The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$135
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$113
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$403
US$358
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
Travelocity
US$284
US$227
EmbassySuites.com
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$205
Hotels.com
US$428
US$386
2,604 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursedessert bardeseo restaurantadult poolflow rideradventure poolfire pitheavenly bedbagpipe playeroutdoor mallkierland resortlight showfamily poolpool areascottsdale quarterevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Visited for a Conference in September, this place is the bee knees. The hotel staff is very nice, check in was easy and I had a room on the 3rd floor over looking the spa/pool area. Mornings are amazing, take you cup of java on the patio and enjoy the desert sounds. Rooms are updated with all the amenities, grounds are spotless, pool are clean and golf course is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Westin Lierland is a great property for business and pleasure alike. Although I visited while attending a business conference, the location and amenities make me want to return for a vacation. The staff were efficient and helpful, the food was fantastic and the rooms comfortable. All in all, you couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Doug,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay and your overall positive experience with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and greatly value your feedback while taking the time to write to us.

We are happy to hear that you had a memorable experience at our resort and hope that you were able to find some moments of relaxation amidst your busy conference schedule. We strive to provide only the best service to our Resort guests and are glad that you felt well cared for while in our home. We will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff and management team.

Please let us know if you plan a return visit. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest.

Communications Team

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We liked many things about this resort- great service, a very comfortable room and a good rate. The hotel is used by business groups for meetings and conventions, but yet it does not have that feeling to it. The hotel feels more geared to the resort goer.

The property is large yet somehow everything is not a big walk away from anywhere else on the grounds. The hotel is located next to a great selection of restaurants and shops. The Westin offers a free shuttle if you do not feel like walking. We will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Michaela,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We value receiving guest feedback and appreciate your positive review and recommendation.

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you left feeling refreshed, renewed and better than when you arrived.

We cannot wait to see you again!

Communications Team

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was our first trip to this establishment. I was attending a conference. I must say all the staff are very friendly at the resort. The resort is no doubt a beautiful place and the rooms are fairly modern and new. However, the housekeeping is very slow in getting the room cleaned. It was usually cleaned by late afternoon and this is just not what I am used to. The cleaning is also not very detail-oriented. I found hair on the floor. The best part of the trip for me was the food at Deseo. We ate there our last night at the resort and I wished we have discovered the place upon arrival. Food was quite tasty and beautifully presented. And the prices are very reasonable. My husband really enjoyed his golfing experience as well. Overall we had a good time and would return on company time but probably not on our own.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was really looking forward to staying here for 4 nights as the end of a three week trip in California. I had had excellent stays with Hyatt in Chicago and Monterey. However, I feel that SPG Platinum is not fully recognised here, perhaps due to conventions, albeit I eventually got a 3pm checkout.
I was surprised by this, as Platinum rewards in Europe and The Far East are excellent, and US is home of Starwood. Platinum lounge is ok, but breakfast could be better. Staff need trained, albeit they were pleasant.
Location to the two shopping centres is excellent for dining and shopping, and the main area is impressive. Garden area is beautiful around the resort. "Newly Renovated" rooms are nothing special, and don't reflect the reception area or 5 star status. I had a few issues with the room, which the housekeeping manager dealt with professionally, but shouldn't have occurred in the first place. Recycling programme has lip service,and I saw many things that could be improved to save our planet and stop waste. I found that front door staff are the most impressive, and were very helpful and attentive with good humour. Damon, I found is the best member of staff on Concierge desk, a pleasant, courteous individual with a "can-do" attitude. Pool staff are also attentive. A male member of staff in restaurant "Deseos" and in particular, the staff in the outside downstairs bar need service training. I celebrated my arrival, whilst waiting for my room,with a glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne, had to ask for nibbles from another server, and got a beer mug of questionable savouries....not quite right for prices charged. Poor service levels for a 5 star resort. The Scottish theme and daily bagpipes a nice touch. Overall, the hotel has great potential, but needs detail.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo