“Words Aren't Enough”

Desert Splash Adventures
Ranked #19 of 54 Tours in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert Splash Adventures offers Arizona's only Amphibious Cessna Caravan (Seaplane) experience. You and up to 8 guests may choose from charters to Roosevelt Lake, Lake Powell, Sedona, Flagstaff or the Grand Canyon. Your adventure flight gives unparalleled access to all of the spectacular views and dramatic rock formations that the Sonoran Desert and Tonto Basin have to offer - and all charters include our signature water landing! As you plan your trip, you may choose options such as private hangar gatherings, lake activities such as standup paddle boarding, canyoneering, or island-side private wine tasting. Or perhaps you want to build-your-own custom charter. We welcome all requests! So pack your camera, round up your colleagues, clients, family and friends, and take this incredible journey!
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We took the Desert Splash Brunch flight to Roosevelt Lake with Pilot Rob, Charlene, Sam, Pavla, and I can't even begin to describe the experience. It was the most amazing flight and narration of what we were seeing, the music when Rob wasn't narrating was really toe tapping, great water landing at Rabbit Island, outstanding brunch paired with wines from a local winery and fun people. Can't wait for next year to do this again. Thanks to everyone who made this such a memorable experience. Highly recommend this experience to anyone who wants to see Arizona from a different view!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just returned back to the UK after a couple of weeks touring around Arizona. Our Seaplane trip with Rob was fabulous, both the experience of flying in a small plane and the stunning views. Rob's narration during the flight was so interesting, and when he wasn't chatting to us he played music which made us feel so relaxed as if we were floating around in the sky. We took loads of photos between us to remind us of our wonderful flight. The landing of the plane on Lake Roosevelt was so smooth, and then Rob just hopped out of the plane and dragged it to the shore where we were all able to have a wander around admiring the scenery for a while. What a guy!!
If you have the opportunity to go on one of Desert Splash Adventures tour, do go, satisfaction guaranteed!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had such an amazing time on the Apache Trail tour with Pilot Rob. He was so informative, funny and had the perfect playlist to narrate the tour. He especially knows a lot about the Native American history of the land, which is something very unique to Arizona that is not often touched upon. I've lived in Phoenix for 15 years and can honestly say this is one of my favorite "tourist attractions" I have ever experienced, I plan to return for another tour soon!

I was completely mesmerized by the beauty of the desert and lake, this is one of the most unique ways to view Phoenix and I highly recommend it - to both locals AND tourists. They also have very affordable pricing that won't break the bank! The scenery is so beautiful and the plane windows so clear that you don't need a fancy DSLR camera to take amazing photos, all the photos I've uploaded were taken on my iPhone.

For those concerned with fears over being in a small plane, heights or motion sickness, fear not! My friend who accompanied me is terrified of small planes but the ride was so smooth (much smoother than a helicopter) and she barely noticed the size of the plane once we took off due to the fact you are looking out the windows the entire time (you literally can't look away, the view is breathtaking). I am also terrified of heights and wasn't scared at all since you feel so much closer to the ground than in a commercial plane and the plane can literally land safely at any time on the tour since it has water landing gear as well. :)

Overall, this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that is so worthwhile. One of my best Arizona memories to date.

1  Thank Bailey S
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Want to See Native American ruins, land on a lake, travel to the heart of the Superstition Mountains, and soar like an eagle through ancient canyons. Then this is the tour for you.

As a Phoenician (Phoenix native) and someone in the hospitality industry I have traveled quite extensively in and around Phoenix. I've done most of the tours our area has to offer and I thought I'd seen everything. I was mistaken. I'd heard about Desert Splash Adventures for quite some time and never thought to much about it, after all I'd been on helicopter tours, hot air balloon rides, etc. This was a totally different experience. First of all our Pilot Rob was awesome, Well informed, professional, and accommodating, it's obvious he truly wants to make sure every one of his guests has an outstanding experience. Not only is he an awesome pilot, he is somewhat of an expert on local Apache history and the Superstition Mountains. You will get a first class history lesson on the Apache wars, the Lost Dutchman's gold mine, and the salt river.
Being a local, I have hiked, fished, camped, and explored much of the Apache Trail in my lifetime at one point or another, however seeing and experiencing it with Desert Splash was AWESOME. I got a chance to see the canyons and back canyons of the Salt River Canyon. The Superstition Wilderness and Weaver's Needle from the air is spectacular and cruising just off the deck and through the canyons is an experience not to be missed. To sum it all up this is probably the best local tour I have ever been on. From the water landing, to cruising through the canyons; the engaging historical information to the stunning scenery; this tour rocks. 5 Stars all the way. Whether you are here just visiting or an Arizona native this is one experience not to be missed. Oh, and the best part, everyone gets a window seat.

1  Thank Cory D