room service is limited and expensive but good. Staff is well-trained. Superb shopping and restaurants are literally across the street. Valet parking is expensive, but there is plenty of self-parking. Ask for a golf-course view. The Brittlebush restaurant near the golf course is an easy walk from the hotel and is a great choice for lunch. This property is modern but classic, upscale but friendly. Come in your shorts and flip flop or formal wear...no matter what you will feel welcomed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay in July. We love to hear that you continue to return to stay with us, and that you enjoy your overall Kierland experience. It sounds like you took advantage of many of our Resort amenities, including deseo and Brittlebush Bar & Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you for being a valued guest of The Westin Kierland.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We chose this hotel because it was the only hotel in the area that had a kids club that allowed 4 year olds. Any other perk the hotel had would just be icing on the cake, and it really was. It was a great trip. The staff at the kids club were great with our son and he had a wonderful time. The hotel is right next to Kierland Commons (we had no idea what that was before getting there) and we found some really great restaurants there (we had AMAZING meals at both Green House and North) and did a little shopping. Every night when we got back to the hotel, they had a dessert cart in the lobby and my son was very excited to pick something on our way back up to the room. My husband and I both had pleasant experiences at the Spa. It wasn't the nicest or fanciest spa I've ever been in but it was still a good experience. I love the products they use and the staff was great. We had facials, massage and reflexology and loved them all. The pools were great, my son loved the slides and lazy river. I didn't go to the adult pool but it was nice that they had the option. Every evening at sunset they had a bagpipe player out on the patio. We'd go down and watch him and have a couple glasses of wine. All in all, it was a great resort and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Thank Ms. Bing

We thank you for sharing your recent stay with your family. It was delightful to hear that you enjoyed all that you expereinced while staying with us. It is our goal to provide experiences for all of our guests, of all ages, and it sounds like every person in your family enjoyed our Resort amenities. We will gladly share your feedback with our management teams regarding your pleasant service experiences at the spa and Kids Club. So many of our guests come back again and again due to our location with the Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter adjacent to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming your family back again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your Kierland experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I visited the Kierlands in early May 2012 with a few girlfriends.
We stayed in the condos - which were very comfortable (great bed!) and perfect for the 3 of us. We spent our days at the adult pool, ate at the outside grill and took advantage of the shuttle to run us to the mall or restaurant.
Overall, the service was impeccable - we felt very well taken care of.
Not sure we'd come again, as for us - besides pool time and shopping, there wasn't much to do - we don't golf. This is no reflection of the resort - it was fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review from May of this year. We really appreciate hearing from our guests directly about the over experience from their stay. We are delighted to hear that you and your girlfriends enjoyed many of the Resort amenities we offer and that you felt taken care of. We strive to offer our guests the feeling of a home away from home, and it sounds as though this was the case during your stay. We hope that you will return to stay again in the future - maybe to try golf for the first time, or to enjoy the other planned activities our Resort offers. Thank you again for feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Vacationing in Scottsdale at the Westin was better than we expected. The hotel is comfortable, quiet, clean, with friendly staff. The salt water lap pool is delicious and the lazy river was so relaxing. Having the Kierland Golf Reort right next door is such a bonus. It's a beautiful course with A/C and misters on the golf cart!! What a treat!! The course is in great condition despite the hot summer heat. Loved our stay!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for sharing your review from your recent stay at The Westin Kierland. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our pools and golf courses during your visit - certainly great ways to experience the beautiful Resort surroundings. We hope to welcome you back to the Resort very soon. Thank you for being a valued guest of our Resort.