My family and I have stayed at a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels over the years and have always found them to be newer properties in great condition with consistent standards. This one was a disappointment. First of all, this is not a newer property and was not up to the standards we expected. We stayed in a 2-bed queen suite. The room appeared somewhat run-down. When I tried to open the window to let in some fresh air, it only opened 6 inches and the screen was falling off the window. The interior part of the suite, where the microwave, mini-fridge, sofa bed, sink, and bathroom are located was very stuffy. Despite a ceiling fan, the only ventilation comes from the unit on the far wall at the opposite end of the suite, and it only reached the first room, where the beds are located. The sofa bed was extremely lumpy and in terrible condition...could not be slept on, even by my son who is not picky and had spent two nights that week very happily on a sofa bed in another hotel. The blanket (a Vellux-type blanket) which was given us for the sofa bed had holes in it, was obviously very old, and had a stiff, course texture. One of the glass doors which separate the two rooms of the suite could not be closed without moving one of the beds. The bathroom and kitchen area were clean, but not the carpet...there was debris under the beds and furniture. The AAA rate price we paid in advance was higher than the price they were advertising online while we were there. I questioned this and was told that the first price which pops up online is usually a lower, nonrefundable price, so that's why we were charged more. Looking at the website again now it doesn't look like that's the case...I think we overpaid. I brought up all these concerns to the manager and no effort was made to compensate us for the difficulties. Would definitely not return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale is a lovely oasis that offers the excitement and attractions of a busy metropolis, as well as the quiet and laid-back atmosphere of a Western town. The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Scottsdale offers easy access to the area's attractions and lovely desert landscape. Corporate travelers appreciate that our modern facilities include a well-equipped Business Center, as well as an 875-sq-ft event room. The hotel's location in Scottsdale, Arizona places guests near such area businesses as Scottsdale Healthcare, General Dynamics, Boeing and Greenbaum Surgery Center. We suggest that you take the time to explore the nearby, beautiful Desert Botanical Garden. After spending the morning at the garden, head over to the Phoenix Zoo for a fun-filled afternoon. If you're in the mood to go shopping, you can check out Old Town Scottsdale or Fashion Square Mall. While visiting, be sure to check the schedules at Scottsdale Stadium and WestWorld to see what events are in town. Our complimentary, hot breakfast ensures that you start your day off the right way with a hearty meal. We provide free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel's facility, and the Scottsdale, Arizona area is easily accessible with our free shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you to the all-suite Holiday Inn Express® Scottsdale hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Scottsdale - Old Town Arizona