Just completed a four-night stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Our stay got off to a rocky start as the first room we were assigned was across the hall from a dog that barked all night long causing my wife and I to wake up periodically when we were tired coming off a cross country flight.
We were able to get our room switched the following morning. In addition, the first room had mattresses that were hard as a rock. The second room was still very firm but seemed a little softer. The staff did tell us they replaced all the mattresses late last summer, so perhaps they're still breaking in. I did find it strange as I've stayed in Holiday Inns and HI Express properties all over the country and never found the mattresses to be so firm.
But aside from that I have no complaints. This hotel gives you a ton of extras - not just the awesome HI breakfast with the delicious cinnamon rolls every day, but lemonade in the afternoon, a manager's reception with free beer and snacks in the evening, and milk and cookies at night. Staff here is real friendly too, everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeeping greets you. The pool is kind of small, but outside of that, if you get a good rate this is a great property. They give you a ton of extras, and don't charge the resort fees like most every place in Scottsdale does.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale is a lovely oasis that offers the excitement and attractions of a busy metropolis, as well as the quiet and laid-back atmosphere of a Western town. The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Scottsdale offers easy access to the area's attractions and lovely desert landscape. Corporate travelers appreciate that our modern facilities include a well-equipped Business Center, as well as an 875-sq-ft event room. The hotel's location in Scottsdale, Arizona places guests near such area businesses as Scottsdale Healthcare, General Dynamics, Boeing and Greenbaum Surgery Center. We suggest that you take the time to explore the nearby, beautiful Desert Botanical Garden. After spending the morning at the garden, head over to the Phoenix Zoo for a fun-filled afternoon. If you're in the mood to go shopping, you can check out Old Town Scottsdale or Fashion Square Mall. While visiting, be sure to check the schedules at Scottsdale Stadium and WestWorld to see what events are in town. Our complimentary, hot breakfast ensures that you start your day off the right way with a hearty meal. We provide free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel's facility, and the Scottsdale, Arizona area is easily accessible with our free shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you to the all-suite Holiday Inn Express® Scottsdale hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Scottsdale - Old Town Arizona