“I love it here”

Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Ciudad Obregon, Mexico
“I love it here”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I just loooove this hotel, vallet guys are beyond nice. I love it because my husband is a golfer, he likes the field I love the walking distance to the shops! breakfast room service is delicious!!! and rooms are super comfy!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review and recommendation. We are delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us and hope that you left our Resort feeling better than when you arrived.

We always welcome the opportunity to have you back as our guests hope to see you again.

The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Korean first
windsor, ca
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We just returned from a long weekend at the Kierland where 12 of us celebrated my husband's 50th birthday. This place is fantastic! We were happy with everything about the resort. That staff is very welcoming and accomodating , the rooms were beautiful ( love that Westin heavenly bed), and the grounds are spectacular. Had a great time lounging at the pool and sitting outside overlooking the golf course in the evening. We ladies visited the spa while the guys played golf and were very happy with the services provided. Participated in a yoga class also, which was taught by a great teacher. Good food on site with excellent service. Highly recommend the Kierland and will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay and for choosing to spend your husband's birthday with us! Please extend our belated birthday wishes to him. It sure sounds like you had a lovely time taking advantage of everything the Resort has to offer including the spa, golf and some relaxation time by the pool. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our oasis in the desert in the near future!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful resort great rooms, great pools, great lazy river, close to lots of shopping and restaurants. Staff was very courteous and professional. Be prepared to pay resort prices for everything. Restaurants on site are average and overpriced so I would seek out one of the other restaurants located close by. Golf course is beautiful and very forgiving.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide some valuable feedback from your recent stay. It sounds like you had a nice time exploring the Resort and we appreciate your comments about the courteous and professional staff. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to sunny Scottsdale in the future and if there is ever a time we can assist you in planning that perfect getaway, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at tripadvisor@kierlandresort.com.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Overall, I had an incredible three days at the hotel. The good vibes started even before I got to the hotel. Their social media staff was incredibly helpful with information about he hotel and the best ways to get to and from the airport to the resort.

The facility was absolutely gorgeous. I had a fantastic Junior Suite with a patio -- yes, a real patio large enough to comfortably put a lounge chair, and a table with four chairs. I ended up getting a bunch of work done sitting at that table looking out onto the golf course and the hills.

The concierge staff was incredibly helpful in regards to finding restaurants and getting my boss and I squeezed in to one of the restaurants at which I couldn't get a reservation myself. The front desk staff was incredibly accommodating, and genuinely made it feel like they wanted to help.

The room itself was very comfortable, and the air conditioner responded very well -- which was important when it was in the high 90s. The room service crew also did a great job.

My only complaint was with two of the on-site restaurants, but I'm not going to let that change my score, because there are so many fantastic off-site restaurants that are close by. In particular, the service at Brittlebush Bar & Grill was pitiful. The restaurant was less than half full, we got the wrong meal, got charged for someone else's meal, and overall the food was ok at best.

I can't wait to go back there on a pleasure trip rather than a business trip !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Felix,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some feedback from your recent stay. We really appreciate receiving detailed comments such as yours which assists us in our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service to each and every guest. We are delighted to hear about your overall positive impression of the Resort and sounds like you had a lovely morning getting some work done from your patio while taking advantage of the beautiful Scottsdale weather! On behalf of everyone at The Westin Kierland Resort, we would like to apologize for the experience you had at Brittlebush Bar & Grill and have already forwarded your comments on to the management team. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Resort in the future, when on vacation of course!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent one night at the Kierland using a Valentines gift card my husband bought for me. His thought was that I would do a day spa trip, but I realized that I would rather a room, and take advantage of adult pool time and kiddo pool time on either side of a one night stay. The room was standard hotel stuff, although the bathroom updates were very nice. The separate shower stall and bath were modern updates and nicely done. Shower stall was a bit tight (couldn't escape the rain shower head) but still lovely. The heavenly bed was.... ok. Turns out we aren't heavenly bed kind of people. Better than the regular hotel mattresses, but a tad firm to our liking. The AC in the room was quiet and efficient. Nice balcony gave us a view of the spa and pool areas.

