Three ladies from my family were in Scottsdale for an event and just needed a decent place to sleep at night. We chose to stay here because 1) it is conveniently located away from the center of Old Town Scottsdale, yet close enough to the Fashion Square mall and to the stores and restaurants in Old Town, 2) the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to these locations and 3) the hotel has suites, meaning we could each have our own bed.
All 3 expectations were met and I would have rated this place a tad higher (but still average) had we not experienced some service issues. Our room window would not shut and we had 2 nights of poor sleep due to the noise from outside traffic. We reported this on the second night but there was no one on-site to repair it. Front desk tried in vain. When we alerted the manager about this at check-out, he offered our adult party of 3 a $10 gift voucher towards their gift shop which we declined, he offered $20 but we said no, thanks! No regrets there because when we did check out the gift shop on our way out, it only had chips and other snacks. I did not see any souvenirs or 'gifts' in the GIFTshop.
Our room was clean and had all the basic amenities. It had a leaking sink which they came in to repair but it was still leaking when we left.
The staff were courteous.
The pictures on the hotel website make it look more grand but the facility is small - 1 small elevator and 3 floors.
Breakfast and Happy Hour were very basic but that is all okay since the room rates were fair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale is a lovely oasis that offers the excitement and attractions of a busy metropolis, as well as the quiet and laid-back atmosphere of a Western town. The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Scottsdale offers easy access to the area's attractions and lovely desert landscape. Corporate travelers appreciate that our modern facilities include a well-equipped Business Center, as well as an 875-sq-ft event room. The hotel's location in Scottsdale, Arizona places guests near such area businesses as Scottsdale Healthcare, General Dynamics, Boeing and Greenbaum Surgery Center. We suggest that you take the time to explore the nearby, beautiful Desert Botanical Garden. After spending the morning at the garden, head over to the Phoenix Zoo for a fun-filled afternoon. If you're in the mood to go shopping, you can check out Old Town Scottsdale or Fashion Square Mall. While visiting, be sure to check the schedules at Scottsdale Stadium and WestWorld to see what events are in town. Our complimentary, hot breakfast ensures that you start your day off the right way with a hearty meal. We provide free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel's facility, and the Scottsdale, Arizona area is easily accessible with our free shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you to the all-suite Holiday Inn Express® Scottsdale hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Scottsdale - Old Town Arizona