The adult pool was surprisingly dated. I felt like it was mediocre at best. Service was good however. The facility itself needs an update. We did a couple of spa treatments, I had a facial and hubby had a pedicure. Spa was nice although I didn't take time to enjoy the sauna or relaxation rooms as I was in a hurry to get to happy hour and dinner. We enjoyed some free wine tasting in the lobby bar - The Rim. Nice touch before heading down to The Muddle Bar for happy hour and an early dinner. Really enjoyed The Muddle bars offerings. The shrimp and beef flatbread on the happy hour menu were divine. Would like to take another evening and have a full meal at Deseo.
We had our infant with us and were given a nice crib for her in the room. We all slept well. We picked up my school age kids on Saturday morning and we hit up the lazy river and kid pool. Got some nice seats down front by the zero depth / beach style pool entry. My 6 year old was in heaven, this was just her speed. She loved it. My 5 year old was fighting a cold and was happy to nurse a smoothie under the umbrella with me. All and all a nice family atmosphere. The flowrider looked cool but my kids were too young. This is a nice family resort - but not a waterpark. There is a difference. Food was good and service was prompt and efficient. They came thru periodically and took orders, checking back often. Towels and other amenities were good. We did have a need for changing areas since we were heading home after pool time (and had checked out). Maybe we missed them, but couldn't find a locker room. I'm pretty sure me and my 3 girls annoyed some ladies in the bathroom! All and all, a nice get away, especially if you've got kids. Adults are well taken care of and kids are too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay and provide such detailed feedback. It not only helps fellow travelers but is shared with our entire management team to assist in our ongoing effort to continue providing only the best customer service experience for each and every guest. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us, especially in the Muddle Bar at deseo, our signature Nuevo Latina restaurant. You will definitely have to come back and experience dinner with us. We would suggest enjoying the deseo Epicurean Experience. Held every Thursday at 5:30 p.m., Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid, will do a demonstration of two signature ceviche dishes (paired with a signature mojito drink), followed by a three-course dinner at “The Rail” (paired with South American wines). You can interact with the chefs, ask questions and learn tips to use at home! The three-course dinner includes salad, entrée and dessert in addition to wine paired with each course and one of our signature muddle drinks to kick off the night.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Resort soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I have been coming to this resort and spa for the last couple of years now and it never disappoints! We were there for our babymoon in September and had an amazing time! The service and amenities ie. Spa, golf, pools etc. we thoroughly enjoyed! It is also walking distance to shops and some great restaurant and bars! We walked everywhere and left our car parked the entire stay! The best part about the Westin Kierland is that it is a family friendly resort so we can continue coming here every year with our baby girl!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for being a return visitor to The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. Winning the loyalty of a guest is a high achievement and we are honored to have earned yours.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! We are thrilled to hear that you and a great time celebrating with us. We hope that many lasting memories were made during your special babymoon visit.

Please let us know when you plan a return visit. We cannot wait to meet your baby girl!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here in May for 3 nights and had a great experience. The hotel is well appointed with great service and staff. If you have children, it is very kid friendly as well with many activites for all ages. The pools are lovely and it is nice that they have one for adults while the other pool is for families. There are water slides, the lazy river, and flowrider with plenty of bar service as well.

I will say that the hotel is large and busy with several conventions going on at once so if you are looking for more of a boutique hotel, this is not the place for you. Deseo, the high end South American restaurant in the hotel was fabulous! We ate there twice. I had a treatment at the spa which was also beautiful. The only issue I had was when they misplaced my golf clubs while bringing them over from the hotel to the course. It was resolved quickly.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would definately stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing details about your recent visit to The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We are delighted that you had a great experience and enjoyed many aspects of your stay including the Adventure Water Park, FlowRider, our signature restaurant deseo and the spa. We hope that many lasting memories were made and that you left our Resort feeling relaxed and renewed.

Again, thank you for your feedback and positive review. We look forward to your return!